Just requesting some clarification about the ship aspect

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 05:46

The problem is, bernd has not given a clear argument of the player ship...

ONE thing is upgrading stats, firepower, cargo, number of drones, add/upgrade turrets, etc.
And a VERY DIFERENT thing is changing the shape, size or adding modules to the ship, so it will not look the same the whole game.

The first option sucks, the second is awesome.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 08:16

grbaker wrote:Lastly, if Egosoft have gone in this direction (and yes it sounds a little Darkstar One)... How about (and yes you may have this in there) blueprints for unique drones? Like easter eggs, rewards or rubble from destroyed ships/stations.
:twisted:
How do you spell DLC anyway? 8)
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

grbaker
x4

Post by grbaker » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 09:06

strude wrote:
How do you spell DLC anyway? 8)
NOW. :D

Egosoft a great for adding functionality post release anyway.

I have been reading another thread on this... I think the crux of the forum flaming maybe people venting their frustration that a major part of X2/X3 may have gone walkies... and all that is 80% based on snippets of info.

For me personally X2 jumped out above X-btf becuase it gave you so many more options in the personal ship combat department. I think others are very worried this may have gone away.

IF M3 fighters are still around but you have to VR them from your 'life-boat'.. it maybe okay... but it may also take away some of the thrill of getting your butt into a sh_tf-fight anyway (cause death just VR's you back to the lifeboat).

No flaming from me... just a little on the concerned side, but I am also looking forward to seeing what can be done with the customisable turrets, shields, etc to the player ship, capitals ships and stations .. and hope it really does provide a level of creative reward to the players of the game.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”