Rebirth release date. - Part 2

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 19:29

@ eladan and Resplendent Indignity: OK, you have had one dig each now. Let's call it quits and leave it there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 19:40

Resplendent Indignity wrote:I was responding to the post you quoted. The post contains a link to a website claiming that tri synergy has announced they're publishing rebirth. They haven't. Mainly I was questioning the legitimacy of the linked site.
An earlier post had a link to a site showing an unedited press email announcement from Tri Synergy, giving exactly the same information. It was confirmed by CBJ.

Resplendent Indignity

Post by Resplendent Indignity » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 03:01

eladan wrote:
Resplendent Indignity wrote:I was responding to the post you quoted. The post contains a link to a website claiming that tri synergy has announced they're publishing rebirth. They haven't. Mainly I was questioning the legitimacy of the linked site.
An earlier post had a link to a site showing an unedited press email announcement from Tri Synergy, giving exactly the same information. It was confirmed by CBJ.
Okay, thanks.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 03:31

I'm thinking after summer at least....

Remember everyone, they have a youtube channel which you can get your peek of the game at while you wait.:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xuniversechannel/videos
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 21:21

On X Rebirth main page didn't it say before that game will be released 2013 :? :? :?
It looks like now it changed to "X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in 2013."

Edit: Something smells fishy here :? :? :?

Announcement: [INDEX] X Rebirth - The big picture

Release Date

All we can say at this point is that it will be in 2013. Stay tuned for more precise information.

-Bernd
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 22:01

I'm still betting on Q2 2014.

We are halfway through 2013, and by the looks of the videos posted by Egosoft on their youtube channel, there's still work to be done.

The game needs to be properly tested before release date, there's features then there's "features". Latter is something you dont want on release date.

All speculation from my side though.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

BarrenEarth
x3

Post by BarrenEarth » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 22:42

Patholos wrote:I'm still betting on Q2 2014.

We are halfway through 2013, and by the looks of the videos posted by Egosoft on their youtube channel, there's still work to be done.

The game needs to be properly tested before release date, there's features then there's "features". Latter is something you dont want on release date.

All speculation from my side though.
Most reasonable post on this thread tbh.

There is simply no way you can wrap up the development, test, get lucky it is perfect and release a quality product in less than 6 months.

Q1 2014 optimistic, Q2 2014 most likely.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 23:10

How interesting...

You have as much chance of guessing the release date as olana sisters' divinations.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 23:19

Well CBJ said that they are still looking at a 2013 release a few posts back.Also i often wondered why Bernd never post in the forums.Come on Bernd,stop sleeping and join in the chat and give us a release date :P
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

BarrenEarth
x3

Post by BarrenEarth » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 01:38

squirrelrider wrote:How interesting...

You have as much chance of guessing the release date as olana sisters' divinations.
Except that we can see from the videos the progress being made and about where they would be in said progress...

Which people like Pathalos, Cowski, Fallent and I have been able to reasonably assume is some sort of development stage not yet to the point of testing.

Given that even a 3 month testing process would yield us a very buggy game you better pray that this game isn't in the Steam Store before December.

Billynomates
x4

Post by Billynomates » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 01:54

Well if it's not out by the time testing starts for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous then they can say goodbye to my dosh. I've no intensions of hanging round like a bad smell waiting for them to drop us a crust of information about this game. It just does not make any sense at all.

I'm appalled at how we have been treated on here in regards to information, all we get is it will be out when it's out! Probably better off being pond life as that gets to see more sunlight than these boards do.

There are plenty of other quality games about to drop out in the next two quarters and will have to fight for our hard earned money.

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 01:55

BarrenEarth wrote:
squirrelrider wrote:How interesting...

Except that we can see from the videos the progress being made and about where they would be in said progress...

Which people like Pathalos, Cowski, Fallent and I have been able to reasonably assume is some sort of development stage not yet to the point of testing.

Given that even a 3 month testing process would yield us a very buggy game you better pray that this game isn't in the Steam Store before December.
With this theory in place, I do believe about 40-50 pages back we have a moderator' permission to rant & rave all we want without being blocked, scolded, locked or "warned".

Oh, I so look forward to that day WHEN it happens. Especially when the "highly enthusiastic devotees" try to backpedal & still say how great egosoft is and will wait (again) throughout 2014.

:lol:

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 01:55

Billynomates wrote:Well if it's not out by the time testing starts for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous then they can say goodbye to my dosh. I've no intensions of hanging round like a bad smell waiting for them to drop us a crust of information about this game. It just does not make any sense at all.

I'm appalled at how we have been treated on here in regards to information, all we get is it will be out when it's out! Probably better off being pond life as that gets to see more sunlight than these boards do.

There are plenty of other quality games about to drop out in the next two quarters and will have to fight for our hard earned money.
AMEN!!!

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 02:22

Billynomates wrote:Well if it's not out by the time testing starts for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous then they can say goodbye to my dosh. I've no intensions of hanging round like a bad smell waiting for them to drop us a crust of information about this game. It just does not make any sense at all.

:thumb_up:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Sibilantae
x3tc

Post by Sibilantae » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 02:23

Cowski wrote: With this theory in place, I do believe about 40-50 pages back we have a moderator' permission to rant & rave all we want without being blocked, scolded, locked or "warned".

Oh, I so look forward to that day WHEN it happens. Especially when the "highly enthusiastic devotees" try to backpedal & still say how great egosoft is and will wait (again) throughout 2014.
:lol:
The obvious counterexample to your rant is eladan, who is very much anti-Steam, and is clearly disappointed that Egosoft will release this game on Steam alone.
(Oh no, you forgot to close the parenthesis! Someone might get in!

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 03:18

The videos are the "Making of", they are severely edited and rehearsed, and made to appease the thirst for information from the members of this forum. They have the same value, as a promotional trailer, in terms of, at what stage the development of the game is.

Egosoft have the DevNet users as testers among others, and CBJ has already stated than some parts of the game are already being tested. The Marketing campaign will be one month before game release, as stated by Egosoft employees before, that leaves 5 months still to work on the title.

Anyway the game is expected by 2013 compared to a expected November 2014 for SC according to Chris Roberts and an unknown date for Elite Dangerous.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 04:05

No offence but didn't they told us same thing last year and year before that :roll: Expected 2011 than expected 2012 and than it will be released 2013 and now expected 2013 again :roll: It is hard to believe that they are off schedule for 2 years or more..... This is getting old and nothing make sense anymore :( Anyway game is not going to be done this year and the way things are going ill be playing SC and Elite before XR :roll:

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 05:03

Nikola515 wrote:No offence but didn't they told us same thing last year and year before that :roll: Expected 2011 than expected 2012 and than it will be released 2013 and now expected 2013 again :roll: It is hard to believe that they are off schedule for 2 years or more..... This is getting old and nothing make sense anymore :( Anyway game is not going to be done this year and the way things are going ill be playing SC and Elite before XR :roll:
I'll continue to say it. Vaporware!!

And despite what we are told, fan made or not (I don't buy that story), egosoft keeps trying to appease us with yet more & more versions of Albion Prelude. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that we see ANOTHER version of that before rebirth.

Even you highly enthusiastic devotees have to admit that it is getting a bit ridiculous. I was one of those "highly enthusiastic devotees" for Duke Nukem back in the early 2000's when it was promised to us for several years. Then the company kept switching hands, names, developers and I finally gave up after about 3-4 years of utter disappointment. Much like what egosoft is doing right now to you.

I stick around to see what kind of train wreck it's going to be. It's more of a "gotta see what's going to happen" now for me more then anything anymore.
Part of me wants to be here when they change the "X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in 2013." to read either:
  • * "X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in 2014."
    or
    * "X Rebirth is on hold until further notice. Please check back to check its status."
There has to be a time in a gaming software company where they have to admit they need to let the fans know something is wrong and give them a realistic timeframe & stop stringing them along. It won't be the first time this has happened to a gaming software company, nor will it be the last.

I agree...they are wise to want to put out a superior product. I never, ever had an issue with that. My ongoing issue is the fact that they really don't care about keeping their fans in the know. But who are we? Oh...we are the ones that are buying their product if it ever comes out. We are the ones that will put money in their pockets.

But we don't deserve to know anything. Throw a couple of outdated videos at us and expect that to hold us over. That's sad if they resort to that.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 05:11

Cowski wrote: And despite what we are told, fan made or not (I don't buy that story),
Don't you think that's a little offensive to, you know, the large number of fans which put in a lot of work to create that update? Want more proof it was fanmade? I joined the team, unfortunately I didn't have enough time to contribute so I dropped out.

You see this? This is the community project forum thread. If you think THAT is some fabrication by Egosoft in order to hide the fact X:R is actually just Albion Prelude Version 159195161, then maybe you've been reading a few too many conspiracies...
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Ferîx
xr

Post by Ferîx » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 05:13

What's the matter of ranting on unreleased game? I mean, if you so disappointed about the delay than why you still here if so sure about SC and Elite? I assume you need extensive knowledge in game development to understand that something done wrong by a developer before a game even released. It took 6 years to make just a trigger-driven FPS (HL2) and on it's release it was awesome, so why we expect such an immersive game made any faster or even in the same terms? All you whining about isn't a developer's job, it's a publisher who must promote a product, shoot all this fancy vids etc. We had enough info to know that development is on its way, nothing else needed. Go get a life already, there are so many games to play and things to do.
Last edited by Ferîx on Thu, 13. Jun 13, 05:36, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”