Doubtful
43%
No
25%

Total votes: 176

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 18:14

It is in fact impossible to give a good answer...

You see - Egosoft first must patch the game until it runs as they have intended it (if you like it or not is not important, because that's a question of taste and/or personal preferences).

Then - based on wishes of the users they going to add more and more extensions. This will be on a deeper level than modders are capable of.

In the mean while, mods add those things they personally like, and if someone likes it too, it is beneficial. However - modders will not "save" the game - they just do add-ons and modifications. Make the core game run good is not their work, but that of Egosoft.

If the real hidden question is: "will the modders make an X3 on steroids or an X4" and thus do a "save" of the game (in fact - turn the game in another instance of X/X2/X3/Xwhatvernumber), then the answer is: highly doubtful..

Yes - I know a lot of people want to see an Xn-again, but frankly - if they are turning this game in another boring instance of the same old dusty X, then I am off. You see - I want something new, and not another glorified "brush-up" version of X3. We already have an X3. And to "save" X Rebirth into an kind of X3-ish thingie is not anything I would like to see.

That said - I am not against "transplanting" some things from X3 to X Rebirth. That can be nice and sensible. But "overhauling" X Rebirth into something is was not intended to be is not "saving" anything, but trying to make an stratospheric jet into a flying submarine, because "we all" want a flying submarine..

jambock1978

Post by jambock1978 » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 19:03

No, modders can't save a game they can change a game. A heavily moded game isn't the original game, to think that some people want to the moders to change almost everything and that if it happens Egosoft is who will be praised for the wonderful game make me sick...

Drex
x2

Post by Drex » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 19:50

Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:
true..

other options to add...

SHOULD modders try and fix it

or

SHOULD modders get paid to fix it

or

WHY should modders fix it

SHOULD modders try and fix it

Why would they, thats not what modding is about.

SHOUILD modders get paid to fix it

Errr.....No.

WHY should modders fix it

They shouldn't, because its not up to them.

And the reason its not up to them, is because its solely down to the developer to fix it for us,
and guess what?........that's exactly what they are doing.

That's what software developer's do when things are not working as they should.

If there are certain bits in the game,that you do not like, then hopefully
a generous modder will create a mod to improve that aspect for you,

Also,they may improve on other aspects of the game as well.

That's what modding is about.... (well that's what I think modding is about,anyway)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”