Steam Specs

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

randomuser
x4

Post by randomuser » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 13:45

ACID SCOUT wrote: I wish the game will run as great after 1000 of hours into the game as in the beginning.
yea i m wondering if the "recommended specs" are enough to do that on the highest stettings

if they arent i d like to see some "optimal" ones that we should go for :)

i had to reduce the settings in x3 after some time.... so that is kind of an important question^^

ACID SCOUT

Post by ACID SCOUT » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 17:43

Since SETA is out we might be in the clear. Running the game by this scope with such visuals at x10 could be difficult :P

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 17:56

randomuser wrote:if they arent i d like to see some "optimal" ones that we should go for :)
Well, a 5GHz CPU with 16 Real Cores, 32GB RAM and 3 NVidia GTX Titans in SLI will probably do it ;) :P :lol:
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 18:11

3 Titans!? :D
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 18:16

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
randomuser wrote:if they arent i d like to see some "optimal" ones that we should go for :)
Well, a 5GHz CPU with 16 Real Cores, 32GB RAM and 3 NVidia GTX Titans in SLI will probably do it ;) :P :lol:
that's just overkill... especialy the CPU :D

but i'll remember i said this when my 4 cores won't be enough.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 18:45

Let me just confirm, I didn't think you could get CPU's that run at 5GHz without overclocking?
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 01:09

InFlamesForEver wrote:Let me just confirm, I didn't think you could get CPU's that run at 5GHz without overclocking?
You are also unlikely to get 16 REAL Cores, 32GB RAM or 3 Titans in SLI either. It was a Joke... :roll:

Might be able to get that kind of spec in a year or so though.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 01:19

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:You are also unlikely to get 16 REAL Cores, 32GB RAM or 3 Titans in SLI either. It was a Joke... :roll:

I've seen a build with 4 SLI'd Titans in it before.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

NovaKiller
x4

Post by NovaKiller » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 01:33

InFlamesForEver wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:You are also unlikely to get 16 REAL Cores, 32GB RAM or 3 Titans in SLI either. It was a Joke... :roll:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819113320

now all you need to do is just overclock that son-of-a-b* with nice heavy water cooling, wont get 5Ghz out of that, but you could push that baby near 4Ghz easierly..

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 01:39

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Well, a 5GHz CPU with 16 Real Cores, 32GB RAM and 3 NVidia GTX Titans in SLI will probably do it ;) :P :lol:
If there are any problems with the cooling on that thing... look out China!

Gerli
x3ap

Post by Gerli » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 05:13

... Nope, can't upgrade my rig right now... too many expenses... maybe next year so... not Day One purchase for me :cry:

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 05:28

"If" I can get back to full time work I'm looking at the following:

AMD FX-8320
2x8 gig Mushkin ram

And a AM3+ motherboard for about NZ$200-230 mark.

Chuck in the HD 6850 + the HDD from the current rig, repair and re-register windows and it lives :3

(Not getting a new video card mainly due to the fact a mid range one starts at NZ$300 and only goes up.)

All up about NZ$700, and should do very nicely once the FX-8320 is OC'd ;) Though I'll probably have to grab a new PSU since I've got an old Liberty 500w. Only about 4 weeks to save up even on minimum wage

The "if" is if my depression doesn't make life interesting again, but it's going to take about 2-3 months to get back in physical shape. Plenty of jobs in Christchurch though, even for someone who hasn't been able to work fulltime for 3 years or not get in trouble due to depression symptoms getting in the way with part time work. And so has a somewhat poo recent work history.

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 08:40

Well - I just build myself a new computer a few months ago. It was not a dramatic update (recession is noticeable over here), but merely a "shift" update (my music computer running Cubase etc. "got" the somewhat older hardware, while my main computer was build new).

My main computer now has the following parts:

i5-3570 ( 4 cores at 3.4 GHz ) with Gelid Tranquillo Rev.2 cooler
2 x 4Gb-1600 (pair kit). Making 8Gb total memory.
GeForce GTX660 with 2Gb memory (MSI twin Frozr III).
1 x 1Tb and 1x 750Gb at 7200rpm hard disks
Antec One case with (replaced) silent Case fans
Cooler master Silent Pro 600W power supply.
MSI B75MA-E33 but that one will be replaced by a ASUS P8H77-V LE (because I wanted more PCI slots).

It is a real silent system. I hate noisy computers, so I am prepared to pay a little more for noise reduction (although some noise reduction does not have to be expensive - take the Gelid cooler as an example).

So - I think I can run X Rebirth at a somewhat decent speed... :wink:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 09:20

NovaKiller wrote:
InFlamesForEver wrote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819113320

now all you need to do is just overclock that son-of-a-b* with nice heavy water cooling, wont get 5Ghz out of that, but you could push that baby near 4Ghz easierly..
Unfortunately, the current AMD Opteron/FX designs are not REAL cores in the truest sense because of the way the FPU is shared between two cores. It is however closer to 16 REAL Cores than the current Intel options I have seen.

[EDIT]Originally I was going to say 10GHz 32-Core CPU, 64 GB RAM, 4 SLI Titans, but toned it down a bit :)

BTW Counter to my previous comment (brain was not in gear at the time), 32GB of RAM is currently achievable with 4 x 8GB modules.

I should have kept the 32-Core and 64GB RAM to make the joke recommendation more obvious. :P[/EDIT]

krait_daoc
x3tc

Post by krait_daoc » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 10:34

I might as well add to my e-peen and post some specs...... :p

Asus Sabertooth z87 - 4670k - Alpenfohn K2 - Corsair 16gb XMS - VTX 7970 - Arctic Cooling 7970 - DGM 27" IPS - Crucial 512gb/128gb/64gb M4 - Xigmatek Elysium - Seasonic Platinum 860 XP2

I might upgrade the GFX, if the new AMD card that's due soon is decent enough.

Oh and finally a 64bit game \o/

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 11:06

My PC won't blink an eye about running this. I would preorder now if possible.
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

Ravenhurst

Post by Ravenhurst » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 12:55

Wow - so it actually IS a pure 64-bit application??

That is amazing news! 32-bit is for a museum anyway

With hyper threading on my crazy Dual Xeons run with 16 cores - guess that should be sufficient :)

DDR3 1366
GTX 570 OC
Windows 7 64 Bit

Bring it on!
Last edited by Ravenhurst on Wed, 14. Aug 13, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

Rabiator der II.
x3ap

Post by Rabiator der II. » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 13:57

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Unfortunately, the current AMD Opteron/FX designs are not REAL cores in the truest sense because of the way the FPU is shared between two cores. It is however closer to 16 REAL Cores than the current Intel options I have seen.
Closer to 8 REAL cores for the FX, you mean?

The FX-83xx has four modules which one could count as 8 cores if one overlooks the shared FPU. Not 16 even with a lot of goodwill.

Now there are Opterons like the AMD Opteron 6380 that have eight modules. But the prices are pretty hefty. Alternate.de offers the Opteron 6380 for 1049.- Euro. Which is probably more than most X fans want to invest ;-)
Gazz in the LT forum:
In X3, piracy is not implemented at all. All the "pirates" that fly around are bands of roaming psychopaths that destroy everything they see without even trying to loot anything.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 14:17

[OT]
Rabiator der II. wrote:Now there are Opterons like the AMD Opteron 6380 that have eight modules. But the prices are pretty hefty. Alternate.de offers the Opteron 6380 for 1049.- Euro. Which is probably more than most X fans want to invest ;-)
Yes, there is a 16-Core/8-Module Opteron, which I have mentioned before in another thread (and was mentioned again here in reaction to my intentionally silly 16 REAL core suggestion).
Rabiator der II. wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Unfortunately, the current AMD Opteron/FX designs are not REAL cores in the truest sense because of the way the FPU is shared between two cores. It is however closer to 16 REAL Cores than the current Intel options I have seen.
Closer to 8 REAL cores for the FX, you mean?

The FX-83xx has four modules which one could count as 8 cores if one overlooks the shared FPU. Not 16 even with a lot of goodwill.
No-one was saying there was currently a 16-Core FX, the point I was raising that the 16-Core/8-Module approach (in the Opteron) is closer to a REAL 16-Core processor than any comparable Intel options (i.e. 16-Thread/8-Core Sandybridge E).[/OT]

But all this is really quite off-topic. :goner:

mcerd1
x3tc

Post by mcerd1 » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 18:15

looks like I might need a new graphics card then - still running an old 1Gb GTX285 (670 MHz version) that I've had for 4 years now....

but the question is will I get away with the rest of the machine ???
i7 920 (no OC at the moment)
6Gb of corsair 1333MHz
on an ASUS P6T DELUXE V2

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”