what noone is talking about

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

corhen
x3tc

what noone is talking about

Post by corhen » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 09:47

i do love the fact that i dont see anyone on this forum saying "i really hope X rebirth has better voice acting"

i think by this time everyone thinks that in the future, we will all have about three tones of voice!
Jovianmoon wrote:
apricotslice wrote:...auto-pillok...
Are we ready to collide with that asteroid?
Yes sir! Engaging auto-pillock!

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 10:49

Good voice acting requires good voice actors.

Good voice actors require money.

Egosoft doesn't have a terrible amount of money at its disposal.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 10:52

Hm. Given that ES is focusing on npcs as the general game interface (companions, managers, captains), the quality of voice-overs might be more important than in previous titles.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 10:53

well if the voices are like the guy from the trailer (granted not the best in the world) then i think we will be ok.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Knetter_Gek
x3tc

Post by Knetter_Gek » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 11:22

voice acting isn't all that expensive - so long as you don't mind getting average performance. Considering the voice bits were just window dressing in the previous X titles, I wouldn't be surprised if they spent more on it this time without immediately going bankrupt.

I spent 50 euros on a 32 second commercial jingle to go on the local radio years and years ago, and that included a background "music" and the girl did three takes. I'm not expecting Egosoft to have "we went bankrupt trying to get voice overs" in their next newsletter :)
We are all explorers of the deepest reaches of space.
We don't just watch space on our monitors and listen to the sounds in it:
We, all of us, each and every one of us, owns, to a man, as many operational Space Shuttles as NASA does.
Yes, we're all that awesome. Give yourself a hug.

amtie
x3tc

Post by amtie » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 11:53

What? The voice acting in the trailer was awesome. And most, if not all, of the voice acting in TC was good.

Syock

Post by Syock » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 15:47

amtie wrote:What? The voice acting in the trailer was awesome. And most, if not all, of the voice acting in TC was good.
I thought the issue was what he was saying, rather than how he was saying it. It came across comically repetitive to me.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:14

KloHunt3r wrote:Good voice acting requires good voice actors.
Its a voice in a game, not in a song...how bad can be a voice that's talking?
Let's say you have a crew member on your real life space ship.Don't tell me you'd pick your crew after a voice selection contest....sheesh that X Factor crap is affecting people :roll:

P.S.There was the golden voice homeless dude .Someone needs to buy him a trip to Germany/Egosoft :lol:

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:19

Just to make a point, this is how bad it can get: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_bx_9QYt7k

:roll:

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:24

X2-Eliah wrote:Just to make a point, this is how bad it can get: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_bx_9QYt7k

:roll:
23 is just :rofl:

EDIT:Why the hell you changed the link it was this 23 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRhDmUzWuBI

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:33

As long as they have subtitles I will be fine, if it comes to it I will just turn off the voices.
I didn't think they were that bad in X3 just not a lot of emotion.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:11

If they want it done well, just put an ad up here. A lot of ppl would do it for free to be part of this game I feel.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:55

It isn't an X game if it didn't have quirky voice acting. I think it adds character :) I'd rather egosoft spend their money on developing all these cool new gameplay features they are working on.

calmterror
x3tc

Post by calmterror » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 20:56

some of the voice acting in those clips are better then most of the voice acting in x3-tc. it gets OLD and annoying. and if everything we have to do is not tied to putting up with npc's and their BAD voice acting the game is going to suck and get boring and annoying. they only had about 50 spoken lines and they all sounded the same and everyone looks the same. there was what 10 pirate/yaki faces, about 5 boron, paraniad, teladi, and split. but like 10 terran and 10 argon. it is horrible I am dreading the FORCED NPC interactions.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 21:03

calmterror wrote:some of the voice acting in those clips are better then most of the voice acting in x3-tc. it gets OLD and annoying. and if everything we have to do is not tied to putting up with npc's and their BAD voice acting the game is going to suck and get boring and annoying. they only had about 50 spoken lines and they all sounded the same and everyone looks the same. there was what 10 pirate/yaki faces, about 5 boron, paraniad, teladi, and split. but like 10 terran and 10 argon. it is horrible I am dreading the FORCED NPC interactions.
I'm pretty sure you want 40TB of audio files in your game just because you don't want to hear the same things over and over again.

TC is an open ended game ...it has no end .You don't expect to find unlimited types of dialogs in a 8Gb game.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 21:25

Since we have lots of drones now, how about an R2-style communications?

Bleep-bleep-bluuurb-bleep-bleep
wwwrrroooooooooooooooowwwww (long kind of whistle)

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 22:44

AdrianM wrote:
I'm pretty sure you want 40TB of audio files in your game just because you don't want to hear the same things over and over again.

TC is an open ended game ...it has no end .You don't expect to find unlimited types of dialogs in a 8Gb game.
Mass Effect was I think 13GB in all and that has tons and tons of dialogue. Now I know Egosoft doesn't have Bioware's budget... but I think the voice acting situation in TC is bad simply because it wasn't a huge priority. It had better be this time around...

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 22:48

imperium3 wrote:Mass Effect was I think 13GB in all and that has tons and tons of dialogue. Now I know Egosoft doesn't have Bioware's budget... but I think the voice acting situation in TC is bad simply because it wasn't a huge priority. It had better be this time around...
I prefer gameplay ,cool things in my game ,optimized game than voices which will get old after 20-30 hours .

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 22:48

Well I am more worried about having to "tweek" my comp just to get audio to work, all three of last X games had me fdshow hunting and what else I cant remember jsut to get audio
Also I hope we get more info on systen sector mucic/mp3 control.I made my own background chatter previously but since a lot of sectors shared the same mp3 it didnt work all that well

dragonfordge
x3ap

Post by dragonfordge » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 02:45

im sure that with all the modders someone can come up with a conversation mod. as stated there would be lots of people wanting to help! post a script,and see how many you get. :lol:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”