the-danzorz
x3tc

Steam Specs

Post by the-danzorz » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:20

So i had a look at the steam store page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2870/

and saw this line:
Minimum:
OS: Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit), Vista SP2 (64-bit), XP SP3 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel i-Series at 2GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVidia GT400 series with 512MB RAM or better, ATI 4870HD with 512MB RAM or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
Additional Notes: These specs are still being determined
Does that mean that a Core 2 Quad series CPUs won't be able to run the game?

Fanchen
x4

Post by Fanchen » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:25

I guess it would need to be clocked higher than 2 GHz. ;) Still, even there it says the specs are not final, and I guess until we really know we'll have to wait until we can play.

Mazitch
x4

Post by Mazitch » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:28

I also guess it will don't worry about the processor ;)

But i'm more surprized about the OS specs : it can run ONLY on 64-bit systems.

I personnaly won't have any problems with that, but why 32-bit OS versions are incompatible with X:Rebirth ?

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:29

Lack of memory.

the-danzorz
x3tc

Post by the-danzorz » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:31

There really isn't a lack of memory though, Windows 7 32bit still finds 3.5gb of your ram. that extra 500mb probably won't make a difference.

Mazitch
x4

Post by Mazitch » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:32

Oh yes, I forgot about the memory limitation of 32-bit Windows systems.

Thanks for the answer ;)

Fanchen
x4

Post by Fanchen » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:33

32-bit applications can only use 2 GiB of RAM usually (3 at max). And those 4 GiB are only the minimal specs, 8 GiB is recommended. So yes, it makes a difference.

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:33

^^ it does, as the recommended memory for this game is 8 gb's and the bare bones minimum is 4. and most system you buy today even the ones you get for 500$ come with 8 gb's of ram, and ram is dirt cheap, 30 bucks for 4 gigs.

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 15:56

Four weeks ago i bought my new comp. Looks like it should be able to run the game without Problems :lol: .

MFG

CKTMC
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:10

Mazitch wrote:I also guess it will don't worry about the processor ;)

But i'm more surprized about the OS specs : it can run ONLY on 64-bit systems.

I personnaly won't have any problems with that, but why 32-bit OS versions are incompatible with X:Rebirth ?
Because 32bit is on the way out.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

64bit is where it's at. People need to get with the times and upgrade.

danpaul88
x4

Post by danpaul88 » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:17

Only 6 GB of hard drive space? I'm surprised by that, was expecting closer to 10 GB or maybe even more... nice to see a developer actually taking the effort to reduce the footprint of their game instead of ignoring the size based on the assumption that everyone has excessively large hard drives anyway.

Also, explicitly targeting 64 bit operating systems only is an interesting move... glad to finally see a game that will actually make use of all the memory in my system for a change.

Rabiator der II.
x3ap

Post by Rabiator der II. » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:23

Processor: Intel i-Series at 2GHz or AMD equivalent
Note that it says nothing about the number of cores. So an Intel i3-Series is not excluded, and an older quad core model might be adequate too.

Assuming that the i3 is in fact adequate and it is not one of those specs you need to double in practice ;).

The HD4870 looks a bit tougher. Maybe I'll give my PC a little upgrade after all (currently running on a HD6670, which scores lower in PassMark)
Gazz in the LT forum:
In X3, piracy is not implemented at all. All the "pirates" that fly around are bands of roaming psychopaths that destroy everything they see without even trying to loot anything.

the-danzorz
x3tc

Post by the-danzorz » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:46

Well my current specs are:

4gb of ram (mobo only supports 4)
Win7 32bit (i have 64bit so upgrading won't be an issue)
Intel Core 2 Quad clocked at 2.5gz
AMD HD 6870
2TB of discpace (300gb free on OS drive)

Do you think i could run the game on low with a playable framerate (30fps)?

I can run games like Skyrim, Deus Ex on high / max settings without any performance issues. X3 / TC i can run on max settings as well with no performance drops unless in an insanely large fight.

I really don't want to spend the money on a new mobo, cpu and a little extra ram. As i'm not that interested in having things maxed out, just enjoying the game with some nice visuals is enough.

Mazitch
x4

Post by Mazitch » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:59

Difficult to say without having the game, you'll for sure have no problem concerning your graphic card and your processor. But the RAM will maybe be problematic if a lot of ship are involved in the game, but as I say it's still difficult to say.

My best advice : when playing X:R, close ALL your useless processes (Antivirus, Skype, your web browser, etc...) ;)

littleheadspin
x3tc

Post by littleheadspin » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:04

Are people really complaining its 64bit only?

Christ, this is like the first game to actually be only 64 bit. Its about bloody time.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:04

I am really glad they're not making it 32-bit compatible, its about time games companies moved on from the older technology. It means that my RAM won't go unused now, since most games don't even use all my RAM it makes it sort of pointless. I'm also glad that my specs are above recommended. I have a feeling this game is going to run better on my PC than X3 does.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

frankestein

Post by frankestein » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:11

well i'm really happy that we finally have a release date but these specs confuse me cause the devs said that they optimized the game very well and so ..... but these minimum spec are even higher than crysis 3 actually their the most demanding minimum specs i've seen so far in any game.

i've got the pc to play it on on medium-high but i somehow wished i could have run it on high or maxed out :S because as we all know it's gonna be the most amazing space game that ever been built.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:17

Well the GFX are the same as most games at the moment but X has always pushed it on CPU and RAM. I still can't run X3:AP on highest, not because my GFX card isn't good enough but because my CPU can't keep up with 200-300 ships in a single sector. Carriers are not always the best idea.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Umbru
x4

Post by Umbru » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:35

Check and make sure its your MB that is limiting you to 4mb even back in the socket LGA 775 days a lot of MB supported 8 gigs of ram.

I suspect that the unlike most games that need a heavy GPU this one will benefit more from CPU and RAM.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 19:11

Yum and I just upgraded to 16GB of ram.

Still over kill but at least I can quickly minimize, look at 3rd party help sites, go to the forum, check out the new universe map, and restore the game without waiting 10 minutes for the cache to catch up. :D

64 bit games FINALLY and no better game than to it be rebirth.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”