Ask Bernd *One* Question - The New Thread (See all 3 Sets of Q & A's)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 19:08

Is this still going?

If so, here's my questions. Please answer seriously.

Will there be any hot alien anthropomorphic females?

I ask because X3 AP blew up the single hot character in the game in the intro, making it a bore to interact with the less hot "females". I say females, because I can't really tell the difference.

A good example follows below:

Boron today:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/budgetar ... pets-b.gif

Boron tomorrow?
http://social.bioware.com/uploads_user/ ... 199067.jpg

While todays boron does win in personality and highpitched whining , the more streamlined boron allows for eyecandy and other stuff which I need when managing my giant spaceempire.

So yeah.

Hot aliens.

Or at least, can you make a DLC?

Sorta like a X Rebirth: Dead or Alive in space, since I want to see what how zero gravity works on stuff.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 19:39

theeclownbroze wrote:^yes yes i know about x2 how you could go to another planet or actually go close to it, in 2006 i did this in sector home of light and went near the blown up asteroid or planet and died, in argon prime i went all the way around argon prime planet and crashed into the atmosphere on the other side!
I was able to survive the atmosphere in overtuned Valhalla in TC, did you know that the planets are physical? When you get close you will crash like if it was normal object. Unfortunately my Valhalla exploded, since I crashed the planet with only about 5% hull left.

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 21:07

i didn't know in TC planets were really there?, i thought they were baked into the background shader wtf?, what planet did you crash into then?, because i try'd doing that and no matter how far i went the planet was still looking like it was the same distance..

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 21:30

It´s easy, get a Kestrel or Jaguar Raider and fly to a sector that is very close to a planet, example Family Pride or Kingdom´s end. Then just fly in front of the planet and use SETA. Or even better, try flying around the planet, atmosphere is quite huge and you might die before spotting the difference! I might upload a video on youtube, maybe flying around the Moon? :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 23:56

If you want to have an 'atmospheric experience', simply jump to Split Fire and fly a few km behind one of the gates. You're that close to the planet in that sector. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 12:58

What stops the gates from being affected by the planets gravity and falling to thier doom?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 13:02

DaMuncha wrote:What stops the gates from being affected by the planets gravity and falling to thier doom?
Magnets

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 13:13

The same way the ISS stays up, it orbits.

genarus
x3tc

Ship Scripting/commands question

Post by genarus » Wed, 1. May 13, 12:05

I have a question about trade ship commands and there scripting.

The question is as follows. Will ships not go to a stations already set as a destination by another one of your trade ships and pick a different station instead. I ask this because currently the ships in X3AP like to all go to simular destinations.

I.E. I have lets say 20 OTAS Super Freighter XL's selling energy from a 4x Solar power plant XL and 7 of them try to sell at a PPC forge and only 1 sells its goods while the rest decide to go back to the station rather than searching for another destination.

So the issue is why do they not have a script telling them Hey another player owned ship is going to this station to sell this same item Either A look for another station that needs it as to not waste time going back to the station just to pick another sell point or B go back to the station for now because there are no buyers at the moment for that product.

Because of this most of my MASS quantity stations have had to have low price and let buyers come and buy from them and only buy the resources to make the items.

The only excptions are the weapon forges and ammo factory's because the sell points are few and the amount made is few so they can sell at the same place.

Is this going to be different in the new Rebirth and also Good job so far on the development of it. It looks promising and i like the new pathing for the ships and the unload boats for the trade ships.

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Wed, 1. May 13, 12:51

I ask another question :D :

I didn't see any announcement about a reworked economy. I'm talking about the background economy (not the new goods), in X3:R it was a bit dynamic but sometimes not very logical.

And few annoucements like (crash of the caahoona meat market, penury of photopile in Argons sector, etc) could give some life to the world and some help to the player.

Some informations ?

<Moving thread of this and previous post to 'Ask Bernd ...' Alan Phipps>

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Information on the sectors/systems available in game.

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 1. May 13, 13:42

Some questions regarding the types and depth of information available for the various locations within the game.

In previous games some information on sectors was available in game, but nothing of any great consequence.

Will there be more material available in game in Rebirth?

If so will this have greater relevance to the player?

Will this information help the player when selecting a location for their own assets?

This may have been asked before, but will there be any dynamic information available to the player?

Something akin to the bulletin board, but displaying actual events in the universe.

<Moving to 'Ask Bernd ...' Alan Phipps>
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Holzfallen
x3tc

Post by Holzfallen » Wed, 1. May 13, 15:28

In the previous x games you got trade command software mk3. Your pilot starts out rather stupid in the trade business but got better as he progressed through the ranks. How about something like this for fighting? Fight command software mk3. And the progress through ranks as well starting as privates. Can something like this be incorporated into Rebirth?

B.t.w. Thank you for the excellent series of games you have given us so far. The depth of the game is awesome.

P.s. As is the lore... :D

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 1. May 13, 15:50

I have a question.

Is it possible to command capital ships real time during battle from the observation deck, like "fire at that ship" or "retreat to that position"?
I mean, if it´s possible to command capital ships during combat, not just planning before combat.

Noahdilweed
xr

Post by Noahdilweed » Wed, 1. May 13, 16:16

Just throwing out ideas for the development videos. Ok here goes:

How are the market/ trading mechanics being improved to make that part more enjoyable? How will the sector/ zone/ cluster design affect that aspect of gameplay?

What changes (if any) have been made to the jobs system? How will the rewards for job completion work? What improvements are being made to the way racial standings affect gameplay?

How is the aggressive ai being improved for things anywhere from like large scale battles down to police patrols? What developments are being made to make the "think" part of the game incorporporate into the "fight" part?

Take what you want from these. I dont expect anything, but i do appreciate everything that you guys take the time to give. Thank you again for your hard work and dedication! :)

<Moved from New Videos thread to 'Ask Bernd ...' thread since these are all gameplay implementation questions and not 'show development progress' video topics. Alan Phipps>
Spokesman for Retarded Geniuses.
"Does he fit the description?"
"I don't know...big, bad, stupid-looking."
"An exact match."

Darrosquall
x4

Post by Darrosquall » Fri, 10. May 13, 12:22

Two questions: dogfighting and stock exchange.

I'm playing just now Strike Suit Zero and I think they build a great action space shooter.

How will the combat feel in X:Rebirth?Can we see some video about this aspect in the next weeks?

About Stock Exchange, will be there in X:Rebirth?Do you thing to change something to avoid exploit?
Last edited by Darrosquall on Fri, 10. May 13, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 10. May 13, 12:54

About Stock Exchange, will be there in X:Rebirth?
No, there won't. A quote from the Q/A session with Bernd from the last X-Universe News:
Will there be a Stock Exchange, as in Albion Prelude?
First of all, we try to reduce features that a very complicated and need a lot of menus to ones that are easy to use. During that process we deliberately omit things too.
Although I'm a big fan of the Stock Exchange in X3: Albion Prelude, there won't be something like that in X Rebirth, when it will be released. However, that doesn't mean that we might not find a solution for that later, for example in an extension. The interface would be different then, though.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

harold5187
xr

Reply to Ask Bernd

Post by harold5187 » Sat, 11. May 13, 23:59

Will you please please please include an option to play free sandbox without the campaign activated in which we can still work for and enjoy all the content through trading etc, that others that complete the campaigns may get? I've played all the games since XBTF, but the campaigns are too hard, and some players just want to trade freestyle, without the missions. This feature would be so awesome.
Create a game for money and you will fail; Create a game from your heart, and the money will follow!

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Re: Reply to Ask Bernd

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Sun, 12. May 13, 12:47

harold5187 wrote:Will you please please please include an option to play free sandbox without the campaign activated in which we can still work for and enjoy all the content through trading etc, that others that complete the campaigns may get? I've played all the games since XBTF, but the campaigns are too hard, and some players just want to trade freestyle, without the missions. This feature would be so awesome.
The idea of this opus, one of the goal, is to open the game for a larger public with a campaign and a copilote too explain the differents sides of the game. So i think that they did an interesting and not impossible or/and boring campaign.

I hope that they succeed in, because i agree with you, the campaign of X3 : Reunion was a failure. Impossible to find plot, no reminder or possibility to see what we have to do, where we have to go, and remember this information when we decide to trade a bit or chase some pirate to make some money.

Luckey5
x4

Post by Luckey5 » Mon, 13. May 13, 06:10

Hello I just wanted to ask how many systems there will be in rebirth, and will there be more or less than in x3tc?

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Mon, 13. May 13, 07:14

You should change that to how many systems in X rebirth. ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”