Will XR have a Cheat Pack released with the game ?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 08:42

Title says it all. One of the best things about TC was that the cheat pack was redone/upgraded and available with the game release.

I seriously hope that at least this is being provided with the game, even if modding tools are not.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 11:37

Hi,

I suspect not, however I think one of the first mods/scripts/plugins, whatever we'll be calling them this time, will offer us the ability to cheat.

I assume that the new scripting engine (which isn't simply just the MD stuff - Bernd did clarify this in another thread) will have the familiar "Add Cash", "spawn ship" etc. abilities...we just have to learn them.

I understand that there won't be any tools for modding specifically released with XR, though I hope they follow soon, however I'd hope the XR Mods and Scripts sub-forum will be available with a couple of stickies containing a basic guide at launch. If I were Egosoft I'd be looking at getting some of the more prominent figures on the TC Mod/Scripting forum onboard earlier...a handful of scripts/mods/cheats available day one, if only as examples for others to base their own work, would be great. Of course the down-side is that it'd make initial bug-tracking a little trickier if people were already "modified" - still, you mod you take your chance.

Ideally I think many would like such detailed information released as soon as possible, along with some example scripts doing simple things so we can get a head-start.

I'm not one for cheating as such, but with every X game where I've been able to I've usually done my own small mods for bullet speed and the like to make combat more interesting. A big frustration for me would be for there to be a "flaw" (In my view) that I should easily be able to fix via a mod or simple script but I don't know what I'm doing yet.

I still play TC today because of the mods and scripts available, XRM, MARS, MBRR and a handful of others being my current ones. The excellent XTC (though re-balanced by me to play how *I* want) being another that's kept me playing over the years.

Being able to make the game closer to our vision of how things should be has been one of the strengths of the X series. I wonder if the "can only pilot one ship" mechanic is a true engine restriction or just that the developers didn't want to put time into making nearly every ship work like the one player ship. If the engine is capable of letting us fly everything, but Egosoft chose to concentrate on ONE ship at this time then that's fine. My hope is that the modding community will be able to add in features such as the ability to properly pilot other ships...it really depends on how much is engine restricted and how much is content (dev time/vision) restricted.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 14:48

Seriously? Your asking if it comes with cheats :? i can understand a while after because using the TC cheats was fun for setting up epic space battles that would otherwise take a lifetime.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 14:55

Seriously.

I expect to need them about day 3, without which the game will land in the bin. :)

Seriously seriously, yes. 8)

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 15:08

I thought I was nervous about Rebirth!

I have respect for you apricotslice cos I have read some of what you have done. :)

However, I do not really get where you are coming from. Three days at best? Is that for real? Are you really that inflexible, unadaptable? Sheesh, I think you are on a totaly different planet to me geezer! I thought I was a pessamist, until I read some of your posts here! :P

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 15:20

X2, I only finished the plot with the walkthrough, and the last mission took me a dozen attempts.

X3, I abandoned the plot after about 5 missions. And as I said, actually binned the game because it was too hard and no matter what I did, I kept getting killed and couldnt make any credits. That was late on day 2.

TC, I installed a complete set of mods and scripts before I even began playing it, and only did the plots with "decent" (my own) ships. I've never played it 'vanilla'.

Sins of a solar empire lasted less than 2 days in vanilla, before I started extensively modding it. But I didnt come across it until it was long out, so the modding tools were available.

Honestly, I dont expect to last longer than 2 days with XR before I hit a mission I cant do, or some gamebreaker situation emerges, or I get so frustrated with something I cant be bothered trying again. I passionately hate getting killed all the time. If the game is doing that to me, then its too hard.

Pessimistic perhaps, but the track record of recent games support it. The crunch time is after 2 full days playing it, and about 2 restarts. If I'm still playing it at 4 days in its vanilla state, then its unexpected, and indicative of a superior game. But egosoft dont have the track record for me to expect that.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 15:24

i think its going to take longer for mods to start coming on in Rebirth.

scripts and mods for X2 were very slow to come out at the start.
it took about week before anything came out for X3R, and the first few were just X2 imports.

TC was abit different, as by then there was already a large modding community and it wasn't all that much different from preivous games, so modders could start straight away

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 17:37

I must admit, I was planning to, er... zerg rush? a cheat script out before ^ Cyrow did, you know, for fame and riches? ;)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 17:54

Oh, you are so very welcome to that honour!

It entails teaching normal players how to install scripts/mods without any tutorials to fall back on. A complete vacuum.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 17:56

I can't wait!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 18:16

Well I must be a normal player, cos to be honest you seem to be on a different world to me! :P

You guys must be either very inteligent, slightly warped or a bit of each! :P

( Sorry but I had to say it! )

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 18:41

I don't use cheats, don't worry. :P
______
______

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 12:09

EmperorJon wrote:I must admit, I was planning to, er... zerg rush? a cheat script out before ^ Cyrow did, you know, for fame and riches? ;)
you're welcome to, ill most likly be playing the game for abit before looking at modding :P

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 12:45

greypanther wrote:You guys must be either very inteligent, slightly warped or a bit of each! :P
We are the normal people
[ external image ]
:lol:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 20:10

Gazz wrote:Oh, you are so very welcome to that honour!

It entails teaching normal players how to install scripts/mods without any tutorials to fall back on. A complete vacuum.
Indeed, I still remember the cheshire cat smile i had when i saw cycrow had done the cheat pack for tc after the spoonfeeding i had to do with reunion and x2
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 20:12

Yeah, you've prodded me enough... :p
______
______

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”