No
16%

Total votes: 58

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 23:57

heratik wrote:
Chris0132 wrote:
Although I kinda feel as though grinding experience for people is one of the things that meant I never used marines in TC, it's just tedious honestly.
Yes it is tedious, but it reflects the rewards that are to be gained. A group of fully trained marines is one of the most powerful tools you can acquire in TC...
The most powerful however is a well stocked M7M, which you need in order to use marines effectively.

So they don't really reward you in any way other than a few prestige xenon ships, which are good ships, but certainly not useful when compared to the kind of fleet you can field by the time you get them.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 01:20

Chris0132 wrote: So they don't really reward you in any way other than a few prestige xenon ships, which are good ships, but certainly not useful when compared to the kind of fleet you can field by the time you get them.
Let me see:

"Oh the Pirates and Yaki hate me, but I loves me some IBL, without them nearly all of my lovely M7s are pretty much redundant. Marines! Lets go capping!". I have over 200 IBL from boarding operations without having to make my game completely sterile by befriending Yaki and/or Pirates.

Those pesky Xenon are killing all my Trade ships, Time to block their gates, Oh no, only 2 ships (Osaka, Tyr) are capable of withstanding a full Q OOS barrage, one of them is not purchasable and the other costs 74 million WITHOUT any of its incredibly hard to come by weapons, and I need dozens of the buggers. I know, "Marines! Lets go capping" and we'll probably get all the weapons we need in the process too.

Oh no, I am rubbish at building complexes and I can't be bothered running around buying hundreds of traders, how can I make insane amounts of money? I know! I'll just cap 15-20 M2s and I am a billionaire!

So, like I said, Marines come with great rewards... :D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”