Hmmm...this means more than one cockpit..hopefully

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

unknown1
x4

Hmmm...this means more than one cockpit..hopefully

Post by unknown1 » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 20:50

Bernd wrote:You can in fact even land on these beasts and get out of your playership to meet NPCs while watching the large ship move around in space FROM the deck of the ship!
I think that you can't dock to a capital ship and stay on it's bridge withouth it having a cockpit,more like a large control room .This means there will be more cockpits than the one in your playership.It's just that you will be only a "guest" on the bridges of your own capital ships and not control them like your "Pride of Albion" :lol:

Also another intriguing fact.In one of the screenshots,there is a large carrier? with what it seems to be an external large hangar.Will it be posible to land there for safety and still be able to watch a battle trough your playership cockpit if the carrier will be engaged into one?And as you are docked here will you take damage from incoming shots or the carrier shields will protect you?
Personally i won't mind these things to be possible in the game :lol:

I would like answers to these matters from devs if possible.
Last edited by unknown1 on Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:44, edited 2 times in total.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:01

"FROM the deck of the ship!"

My guess is they think the deck will be like a deck from x3 and onwards views. Some stupid first person but no cockpit view.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:12

Skeeter wrote:"FROM the deck of the ship!"

My guess is they think the deck will be like a deck from x3 and onwards views. Some stupid first person but no cockpit view.
And how do you explain the interaction with the ship's captain?If you'll just se in front of your ship,this means the guy should be in a space suit in front of the ship for you to give him orders and interact with...sorry but i think it won't be like this...

Still waiting for a official response.

amtct
x3ap

Re: Hmmm...this means more than one cockpit..hopefully

Post by amtct » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:17

unknown1 wrote:I would like answers to these matters from devs if possible.
I want those answers from Bernd because he is the boss and he can change everything even the release date :lol:

I think he meant that you will have a cool badass ship with nice interior and you will be able to fly other ships using some kind of vitual reality device that is on your ship's bridge .That means you can play DiD and not die .I only hope they will allow the main ship go in to battles .because I want to see (if there is a window /screen) other ships firing at me :D

Oh boy oh boy I have to play this game :mrgreen:

Ludicer
x3ap

Post by Ludicer » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:34

unknown1 wrote: And how do you explain the interaction with the ship's captain?
I suggest turning the entire game into a text based RPG, and put an end to the cockpit discussions. :P

Actually I'm pretty excited by the concept. It feels better when you imagine being an admiral of the fleet and telling the navigator what ever you want instead of steering the ship yourself like a truck driver 'Adama':)

What I don't get is, how will we manage to travel between interiors or different npcs without walking? or will we be able to walk? or should we expect an adventure-like game interface from the early 90s.
Last edited by Ludicer on Fri, 30. Sep 11, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:37

Ludicer wrote:What I don't get is, how will we manage to travel between interiors or different npcs without walking? or will we be able to walk? or should we expect an adventure-like game interface from the early 90ies.
Maybe its a FPS game now and maybe you will find a gun on your bridge and play Call of duty in space :lol:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”