Rebirth release date. - Part 2

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Notchi
x3tc

Post by Notchi » Fri, 3. May 13, 11:39

GTA V, WATCH_DOGS, and arguably maybe not, but in the list I've also included saints row 4. They might not match your criteria of "big", but they are that. Large areas to explore, filled with various activities. The reason why I'm mentioning them It's because I consider them a competition to x:r, at least for casual gamers, not the die hard niche fans that play only one genre. You could use a fun per hour metric of some sorts to sort the games on a list from which games gives you most fun, to which games give you least fun. Like for an example fallout 2 > San andreas > skyrim > freelancer > Watching paint dry > X3 after wow effect.
I agree with dougeye that the gamers will buy all the games that they like, but the question is when. I do like space sims, but after a few hours they tend to slack off, actually, only x series out of all ( good )space sims manage to slack off :(.

The problem is that this few making of video really hooked me on X:R. Path finding video showed a huge improvement in environment graphics, and so on. Which of course brings us to the question of price. I've never bought X game for a full ( release date ) price, so I'm wondering are they selling 30 or 50€ titles ?.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. May 13, 11:51

DiabloTigerSix wrote:Why do people rant about developers taking their time? They should know better as we just entered a decade of broken releases, it seems.
people rant about everything

Mordin Ashe
x4

Post by Mordin Ashe » Fri, 3. May 13, 12:04

That is rather wide definition of open world games, personally I would only agree with the GTA being on that list, but well... Open world is rather difficult to describe, since it can include everything where your actions are more variable than following specified and scripted corridor. Which is what most games should do, besides that all should try at least not to look like a corridor when it is all they offer. With this in mind I would rather focus on what the game enables you to meaningfully do in the universe rather than if you can turn left on the next crossroads instead of right and find a new gun ("great new world awaiting to be explored" in marketing talk). In this regard X:R probably has no competition so don't worry, it will do just fine :-)

Notchi
x3tc

Post by Notchi » Fri, 3. May 13, 12:47

Open World => games like GTA, Watch Dogs, Saints row, skyrim, fallout, kingdoms of amalur, just cause... Games in which you can explore a world as you see fit. They tend to have all kinds of activities that you as a player can enjoy, and while they do provide you with a linear main quest they also allow you to chose when you wish to play that particular part of the game. Tend to be plot driven.

Sand Box => Games that may or may not have some form of meaningful story or quest. You could count mount & blade, carrier command, X-series, sea dogs/ pirates of the Caribbean in those. You get a box and you play in it. Tend to leave you to your play style ( also "small" budget and "small" dev team needed to create them).

That is a personal view, not a fact ^^. It's just something to differentiate those concepts.

Now I cant quite agree on " X:R probably has no competition so don't worry". Usually when some developer gives you a sandbox to play in, they try to hit a few key selling points right, and they try to mask the faults as much as possible. For an example take mount & blade. The whole selling point of that series is mounted combat, and it's extremely well done, while the sieges and interaction with the environment and npcs is not as good. Small learning curve, plus quick introduction to the main selling point. X, on another hand has lots of things to do, but getting to them can be a huge time consuming task, learning curve is higher, and a lot of things are not completely thought out ( complexes for an example). I tend to compare X with m&b because they have about the same number of developers , and they are equal in terms of complexity.

The point is that the game like X:R could fit in a GTA V as a minigame you play on their ingame console, but they will sell at around the same time, probably for the same price. Don't get me wrong, most of people participating in this forum will buy X:R day one, I'm just explaining my point of view on why the timing could possibly be a disaster. I agree that this isn't either/or scenario. Like buy GTA V or X:R, but it's definitely buy the games you have the most fun with now, and the games you don't have as much fun with, buy later ( preferably on a steam sale discount ). Not to mention elite and SC coming next year.

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Fri, 3. May 13, 16:21

You point is correct, but it is applicable to absolutely any game. Any "loud" game will suppress the sales for smaller games on the market upon it's release.

Thing is - for small games it's just irrelevant. Small games collect most of their cash during the sales, not during the first weeks after the release. Also, Egosoft has a reputation for releasing buggy and terribly underpolished games. Of course, they do promise to break this tradition with X:R, but I think most "outside" people never ever heard about that. That is - until there will be a lot of positive reviews on metacritic, there will be no big sales of X:R. And reviews take some time. Good thing is - people making reviews for GTA and people making reviews for X-series are probably different people =)

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Fri, 3. May 13, 19:41

squirrelrider wrote: Nothing
hope there will be something soon... i don't know what to tell my grandchildren when they will ask me this question.

unknown1
x4

I smell X-Universe news about Rebirth...

Post by unknown1 » Sat, 4. May 13, 19:13

I have a strong feeling that by the end of the summer, some big news about X -Rebirth will emerge.

And what better way to do it than by a X-Universe newsletter.
Who else feels like it's high time for it?

<That is a good try but your thread is just another 'fishing for info on Rebirth release' topic, so it can join the others. Alan Phipps>

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 4. May 13, 21:40

Are you slowing down, folks?

Come one, we can do it! Rebirth release date. - Part 3!!!
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Sat, 4. May 13, 22:14

Wait, what? Mod trying to provocate people for even more useless flood? You need to test new generation of banhammer or what?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 4. May 13, 22:17

Seriously? You speak of "useless" after 175 pages of the same request?

By now it counts as sport.

Edit: Woops. 176 pages.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 4. May 13, 22:21

... plus these S&M Mods have a different outlook on life. They can stir the pot in this forum and then disappear back to their own habitat having a chuckle at the chaos left behind! (just kidding) :lol:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sat, 4. May 13, 22:24

Gazz wrote:Seriously? You speak of "useless" after 175 pages of the same request?

By now it counts as sport.

Edit: Woops. 176 pages.
Yea, the mods want us to post more now, because after the game is released, everyone will be busy playing it,no more posts to moderate, leaving the moderators with no jobs

Xoliax
x3tc

Post by Xoliax » Sat, 4. May 13, 23:01

so after a LOOOOONG time i came back to see if there is any news about X rebirth.

omg seriously nothing new ?

i have a baaaaad feeling.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sat, 4. May 13, 23:09

so after a LOOOOONG time i came back to see if there is any news about X rebirth.

omg seriously nothing new ?

i have a baaaaad feeling.
Tell us the truth...Gazz gave you a fiver to post that isn't it?
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 4. May 13, 23:45

unknown1 wrote: Yea, the mods want us to post more now, because after the game is released, everyone will be busy playing it,no more posts to moderate, leaving the moderators with no jobs
You think we actually do this as a job? As in, get paid for it? Thanks for that, I needed a bit of a chuckle. :wink:

Strum1
x3tc

Soo

Post by Strum1 » Sun, 5. May 13, 00:26

Been checkign this forum for almost two years..

2013 is ALMOST half way over and with so far we have no real release information except "sometime in 2013". This pretty much means this game will NOT be released in 2013.

Fallent

Re: Soo

Post by Fallent » Sun, 5. May 13, 00:57

Strum1 wrote:Been checkign this forum for almost two years..

2013 is ALMOST half way over and with so far we have no real release information except "sometime in 2013". This pretty much means this game will NOT be released in 2013.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sun, 5. May 13, 01:47

I've been waiting for ages too!
[ external image ]

{Image tags added. - Terre}

5tr4n63r
xr

Post by 5tr4n63r » Sun, 5. May 13, 11:04

http://i.imgur.com/w56YvZF.jpg
Very funny...but yeah...is taking to long...It must be a great game...new engine and all...NOW I think am ready for this game...I got an 8 core cpu from amd(the latest- Fx8350), a motherboard to go with it(Asus Crosshair V Formula-z) and 16Gb(2x8Gb) Kingston 2133Mhz...still an old graphic card(geforce 8800 GTS 512)...
Hope the game will work on my system:)
Many forget that isn't the good they want,it is the purpose of that good.

kal431

Post by kal431 » Sun, 5. May 13, 11:29

5tr4n63r wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/w56YvZF.jpg
Very funny...but yeah...is taking to long...It must be a great game...new engine and all...NOW I think am ready for this game...I got an 8 core cpu from amd(the latest- Fx8350), a motherboard to go with it(Asus Crosshair V Formula-z) and 16Gb(2x8Gb) Kingston 2133Mhz...still an old graphic card(geforce 8800 GTS 512)...
Hope the game will work on my system:)
Hah! What a lame processor.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”