Rebirth release date. - Part 2

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 20:57

Cabrelbeuk wrote:
ajax34i wrote:
BarrenEarth wrote:I knew eventually some of them would fall for the bait, didn't think it would be Egosoft reps themselves.

There you have it folks, that is more information than they have given up in all the last 200 pages :lol:
So you've fallen for the bait too, without anyone even prompting you. Now that you've declared that they've released more information than we could have possibly expected, they can feel justified to not release any more information for a long time.

Great job, thanks! :wink:
I agree. And i didn't learn anything new (except the existence of linolafett
:P ).
I learnt that alpha testing is going on, and baby penguins are ticklish.

Both great news!
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 21:16

Cowski wrote:With this being said....you have to understand, at least with MY logic, that since egosoft is putting their name on fan-made content, endorsing it, distributing it through their web page and by no uncertain terms, supporting it....they had a hand in making it and pushing it through their QA .... I'm just trying to plead my case as to why I reached the conclusion that egosoft had a hand in AP v3.x.
Yes of course we had a hand in it, and of course we wouldn't release fan-made material with our name on it unless we were happy with the quality of it, but our DevNet system allows us to ensure that with only minimal impact on our other development work.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 21:59

So game is in alpha stage now :? :? :? That's all I wanted to know... Ill check back in December or sometime 2014 :roll:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

avante999

Post by avante999 » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 23:27

whahha Alpha
you are joking right!?

BarrenEarth
x3

Post by BarrenEarth » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 23:49

avante999 wrote:whahha Alpha
you are joking right!?
Now confirmed...

Well PARTS of the game are in Alpha according to two egosoft employee's and two devnet members.

Which means parts might be release candidate level and parts might not even be to alpha yet.

I have done my job, I will see you all in another 6 weeks to mock your faith.

Phinixa
x4

Post by Phinixa » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 00:25

Oh my Gosh! Alpha? They could be in the beta right now^^

I can smell the release date :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 01:14

The assumptions and the logic in some of the recent posts in this thread are quite amusing. They assume that because CBJ stated that devnet testers had had access to alpha builds for several months, that they still are in the alpha stage. :P

Notice that he did not say they were still doing alpha testing, nor did he confirm or deny whether they were in beta yet, or even post-beta. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 01:14

BarrenEarth wrote:
avante999 wrote:whahha Alpha
you are joking right!?
Now confirmed...

Well PARTS of the game are in Alpha according to two egosoft employee's and two devnet members.

Which means parts might be release candidate level and parts might not even be to alpha yet.

I have done my job, I will see you all in another 6 weeks to mock your faith.
Whoa now, hold on.....

BarrenEarth...you know you & I have always seen eye to eye on this whole debacle. Part of me thinks this is a plot devised by those in the know to screw with us. I'm not suckered in that easily & would expect you not to be either. We've been going in circles with moderators, egosoft employees and "highly enthusiastic devotees" to the extent of nearly being banned from the forums. Why all of a sudden have they "weakened" and let something "slip"?

Don't take your bows just yet, BarrenEarth. It may be premature. I may be old but I'm not gullible.

And you're welcome. :D

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 01:48

Nanook wrote:The assumptions and the logic in some of the recent posts in this thread are quite amusing. They assume that because CBJ stated that devnet testers had had access to alpha builds for several months, that they still are in the alpha stage. :P

Notice that he did not say they were still doing alpha testing, nor did he confirm or deny whether they were in beta yet, or even post-beta. :wink:
Or maybe game is not even true alpha yet :roll: With their new game engine i wouldn't be surprised if they are having bunch of problems and bugs (it is experimental after all and never been used on any of games before)...And no offence but EGO have history of missing dates(or years) So I wouldn't be surprised if they miss this date/year too :roll: And I personally don't care when is game going to be out and me and many others here are getting tired of playing cat and dog with EGO :(
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 02:10

BarrenEarth wrote:
santi wrote:
BarrenEarth wrote:Except that we can see from the videos the progress being made and about where they would be in said progress...
The videos are the "Making of", they are severely edited and rehearsed, and made to appease the thirst for information from the members of this forum. They have the same value, as a promotional trailer, in terms of, at what stage the development of the game is.

Egosoft have the DevNet users as testers among others, and CBJ has already stated than some parts of the game are already being tested. The Marketing campaign will be one month before game release, as stated by Egosoft employees before, that leaves 5 months still to work on the title.

Anyway the game is expected by 2013 compared to a expected November 2014 for SC according to Chris Roberts and an unknown date for Elite Dangerous.
I am almost 100% sure there are no DevNet members here involved with testing Rebirth at the moment, I am about 99% sure they do not have alpha builds available yet for that kind of testing.

I am also 100% sure that the making of videos clearly show portions of the game being tested separated from all other portions of the game, which is a nice feature test but is far from any kind of DevNet level testing phase.

I am also 100% sure there were people telling me to shut it 6 months ago and said they would make it available Q2 2014, although I doubt there are many who would step forward and say they were wrong.

100% wrong and nice backtracking
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 02:46

Nikola515 wrote:
Nanook wrote:The assumptions and the logic in some of the recent posts in this thread are quite amusing. They assume that because CBJ stated that devnet testers had had access to alpha builds for several months, that they still are in the alpha stage. :P

Or maybe game is not even true alpha yet ...
Or maybe there is no game. :cry:

Or maybe it's going to have a surprise release tomorrow. :o

Or maybe they've scrapped the whole thing and are starting over from scratch. :twisted:

The point is, we don't have enough information to make any kind of informed assumption, so we can make any kind of uninformed assumption we want. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Yohandis Yololo Yum VII

Post by Yohandis Yololo Yum VII » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 03:10

Nanook wrote:The point is, we don't have enough information to make any kind of informed assumption, so we can make any kind of uninformed assumption we want. :P
That's the plan, hehe...

Ferîx
xr

Post by Ferîx » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 03:11

Or maybe they've scrapped the whole thing and are starting over from scratch. :twisted:

The point is, we don't have enough information to make any kind of informed assumption, so we can make any kind of uninformed assumption we want. :P
I've just downloaded a supersecret alpha from Ego server I've hacked into. It's gonna be 2D Jets And Guns-style arcade for Android and Nintendo Wii, 100% precise information, trust me.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 03:34

Nanook wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:

LOL The way EGO have been acting I would be surprised :lol: Anyway hoping for the best but expecting the worst here :roll:

wavion
x3tc

Post by wavion » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 04:45

Ferîx wrote:I've just downloaded a supersecret alpha from Ego server I've hacked into. It's gonna be 2D Jets And Guns-style arcade for Android and Nintendo Wii, 100% precise information, trust me.
I'm almost 100% sure this is accurate, and I'm about 99% sure you were seeing the Ultimate Deluxe Edition.

I'm also 100% sure it will only be in available in French, Eskimo and Wingdings.

I'm also 100% sure I'd buy it anyway.

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 04:58

Still no news hey?

How surprising.

Oh... Wait...

//edit First post on page 100! Nice. :lol:

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 05:51

Typically at this locus in time, I would inevitably release the kraken. However, circumstantial evidence seems to implicate that a growing number in the Amish community are using modern luxuries without paying any form of levy.
Furthermore, it appears that the x-rebirth release date falls on the same time space continuum that I currently occupy. Never mind, Jumping.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”