Will x2 style nebula be making a come back?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

Will x2 style nebula be making a come back?

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:05

As i read in a recent post about x2 nebulas. It got me to ask this question.

Would x2 style nebulas be coming back? Not the x3 ones etc as they were generally inferior.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:39

I think I remember someone saying they couldn't be done with DX9 on the X3 engine. New engine this time, so I'm hoping they will.

Something like an electrical subsystem disrupting nebulae could be used as a mechanism of locking certain areas until the player has upgraded enough to withstand flying through it, like the islands being locked in GTA. That's the kind of thing I'm expecting.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:43

Hi,

Well I for one certainly hope so, to aid the whole "exploration" aspect we need certain points of interest...and have hidden points of greater interest within that!

I think areas in the game, off the beaten path (highway) such as asteroid fields etc. would be much more interersting if there were some sort of sensor obscuring effect - either by a traditional "X2" Nebula or maybe just a radiation effect from the asteroids, meaning we'd need to rely on eyeballs.

Actually either way is good - or both. I.e. some places you HAVE to rely on sensors due to large amounts of dust, others sensors are useless so eyeballs it is. Of course a situation where BOTH sensors and eyeballs are...compromised would be fun too.

Hidden UFO base FTW! Lol.

Ok, maybe not but pirates would have reason to hide....I mean the Pirate Bases in TC are a bit of a joke really aren't they?

Just saw Rednoahl's response while previewing this...nice idea...Impassable places without the right equipment - I like! A bit like Homeworld...

Cheers,

Scoob.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 22:53

I love tactical effects-nebulae, very fun in RTS games, why not X-style games?
Rawr.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”