Doubtful
43%
No
25%

Total votes: 176

Divinity1990
x3tc

Post by Divinity1990 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:02

Modders can't save Rebirth and neither can Egosoft. Most of the player base will have left the game in a month.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:10

If modders could save the game, I'd call that after this unsatisfying release and making rather big money, it'd be appropriate that the modders would get an adequate compensation for their efforts (beyond a "free" game copy that they partly created anyways).

In my book that's the least to expect after this clearly intentional release, afterall it can't be that modders do the fixings while Egosoft gets the bucks. So, I'd hope that the modders keep onto their stuff for now and only provide it to the community for now, else Egosoft wouldn't feel the need to change their approach.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:10

That's what they said on the Creative Assembly Forum, yet they're still there, modding Rome 2 and all previous versions, despite the mess Rome 2 is.
I'm going to eventually buy Rome 2, when it's fixed most of the s***** bugs that ruin the enjoyment of what I will know will be a great game when it's properly polished off.
Egosoft are not in the habit of leaving a game falling apart, think like a business man here, especially that this is a trade simulator.. bad product creates a bad reputation = loss of customers and profittssss.

I've never played a PC Game on release that wasn't a bugged mess.
It's the reality you need to grasp, stop moaning and wait for the patches to come out.
Develop some patience, I know, outlandish concept, but it really does work people. :roll:
Last edited by spankahontis on Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:13

I don't know if they can save it or not. What I wonder more is if they will even try.

The level of modding it's going to take to fix mess this will be on the order of hundreds of hours, but who is going to want to put that amount of time and effort into something no one is playing anymore or that they themselves don't even like?

Modders need to start with something good that inspires them to make it better, in this case that just isn't there.

TargetLost
x3tc

Post by TargetLost » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:16

Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:whats needs fixing is untouchable by modders,
so no,modders cant save it.

they may however be able to fix a lot of the laziness and consolised dross .

question is...will they want to ?

For me it's even the question.. is it worth to?

Egosoft went so far off with this.. dumped everything that made their X-Serie the X Serie we loved that the modders in a way almost have to write a new game out of this game.

I think that transfomation shouldn't be done by modders but by egosoft
or in a teamed up work ..egosoft and mooders

First step hoever would be to confess that it was no success which they refuse to do.

Second would be to start LISTENING to the community/modders how to change it because obvious they don't know what the real values of their X-Serie was else the hadn't dumped everything.

Third is to dump their console port idea completly and convert it into a true PC game...with the correct control and graphic. ( It's anyway too late for a console with the destroyed reputation on steam. You only have one chance there and if you fail you failed your future.)

I played it today.
After a very big dissapointment yesterday I found a bit time and focused just on one little thing.. collecting space junk. As boring as that sounds..
it was actually the best half hour in the game so far..I simple relaxed and enjoyed the awesome space view and collected my credits.

And this is what still let me think it's not that bad...with this outside graphics...(inside and NPC is another topic)..I can enjoy it. If you play it right you can too..

..and then I think about everything thats missing now to be an X game
:cry:

and the last point..even if egosoft listens and change the game and work with modders...

Isn't it already too late for egosoft? Will they be able to survive?

With will and maybe help they might be abel to transform this into a X game and they might even create a new game after...but who is there to buy it then? Their reputation is destroyed..fair or not ..is not the point..it happened. I think they have no idea how significant this steam Release was for their future.

True the ppl bought the game in mass but that was before the release day. Egosoft made the money..but that mass is in rage now ..and with this Egosofts chance to sell anything in the future. And here we are back to our step point 1.

I don't really know where this all leads now.

Insanity5
x3

Post by Insanity5 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:19

I don't see how they can save it. Most of the problems are with the core gameplay.
I would be utterly amazed at their ingenuity and perseverance if they could.

Divinity1990
x3tc

Post by Divinity1990 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:27

spankahontis wrote:That's what they said on the Creative Assembly Forum, yet they're still there, modding Rome 2 and all previous versions, despite the mess Rome 2 is.
I'm going to eventually buy Rome 2, when it's fixed most of the s***** bugs that ruin the enjoyment of what I will know will be a great game when it's properly polished off.
Egosoft are not in the habit of leaving a game falling apart, think like a business man here, especially that this is a trade simulator.. bad product creates a bad reputation = loss of customers and profittssss.

It's the reality you need to grasp, stop moaning and wait for the patches to come out.
Develop some patience, I know, outlandish concept, but it really does work people. :roll:
Are you serious? Total War has a huge following. X on the other has only a small fan base witch has been completely alienated with X:Rebirth.

ND89
x3ap

Post by ND89 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:28

I believe Egosoft can fix most of these issues within a year, and the modding community can do the rest.

Whether they will, and therefore they will, is a different question.

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:40

spankahontis wrote: Develop some patience, I know, outlandish concept, but it really does work people. :roll:
Do you mean perhaps like the 7 years we have already waited for this garbage bag full of broken promise?

mononom

Post by mononom » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:42

spankahontis wrote:That's what they said on the Creative Assembly Forum, yet they're still there, modding Rome 2 and all previous versions, despite the mess Rome 2 is.

If thats true, if modders could somehow fix Rebirth .. that would be great. But also, Egosoft should then be in some kind of 'i basically owe you my soul now' like binding with this modder/these modders forever and ever for that amount of work.

akari no ryu
x4

Post by akari no ryu » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:48

MeltingPointSP wrote:In programming, every character you type is a potential bug.
Untrue.
MeltingPointSP wrote:Most languages attempt to limit this with short syntax.
This makes no sense.
Syntax is "how you say things" not "what you say".
Vocabulary is what you say.
PHP and Java have huge vocabularies. Sometimes the individual "words" in Java are very long.
MeltingPointSP wrote:This is not the case with X:R, which uses XML, not as a data storage/transfer language as it was intended
XML was INITIALLY intended as a semantic markup language that is EXTENSIBLE.
Which means it was, in point of ontological fact, initially intended for programming.
MeltingPointSP wrote:It truly is the case of using 20 lines of code where 1 line would do in any other language.
How would you know?

MeltingPointSP wrote:Scripting will not save this game;
This is true.
The rest of your post is either untrue, nonsense or unfounded opinion not based in reality.

mononom

Post by mononom » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:54

Breaking news: in the german forums, a 'long-time modder' ox X3 says the workload for modding this game would amount to 'schierer Wahnsinn'.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 79#4210379

ragod

Post by ragod » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:17

I seriously doubt it. There is too much wrong with the core of the game to fix.

Can the modders completely remove the retarded NPCs from the game and completely ditch station walking? Can Modders fix the really ****** AI?

akari no ryu
x4

Post by akari no ryu » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:21

mononom wrote:Breaking news: in the german forums, a 'long-time modder' ox X3 says the workload for modding this game would amount to 'schierer Wahnsinn'.
What does 'schierer Wahnsinn' mean?

ragod

Post by ragod » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:23

akari no ryu wrote:
mononom wrote:Breaking news: in the german forums, a 'long-time modder' ox X3 says the workload for modding this game would amount to 'schierer Wahnsinn'.
What does 'schierer Wahnsinn' mean?
"Sheer Madness"

Means trying to fix this would be insane :P

azmuth
xr

Post by azmuth » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:44

I am not sure if modders can save the game alone...therefore I chose doubtful. What I do believe is that Egosoft is going to have to work at adjusting and fixing what they already made (and not just fixing the bugs)
but addressing many of the game elements and features. I also feel if Egosoft gives the modding community whatever tools and support they need, it will sweeten the time our community plays Rebirth.

As it stands now though, from reading several posts in the modding forums; the modders need access to specific tools and elements of the game coding.
Probably better to go to that area for up to date requirements and specifics.

azmuth
xr

Post by azmuth » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:47

TargetLost wrote:
Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:whats needs fixing is untouchable by modders,
so no,modders cant save it.

they may however be able to fix a lot of the laziness and consolised dross .

question is...will they want to ?

For me it's even the question.. is it worth to?

Egosoft went so far off with this.. dumped everything that made their X-Serie the X Serie we loved that the modders in a way almost have to write a new game out of this game.

I think that transfomation shouldn't be done by modders but by egosoft
or in a teamed up work ..egosoft and mooders

First step hoever would be to confess that it was no success which they refuse to do.

Second would be to start LISTENING to the community/modders how to change it because obvious they don't know what the real values of their X-Serie was else the hadn't dumped everything.

Third is to dump their console port idea completly and convert it into a true PC game...with the correct control and graphic. ( It's anyway too late for a console with the destroyed reputation on steam. You only have one chance there and if you fail you failed your future.)

I played it today.
After a very big dissapointment yesterday I found a bit time and focused just on one little thing.. collecting space junk. As boring as that sounds..
it was actually the best half hour in the game so far..I simple relaxed and enjoyed the awesome space view and collected my credits.

And this is what still let me think it's not that bad...with this outside graphics...(inside and NPC is another topic)..I can enjoy it. If you play it right you can too..

..and then I think about everything thats missing now to be an X game
:cry:

and the last point..even if egosoft listens and change the game and work with modders...

Isn't it already too late for egosoft? Will they be able to survive?

With will and maybe help they might be abel to transform this into a X game and they might even create a new game after...but who is there to buy it then? Their reputation is destroyed..fair or not ..is not the point..it happened. I think they have no idea how significant this steam Release was for their future.

True the ppl bought the game in mass but that was before the release day. Egosoft made the money..but that mass is in rage now ..and with this Egosofts chance to sell anything in the future. And here we are back to our step point 1.

I don't really know where this all leads now.
Yes... all of this.

Thimble

Post by Thimble » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:48

Well, so far there's somewhere around five or so mods currently available for Rebirth and they all fix some of the pretty big and annoying gameplay aspects such as having to walk in stations to trade, get repairs, or hire crewmembers, another improves the cockpit view, a mod that skips the cockpit 'walk' transition, and some others.

Modding MIGHT be able to put a dent in the horrible qualities.

Arraamis
x3tc

Post by Arraamis » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 03:30

Mauzi! wrote:If modders could save the game, I'd call that after this unsatisfying release and making rather big money, it'd be appropriate that the modders would get an adequate compensation for their efforts (beyond a "free" game copy that they partly created anyways).

In my book that's the least to expect after this clearly intentional release, afterall it can't be that modders do the fixings while Egosoft gets the bucks. So, I'd hope that the modders keep onto their stuff for now and only provide it to the community for now, else Egosoft wouldn't feel the need to change their approach.
Co-sign!!!!

And the point of modder's receiving compensation shouldn't be out of the question or unreasonable.

I've noticed quite a few modder originated ideas implimented in rebirth -- In fact there's a whole bonus pack of modder created scripts that is being packaged by egosoft for use in TC:AP " X³ Terran Conflict - Bonus Package" "Bonus Package consists of a selection of scripts written by player community members. Egosoft has selected them as extensions that fit well into, and do not destroy the balance, of the game."

Did any of the modder's receive any compensation\bonus copy of Rebirth or anything at all, for developing these scripts that are being used ??????

So, in keeping on-topic ... The answer is NO!!!!
Modders should not be exploited in this manner and if egosoft is going to sit back and wait for the mod community to pick up the challenge of addressing Rebirth issue .... then I say let them wait forever.

Trust me modding is a lot of very hard, dedicated work and every modder that is part of the X-Community deserves monumental credit for the work they've done up to this point os past X-Games.

But, for Rebirth ..... I would suggest that modder's hold back and play the waiting game. Because the ingredients are already baked into the rebirth cake, modder's only add the icing. And in this case, unless Egosoft\Deep Silver is willing to spread the wealth with these modder's -- they should just chill.

Another very important point:

Do you guys realize that X-Modder's are to a large degree, responsible for the longevity of the series !!!!!!!

This is not an opinion ... Its the truth!!!!

These guys deserve better ..... and they don't deserve exploitation!

radic

Post by radic » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 16:24

give modders a way to understand, view and modify /ui. if given, answer is yes (with effort). if not given, who knows :p

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”