General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Modules

Post by Terre » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 20:26

In the introductions, there are many mentions of adding modules, but nothing about moving or removing, I accept that the latter will require the player to have storage. What if the player wishes to move a module from one part of a station to another, or to a completely different station all together.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 20:31

I think there will be spots on the main builder pad that you can expand a module to and then spots on that module to expand it further out. My guess is some spots are for certain modules as some might not fit on all spots.

What i really hope is for vertical building instead of boring horizontal ones. Used to love the high risers from tachyon the fringe.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 20:32

He also said you could spend days working on a single station! Methinks I like it!

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 20:34

Lol minecraft in space then is it? :D
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 22:01

Hi,

You know, I always wanted to actually build my stations rather than have them dumped fully assembled. I LIKE this feature.

Also, early game, I can imagine players aiding constuction / expansion of NPC stations too...a good practise for building our own one would hope.

I also like the idea of being on a tight buget building your station and shipping all the parts yourself, from wherever you might aquire them... :twisted:

Additionally, reading between the lines, it seems that stations might be of much greater financial significance than ever before. I.e. in TC and before we buy a cheap station to earn some extra dosh (while we do other things) so we can afford that first M3 / M6 or whatever. In Rebirth we buy that M3 / M6 so we can properly defend our property - which may be our main income source.

Cheers,

Scoob.

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:25

im rly excited by this module system more so than any other feature in rebirth
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 21:53

The modular idea sounds really, really, good. And finally, weapons in stations!!! I will definitely take hours upon hours re-arranging my stations so they look good, and are also impregnable fortresses!

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 22:39

Don't forget doing the same for capital ships too! If Bernd wasn't just being figurative about them having hundreds of modules... that's a lot of time to set them up right. But they'd be awesome to fly.

By the sounds of it though they must have managed to free up an awful lot of performance by removing all the years of old code from the game engine, and adding multicore support. There's no way the TC engine could have supported even one of these new capships without slideshow-lag. Though to be fair, I haven't seen what XR does with it yet...

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 23:15

Really like the direction taken with the Stations , modules is what I tried to add in X3:TC with my Production Modules mod.

I can't wait to get my teeth into the new space opera :-)

LA

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”