Unbiased Poll about The Pride of Albion vs multiple ships - Part II

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

What would you prefer?

I like the idea to fly only one kind of ship and be able to upgrade it.
38%
I like to be able to buy and fly any ships like the old days
62%

Total votes: 1452

xelalex24
x3tc

Unbiased Poll about The Pride of Albion vs multiple ships - Part II

Post by xelalex24 » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 18:15

I wanted to create a poll a bit less bias than a previous one.

I'm personally disappointed about this option. It has basically ruined one of the key things I like about this game. The idea of flying new ships, and choosing what ship to fly based on what I was doing was awesome. What they should have done is allow you to start with the pride of Albion but eventually upgrade to bigger and better ships so that you would continue on with your crew, but better ship. In the meantime, your main ship would have the ability to transport other ships that you could always go and take them for a spin.

Thus, making that ship your "home ship" with crew and all, but at the same time gave you the ability to have full access to all of the ships.

{Before the thread becomes too large to effectively manage, I've split the old posts out. Feel free to continue the discussion and voting in the poll, if you wish. Here is the old part I of the thread:

Unbiased Poll about The Pride of Albion vs multiple ships - Part 1 - Nanook}

Inverness
x4

Post by Inverness » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 14:08

Slashman wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:On that leak video Albion Skunk have only 3 rooms.... Cockpit, small storage room + door and another small room with desk and flower :roll: I thought ship would look in size like Normandy from Mass Effect.... And they wore talking about crew in your ship.... Where is that crew going to be ? I hope they do something about it because Skunk is going to be more disappointing than i already thought :roll:
My thoughts exactly. I was waiting to be blown away by all the different areas and crew members in the ship. But if they took 7 years to make that...and the laughable model and animations for the co-pilot, I'd have task if they really put much effort into the Skunk at all.
Do you really think everything would have been revealed by now? They just announced the game. Have some patience.
tindebroed wrote:If there is only one ship to fly, X3:AP will do fine for me. I don't need nor want "Mass Effect Spaceship Edition".

That being said, I'm sure it will be a fine game for its type.
You're only hurting yourself by making unfounded assumptions. The fact you would compare it to Mass Effect is evidence of this.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 15:33

Nikola515 wrote: I was thinking that ships interior is not finished.... But it's small size from outside makes it look like M8 not M6... Who know they might have space compression technology where ship from outside is small and inside big :D Just like in Star Trek Enterprise and that ship from future :wink:
The Tardis?

Yup. In the Controls video I see Bernd launcing spiralling missles (in X3 those missles are found only on very Large ships), so going by that Its a ship that can do everything?, From the leaked footage the ship was only a cockpit and a hangar, who knows what's in the middle, if anything. We were told we can hire crew for the Albion or hire staff for our stations, but where would they stay, where would they sleep?

What im thinking:
- Its a small ship.
- The NPC cargo is not shown in the ship (not that you could see them in X3 either)
- Its a jack of all trades type of ship that can do everything.
- maybe the ablion attaches to our larger ships when we dock (Comand module in Disctrict 9)
- When docked we cant actualy go inside our larger ships, just walk around in our docked ship
- This is not a X game
- They have limited us for story reasons. (invisble walls)
- We are not able to free play untill the main story is over.
- The Skank will have many features and flaws we will not like.
- The more I hear and see about the game the more disapointed I am.
- My Freind says: A game that needs mods to make it fun is not a fun game.
- When people say "it looks cartoony" they are talking about the fruity colours, and bright blues, greens, reds, and yellows, which compared to X3 will look unrealistic.
- they are trying to take the game in another direction.

There are many things I can say I dont like about XR Allready but only one thing I can say about X3 and that is it was too damn slow, now without SETA its going to be even worse. (SETA will have to be modded in).

Look I understand that they are trying to go in a different direction with teh new X games, and make them more apealing for more players, or easier to get into, but I think changing the game this much is going to ruin it for the fanbase who loves X3 for what it is.

Its not too late for them to fix things, theres still 2 months left, and with a little hard work they can make it a better game.

1. Let us out of that horrible damn Skank.
2. Change the color pallet to something a little more realistic.
3. Update the shaders (Skyrim and Crysis are 2 look great and they use Dx9)
4. Freeeeeeedooooom!
5. For a x64 you can at least increase the detail on NPCs with 8GB ram.
6. Listen to your fanbase. Skyrim turned out great because Bethesda listened to us and added and changed many of the features we wanted.

There are reasons why I wont play Darkstar One, or Evocron Mercenary.

These are things that can easily be fixed by a modder within a week, so why cant you?

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 15:35

As a member of the fanbase I encourage egosoft to keep things as they are and use the next two months to fix bugs.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 15:42

Same as Chris.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

ravisoul
x4

Post by ravisoul » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 15:59

Same here, i think it does not really matter for now even if you make a good point there is no going back now! :D

maybe (as ego said before) after the 1st version a update or v1.2 makes some changes
but we don’t even know how it will work on release because we just don’t have the info yet,
if I am able to get out of my ship onto a other (larger) ship and command it from the bridge... AWSOME!!

i don’t care being stuck in 1 ship as long as i can upgrade it and get out of it once in a while 8)

Imari
x4

Post by Imari » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 16:00

I was disappointed at first when X Rebirth only allows piloting of a single ship.

But after much thought, i realize in my X games, i usually end up piloting that particular M6 or M7 every single playthrough so im somewhat ok with this decision.

I understand that piloting different ships lets us players have a better feel of progression. I was kinda expecting maybe midway through development they might allow piloting of a select few ship classes at least.

Right now, its like you got the cash to buy a spanking new dream racer car but can never sit in the driver's seat. Being in the passenger seat and the driver seat are 2 totally different worlds.

I hope the customization to the Albion Skunk makes up for the inability to pilot other ships.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 16:01

Multiple ships would be a nice idea for the next X game but I don't think it will significantly detract from X:R not to have them. X is far more than what nose I have sticking out from under my camera.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 17:04

I freakin loved my Blastclaw Prototype.
http://i.imgur.com/dzbA3Nu.png

Awsome ship. Looks cool too.

I want another 1.

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 17:34

I'm starting to wish that EgoSoft never announced that release date...

I don't get it, what you all guys are trying to tell? That you want many ships back? We got it, thanks. I think EgoSoft never ever dreamed to stick with one-ship-for-all forever. But many ships are not going to happen on release, that's obvious. So, why all this?

You want to expel your disappointment that EgoSoft spent their time making new fundamental mechanics like walking on stations instead of reiterating already existed and well-grounded old mechanics, or what?

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 17:59

Calm down night lord, this thread has been active for years. As soon as we got even the slightest hint that we would be confined to one ship people have been complaining about it. Its not new and Egosoft have known for a long time that we dont want it that way.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:07

We want it that way just fine.

That is to say the nonspecific, arbitrarily exclusive collective I choose to include with myself in order to permit the usage of the plural 'we' rather than the singular 'I' thus lending an air or credibility to my assertions.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:09

Then "I" = 62%

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:13

Chris0132 wrote:We want it that way just fine.

That is to say the nonspecific, arbitrarily exclusive collective I choose to include with myself in order to permit the usage of the plural 'we' rather than the singular 'I' thus lending an air or credibility to my assertions.
Funny you should post that on a poll with very clear numbers right up the top of the page there.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:14

DaMuncha wrote:Then "I" = 62%
No, you = you, 62% equals the number of people who voted for that option on the poll.

Chances are they probably don't share your opinion in any great detail, your opinon cannot, I assume, be entirely quantified as 'I like to be able to buy and fly any ships like the old days'

You have other things in there as well, yes? 'It is/isn't a deal breaker for me with regards to buying the game' 'the game is/isn't likely to still be fun without that' 'I am fine/not fine with the idea of one ship but do/don't approve of its specific implementation in this game.'

That's the thing, there aren't 808 people all standing behind you supporting your argument, there are 808 people who, we can assume based off their poll results, would like more ships in the game.

That's it, that's all you can say with any degree of certainty. Will they still buy the game? Will they enjoy it? Do they value other things beyond ships? Who on earth knows?

Technically speaking I could honestly vote either option on the poll depending on how I interpret the question. As I recall I interpreted it as 'do I think 1 ship is an acceptable compromise for this specific game' so I voted yes.

But would I like more ships in the game? Sure, why not, as long as they're all fleshed out well and look different and play different and have all the things the skunk is advertised as having. I'm completely down with more ships.

Do I think that's likely to happen and thus is worth asking for? No. Can you tell any of that based on my vote on the poll? If you can I would like to know how.
Last edited by Chris0132 on Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:16

So you haven't actually read the very first post in this thread then?

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:19

DaMuncha wrote:So you haven't actually read the very first post in this thread then?
You will have to explain the relevance.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:19

No point. Goodnight.

BarrenEarth
x3

Post by BarrenEarth » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:29

DaMuncha wrote:No point. Goodnight.
See, trolls come in all forms, some are like me, pessimistic hater trolls.

Some are like Chris, fanboy rose glasses trolls.

Because Egosoft made the decision, Chris is going to ignore any statistical data that says they made the wrong decision and post as if he is the god given messenger of all things supportive of Egosoft.

Clearly he doesn't care that 62% of the people polled think he is wrong, and by inference thinks Egosoft is wrong, he is going to sink with the ship just to troll in the name of fanboyism.

That being said, I think the single greatest reason not to buy this game is the plain fact that we are confined to a single ship and will have to micromanage drones just to pretend to be in another ship... all the while wondering what we are to do with the hunk of metal we are actually still in.
X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in Soon™

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:33

Did.. did you read what I wrote?

Or is there like some weird Google translate thing that makes my posts say different things to other people than they do to me?

62% of people don't universally disagree with me because 62% of people, and the other 38% of people probably don't universally disagree with anybody exactly, the world is not the plucky 38% rebel alliance who vote for one ship on this one question poll versus the great 62% hegemony who voted for multiple.

Christ if it was that simple there wouldn't be a however many page thread we have of people arguing about it. It's silly to project your entire mindset regarding the game onto someone because they voted on a poll about aspect of one component of the game.

It's like if I ask if you prefer fruit salad or prawn cocktail as a starter, and if you agree or disagree I then decide your entire culinary preference to be either completely aligned or completely opposed to my own.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”