How about making the Xenon a playable faction and adding completely new baddies?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Boringnick
x3tc

How about making the Xenon a playable faction and adding completely new baddies?

Post by Boringnick » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:42

THIS POST CONTAINS TONS OF SPOILERS!

OK, we learn in in TC that the scientist Martin Winters was behind the recent troubles with the Terraformers. That opens up great possibilities:

Make the Xenon a playable faction! Everything about them is known by this point. They aren't the mysterious enemies anymore and it's time to spice this race up. How this is gonna work: It turns out Martin Winters was behind the very first terraformer uprising. He was the one who caused them to go mad in the first place. By the time of Rebirth, they are finally able to shackle off the Winters-programming and want to join the community.

Winters was actually an agent of the very first gate builders. When they have noticed that the Terrans connected to their old gate system, they planted their agent, Winters, so that he could sabotage the human effort to conquer the gates.

These guys should be the new bad guys. They appear just when the gate in Aldrin got reactivated and make the life of everyone miserable since then. Fighting the guys who are responsible for space travel in the X universe would be also somewhat ironic and would give the whole game a more mature feel.

Make them evil shapeshifters, that would explain Winter's human appearance. (Yeah, "evil shapeshifters" are a rip off, but the Teladi and the Xenon aren't exactly innovative either).

Syock

Post by Syock » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:49

That wouldn't really fit any kind of roleplay, but they could do it.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:50

While I would like to play as the Xenon, going against a race that was so advanced as to make the gates before any of the other races were even walking would be seriously impossible. I mean imagine the technology they could have created by now!
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 16:58

InFlamesForEver wrote:While I would like to play as the Xenon, going against a race that was so advanced as to make the gates before any of the other races were even walking would be seriously impossible. I mean imagine the technology they could have created by now!
Easy - they were at war with the Kha'ak for a long time. This seriously decimated their numbers, so they can't start a full force attack against the combined mass of the X-universe races and have to be sneaky at first. Also, with the Xenon and their planet destroyers on the side of the "good guys" the playing field is evened up a bit.

That would also explain the UFOs in the X games and why the Kha'ak are pissed. The UFOs are the scout ships of the gate builders who are assessing the chances of an attack, and the Kha'ak want to decimate every species which uses those gates. In their mind: gate users = evil aggressors. The destruction of the Kha'ak homeworld was a result of the war. The actions of the Paranid in Reunion reaffirmed that conclusion in their mind even more.
Last edited by Boringnick on Sat, 1. Oct 11, 17:26, edited 3 times in total.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 17:09

Boringnick wrote:
InFlamesForEver wrote:While I would like to play as the Xenon, going against a race that was so advanced as to make the gates before any of the other races were even walking would be seriously impossible. I mean imagine the technology they could have created by now!
Easy - they were at war with the Kha'ak for a long time. This seriously decimated their numbers, so they can't start a full force attack against the combined mass of the X-universe races and have to be sneaky at first. Also, with the Xenon and their planet destroyers on the side of the "good guys" the playing field is evened up a bit.

That would also explain the UFOs in the X games and why the Kha'ak are pissed. The UFOs are the scout ships of the gate builders who are assessing the chances of an attack, and the Kha'ak want to decimate every species which uses those gates. In their mind: gate users = evil aggressors.
That would require a lot of explanation to new players tho.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...

Syock

Post by Syock » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 17:15

New players are more likely to just accept the reality of the game they are given, rather than try to pick holes in the story of what happened in games they never played.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 17:18

Syock wrote:New players are more likely to just accept the reality of the game they are given, rather than try to pick holes in the story of what happened in games they never played.
Meh I was new with X3 and I didn't just accept it, I had to do a lot of research on the storyline, but then again I am storyline obsessed lol
In Flames We Trust

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 17:37

I take it you havent read through the X-encyclopedia then, the gate builders are millions of years advanced beyond the races that live in the x-universe, they no longer have coporeal bodies, and the one race that acts as their caretakers are also so far advanced that feasibly there would be no way of properly challenging them.

http://www.egosoft.com/download/superbox/bonus_en.php

Link to where you can find the encyclopedia.

LEgionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 18:04

Legionnaire wrote:I take it you havent read through the X-encyclopedia then, the gate builders are millions of years advanced beyond the races that live in the x-universe, they no longer have coporeal bodies, and the one race that acts as their caretakers are also so far advanced that feasibly there would be no way of properly challenging them.
Indeed, haven't read.

Ho hum. The dreaded "went to godhood" strikes again heh? Too bad. I hope they weren't human looking at least!

By the way, who else thought in X-BTF that the "ancient race who built all the gates" were the humans from Earth?

But anway, Xenon could be stil playable though. Less epic story: Martin Winters was wronged very bad in his life just prior the terraformer project and developed a misanthropic mindset. That's why he has manipulated the Xenon programming to attack the human colonies.

The rest is the same, the new baddies could be some new political faction in the X universe.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 21:10

I think it's ok to keep Xenon as the enemy (as long as I can board them!!), and it seems that a lot of the new drone technology may actually be Xenon based (just guessing, but very advanced drones scream Xenon to me). So our mothership may be a Xenon/other-races tech hybrid?

Just grasping at straws :P

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 10:36

it seems that a lot of the new drone technology may actually be Xenon based
Funny how I thought the same when I saw the pics and vids :!:

In my last story ,based on the life of Norman's son, I brought in those of the Ancients who did not ascend.
There are not many of them left and have sought a planet to colonize.
It just so happened that when they found a suitable planet, Norman's son had already taken the sector.

However ,they formed a symbiotic relationship.The Ancient One offered their abilities to assist in securing the sector as a new Race sector,while in return they had full protection,placing the Ringed planet in Twisted Skies as off limits to visitors.

In my current game I am working on a similar idea to the OP.
I have a shipyard that will supply me ,at a cost , the standard ships of the Xenon.I have not examined what comes with each ship,yet.

I have isolated the Xenon sectors.
The only way Xenon will interface with the game is by direct use of jumpdrive,(if they have mastered it).The UK sector that would have been isolated near Getsu Fune is now gate-linked to Ghinn's Escape.

I also have a Shipyard supplying Goner ships too.

These two shipyards are owned by a "Friendly Race" and placed in my ANH sector.

I am still working on a background story to this.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”