When X-R will be released?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 12:23

Dear Egosoft: Please don't release Rebirth before April 2012. Reason being that I'd quite like to pass my degree first.

Now I'd better go before I'm lynched by a band of angry forumites...

Harag
x4

Post by Harag » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 12:49

Please release it when you're ready and it's been tested. NO RUSH! Anyway I have skyrim coming in november so will be busy with that for a while before moving over to Rebirth.

Tat0
x3tc

Post by Tat0 » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 15:03

21/11/12

EliteM3
x3tc

Post by EliteM3 » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 15:17

Maybe Egosoft can release demo of X rebirth before the totaly game is released ^^

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 19:54

I was browsing the Futuristic Combat Sim section on Gamespot, and i see "Q4 2011". More rumor for the rumor mill!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/x-rebirth/index.html

Sanjor
x4

Post by Sanjor » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 20:10

This rumor mill could be milling more rumors!

http://www.gamestop.ie/41617_PC_X_Rebirth.aspx
16/12/2011
8)

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 20:17

Sanjor wrote:This rumor mill could be milling more rumors!

16/12/2011
8)
GFWL :roll:

xenoncore123
x4

release

Post by xenoncore123 » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 20:19

It would have to be q4 2011 they would have to put an apology out for unsure information.

euskai
x3tc

Post by euskai » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 20:35

Sanjor wrote:This rumor mill could be milling more rumors!

16/12/2011
8)
20 € ? Are you serious? I think I paid more for TC, and it had been released for like 1-2 years

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 20:44

euskai wrote:20 € ? Are you serious? I think I paid more for TC, and it had been released for like 1-2 years
2008 and from what I know the game was @30€ when it first came out.

Kar
x3tc

Post by Kar » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 22:54

Dont set dates.

The worse case anyone can do to a game is set a release date. The more the game gets close to the release date, the more bugs get in and more features get out.

I have been a X fan for many years since I found out XBTF. So please Egosoft, do not disappoint me.

Let the game came out when it is ready. I can wait... ;)
Kar

"Do, or do not! There is no try."
- Yoda, Jedi Master

My passions online | Best Space Games

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:33

Kar wrote:Dont set dates.

The worse case anyone can do to a game is set a release date. The more the game gets close to the release date, the more bugs get in and more features get out.

I have been a X fan for many years since I found out XBTF. So please Egosoft, do not disappoint me.

Let the game came out when it is ready. I can wait... ;)
Alas, that's not the way game publishing works. Games companies cost money to run. The debt accrued during development takes money to service! So you can't allow a gap between completion of a game and the start of it earning money, or you're in the brown stuff.

The problem is, that publishers like Deep Silver have to book shelf-space in shops. They have to book time in the DVD pressing plants and box filling plants. They have to get box covers printed. And all this has to be done MONTHS in advance! If a game' release was suspended until it was ready then there could be a six months gap before it finally hit the shelf, and that is a seriously long time to be paying the interest on t6he cost of game development.

So, the developers and publishers have to play a guessing game: "when is the game likely to be ready?" If the answer is "years away" then the developer brings out a couple of sequels of its previous game to tide things over. If it's less than a year away then they have to set a date, and the publisher gets things in motion ready for that date. The developer does its best to meet that date. If they guessed right then the game is reasonably bug-free and complete on release, and there is no cash-wasting gap between completion and sales.

If the game overruns BADLY then the distributor has to forfeit their booking fees on the shop shelves, DVD pressing plant runs and box-filling runs. They will allso likely end up with a warehouse-corner of DVD covers which have cost them cash and are sitting costing them storage. they and the developer owe money, and aren't getting a return. Then the developer has to RE-book the DVD plant and so on - and may have to pay MORE up front because they had to cancel the earlier contracts. nd finally, we have to wait evenlonger, because those bookings will be so far ahead that the finished game sits around for months waiting for a DVD plant to press it.

Or the game has to come out buggy. WE pay the price of that, but at least with Ego we do get a debugged version, sooner than if Ego had held off until the game was workable, because we don't then have to wait for a DVD plant to make time to press it.

If the game finishes too soon then that is an embarrassment, but it is survivable, though everybody would be financially better off if they had set everything up so the game came out when it completed, rather than debts hanging around eating interest. At least nobody is paying anything they didn't expect, and the developer can start work on the next game early. But I don't think that has ever happened!
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

icer
x3tc

Post by icer » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 00:16

DannyD wrote:we could made a sort of contest for release date :lol:
theres a great idea, whoever gets the release date right can get a free copy?

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 06:36

softweir wrote:
Kar wrote:Dont set dates.

The problem is, that publishers like Deep Silver have to book shelf-space in shops. They have to book time in the DVD pressing plants and box filling plants. They have to get box covers printed. And all this has to be done MONTHS in advance! If a game' release was suspended until it was ready then there could be a six months gap before it finally hit the shelf, and that is a seriously long time to be paying the interest on t6he cost of game development.
!
Two words: Digital distribution.

Not that boxed games on PC are totally gone, but they are in a great decline as the digital distribution IE steam/origin/impulse wave takes over thanks to faster connections and maximum consumer laziness. I mean, who DOESNT LOVE steam sales.. and tbh I for one cant stand dealing with the clowns who run game-stop. Why drive to a store when I can buy from the internet.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 07:19

The fact this forum is in existence means they're getting close to release. How close is another matter, but I'm hopeful for a Q4-11 or Q1-12 release.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 07:22

Digital release only would be awful. Hard copy is the right answer here. As for release ego/silver are not going up directly against say a blizzard staple release. Best bet is quarter two of 2012. Even then hope it is not a rushed product. Seems they have placed most of there eggs in this basket.
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 07:38

Naroku wrote:Digital release only would be awful. Hard copy is the right answer here.
Well you know what they say about opinions. I for one have no interest in a hard copy release. So digital release only is the right answer here.
Naroku wrote:Seems they have placed most of there eggs in this basket.
Hopefully they have placed all their eggs in this basket. Rebirth is the only title Egosoft are developing, so any eggs left over are just wasted!
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Gman12

Post by Gman12 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 07:49

According to this -> http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/info_en.php

"X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in the fourth quarter of 2011."

Or you could believe this -> http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=306346

"All we can say at this point is that it will be in 2012. Stay tuned for more precise information."

:lol: I think they do this on purpose.

grbaker
x4

Post by grbaker » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 09:10

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
Two words: Digital distribution.

Two Words: Steam Sucks. :P

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”