Egosoft's next big thing....

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

savagetwinky

Post by savagetwinky » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 01:05

N4N wrote:
thesus1 wrote:If for you X4 is just X3 with HD Skin (more of the same), I don't want X4.
Its not just the skin, they could just take X3, fix what was worng and leave what was good. Why touch something which is working? then we got rebirth.....
In my opinion, if they take X3 AP and change:
-Use rebirth graphics engine, very pretty.
-Use rebirth Stations(exterior of course), but one sector can hold 2 or 3 of those big stations.
-Remove some of the gates in near systems, such as in the solar system, when yo just travel from planet to planet add something like highways, I like the concept, but remove nonsense minigame.
-Fix the big fleet management, in X3 is a pain to control big fleets and they stuck at gates and etc....
-Fix IA and collision system.
-Add some real challenge/target for late game. Like adding sector conquer, or something like it. Its like CK2, you can conquer the whole contienent, but it will be a hell of a way to do so.
-Fix a bit trading system, was ok, but need some tweaks here and there, but leave the core like it was.
-Make Cap ships modular such as they are in rebirth, with different parts and so. Also fix that cap ships attach to the same spot each other, thats ridiculous.
-Balance the missions , for example you can make millions on killing misisions, but for same rank think missions you only do 30K.......

And many small tweaks... just here and there, and they had the perfect game.....
You can't just "fix" something like a massive software project,

Had they started a redesign you'd end up with pretty much the same thing, a game with many bugs, with new fundamentals and features that didn't make the release date.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 01:05

Kor'ah wrote:You left out the part where ships/stations require materials to be built. Materials that have their own production chains. In previous X games ships magically spawn from nothing and stations came for magic beans already staffed and ready for work in seconds.

Egosoft is going for the Circle-of-life style of economy. once the crippling bugs are dealt with, and the universe gets a few more systems, it'll be interesting to see it at work.
Excellent example of something that needs to be kept and nurtured, I can think of quite a few things that are great in this game, just a shame these nuggets are let down by all the rest of the game that make it impossible to interact on any meaningful level with it.

p.s. Reply to above post - no, these new glorious "space cities" need to go! When common sense takes a back seat you know nothing good is going to come of it.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 02:12

Malakie wrote:
Hob Anagerik wrote:I guess the problem is that I don't really know what I want X4 to be. But I do now know what I don't want it to be! :)
You don't?

I do! :D

Here are some ideas:
1) Everything in X3 plus all the best mods
2) Ability to walk around INSIDE our ships AND stations in first person
3) Ability to have crew member NPC's that move around the ship/station and are assigned duties
4) Ability to respond to hostile boarding actions on ships OR stations in first person combat with your NPC's
5) Ability to go down to planets and move around and do things in first person
6) Ability to easily add mods, add new and more ships to the game etc..
That's what I thought. I bet quite a few others did too, but are too angry right now to admit it.

What do people mean when they say they don’t want X4 to be another X3? Take any successful series, crysis, far cry, dragon age (3), tomb raider et al, they’re the same old story updated with new places, new characters, new quests, more dynamic environments, better graphics with stunning new vistas and effects, the devs make a new game in the series based on all that was good from the previous games right, or try to.

I recognise very little of this in X-R. It feels like some new company on the block has tried its luck at making a space sim and screwed up badly.

If we don’t won’t X4 then maybe people are right, we should all go pledge star citizen for a whole new experience and DX11.

Hob Anagerik
x3tc

Post by Hob Anagerik » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 15:21

From what comments I have read here about Star Citizen and their community I suspect it could be a horrible affair. Can they be as bad as the LoL crowd for instance?
Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, C.Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty, EVGA Nvidia 3GB 780 Ti, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

N4N
x3tc

Re:

Post by N4N » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 16:35

N4N wrote:
Fri, 22. Nov 13, 17:59
thesus1 wrote:If for you X4 is just X3 with HD Skin (more of the same), I don't want X4.
Its not just the skin, they could just take X3, fix what was wrong and leave what was good. Why touch something which is working? then we got rebirth.....
-Use rebirth Stations(exterior of course), but one sector can hold 2 or 3 of those big stations.
-Remove some of the gates in near systems, such as in the solar system, when yo just travel from planet to planet add something like highways, I like the concept, but remove nonsense mini game.
-Fix the big fleet management, in X3 is a pain to control big fleets and they stuck at gates and etc....
-Add some real challenge/target for late game. Like adding sector conquer, or something like it. Its like Crusader Kings 2, you can conquer the whole continent, but it will be a hell of a way to do so.
-Fix a bit trading system, was ok, but need some tweaks here and there, but leave the core like it was.
-Make Cap ships modular such as they are in rebirth, with different parts and so. Also fix that cap ships attack to the same spot each other, that's ridiculous.
-Balance the missions , for example you can make millions on killing missions, but for same rank think missions you only do 30K.......

And many small tweaks... just here and there, and they had the perfect game.....
now with X4 announced, lets see how right/wrong I was 5 years ago :P

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: Re:

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 02:30

N4N wrote:
Tue, 9. Oct 18, 16:35
N4N wrote:
Fri, 22. Nov 13, 17:59
Its not just the skin, they could just take X3, fix what was wrong and leave what was good. Why touch something which is working? then we got rebirth.....
-Remove some of the gates in near systems, such as in the solar system, when yo just travel from planet to planet add something like highways, I like the concept, but remove nonsense mini game.
-Add some real challenge/target for late game. Like adding sector conquer, or something like it. Its like Crusader Kings 2, you can conquer the whole continent, but it will be a hell of a way to do so.
-Make Cap ships modular such as they are in rebirth, with different parts and so. Also fix that cap ships attack to the same spot each other, that's ridiculous.
-Balance the missions , for example you can make millions on killing missions, but for same rank think missions you only do 30K.......

now with X4 announced, lets see how right/wrong I was 5 years ago :P
You clearly were in the wrong to bump this thread so I assume for now on anything you say is in error.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Egosoft's next big thing....

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 12:00

Since this is now nothing to do with X Rebirth .. <click>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”