Capture Xenon Branch 9 Destroyer(K)?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zervox

Capture Xenon Branch 9 Destroyer(K)?

Post by Zervox » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 07:25

Ok, so apparently it is possible to board this ship, but I am unable to find out how to repair it, I have a captain and engineer in my crew compartment, and I can't figure out how I would transfer them to the ship, as I can't find any docking spot or anything on the ship.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 07:40

you need to go buy some construction drones and then wait for a patch so you will have the ability to transfer drones from ship to ship. That is the only way to fix a ship that is damaged and dead in space.

If it already has construction drones on it when you cap it, then you just need the captain to fly it, the engineer to fix it and the defence officer to man its weapons!

Need them drones on it for it to repair with the engineer aboard! no way to do that at the moment unless it already has some on board!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Zervox

Post by Zervox » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 07:44

Bah, what a waste! Well then, I guess I will just have to watch it be blown to smithereens. :D :roll:

Antyrael-86

Post by Antyrael-86 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 09:50

or sell it on the shipyard.^^

(just as info for the ones, not cheating)

Zervox

Post by Zervox » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 11:23

Sure, but the xenon ships has such awesome blow up effects. :P :roll:

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 11:27

Xenon ships don't have docking ports deliberately (They're giant computers, they have no real "crew" or even interior space for crew). CBJ mentioned in another thread that Xenon cap ships lacking a docking port is a rare example of working as intended - which makes sense in context.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 11:44

Which is actually totally wrong, because xenon ships DO have interiors.
At least they had them in previous games, but I heard that interiors are hardcoded for Xenon ship construction from the Terraformer times, so they MUST build interiors no matter what, because their code cant be changed.

Here is the description of Xenon I M2 from X3AP:
This powerful destroyer has not been seen anywhere before. It closely follows the standard Xenon design principles, and appears to be a direct response to recent developments in the super-heavy destroyer field. The exact power and threat levels of this ship are not known, but it is advised to run as far away as possible at the first sight of this ship. Like all other Xenon ships, it still contains a redundant crew deck, theoretically enabling living creatures to pilot it.

Piorn

Post by Piorn » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 11:47

I always thought they just don't have doors...

Arandrell
x4

Post by Arandrell » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 12:14

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Which is actually totally wrong, because xenon ships DO have interiors.
At least they had them in previous games, but I heard that interiors are hardcoded for Xenon ship construction from the Terraformer times, so they MUST build interiors no matter what, because their code cant be changed.

Here is the description of Xenon I M2 from X3AP:
This powerful destroyer has not been seen anywhere before. It closely follows the standard Xenon design principles, and appears to be a direct response to recent developments in the super-heavy destroyer field. The exact power and threat levels of this ship are not known, but it is advised to run as far away as possible at the first sight of this ship. Like all other Xenon ships, it still contains a redundant crew deck, theoretically enabling living creatures to pilot it.
Which means they need a standardised docking port capable of landing the Skunk because?

Also, just because with the correct command codes you can take control of the Xenon ship doesn't mean that the player had access to the correct/valid codes.

I imagine trying to turn on a Xenon core without the correct codes is not a very pretty sight. If there was anyone left alive nearby to see what happened to you...

'Unauthorised access to a Xenon core? Just say: "Arg! *Splat*"'

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 13:02

Thats why you had to train hacking skills of your boarding party in X3TC & X3AP. To hack the ship core.

Alexandus

Post by Alexandus » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 13:05

That would be an interesting mechanic, having to hack the ship before it blows up.

I'd rename my character in my head to "Jack Bauer"
Just a casual gamer who posts videos on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/alexandus62

Arandrell
x4

Post by Arandrell » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 14:39

Something like this could work and be within Rebirth 'lore':
  • 1. Buy 'Xenon hacking software' from a Beryll Mechanic
    2. Board Xenon ship with 'Uuber-marines of doom'
    3. Xenon ship doesn't need a captain/engineer/defence-officer as it still has the ones it was built with
Make the default 'crew' 2-3 stars and that's it. If you need to swap things out then a station, possibly a specific player owned repair-yard, is required.

If the option is there to raise the stats on the AGI and thus crew level then the possibility of a rebellion should be put in.
Could be a 'fun' game feature:
  • Give All Xenon medium stats
    Install uuber AI into captured Xenon ship
    Captured ship goes rogue
    You have to manage to kill it before it makes it to the Xenon 'core'
    If you fail to capture it, all Xenon ships become massively harder.

Raapys

Post by Raapys » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 15:21

So how do you get your marine officer back?

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 16:18

Xenon stations and interiors appear to be in the game as they're part of the plot. There are a bunch of ships in the game but we can only build handful. I would bet the reason for this discrepancy is that they cut corners with most of the ships except the few we can actually build.

Arandrell
x4

Post by Arandrell » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 16:45

Raapys wrote:So how do you get your marine officer back?
The marine officer that needs to have his hand on the kill-switch? You DO like to live dangerously...

Imari
x4

Post by Imari » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 16:57

I posted about Xenon K issues couple days back, the problem is not only construction drones and captains.

Problem is it doesn't have a docking platform because it uses cockpit hence requires pilot, not captain therefore we cannot park an engineer to repair modules leading construction uvrs being useless. In addition since it cannot accommodate defence officer, how can turrets fire? Furthermore no shipyard builds or has blueprints of Xenon K thus you cannot repair its hull or the turrets/jumpdrive/engines. Essentially its a dead ship.

Zervox

Post by Zervox » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 05:24

Doesn't really matter, if I can board a ship with 50 marines I expect to be able to take command of it even if it is fully automated. It's not as if the hardpoints of the ship etc is impossible to break free from AI control and add to your fleet.

Whats the point of allowing boarding on it to begin with if it will only make you lose all your marines and officer, afterall you've already ripped apart all their guns pretty easily(not really the most frightening of ships as I find even the basic freighters to be a more impressionable opponents than the Branch 9K which supposedly is a "destroyer"(A)) I just want it because it looks like a space larva :P

You will be assimilated.
I will add your technological distinctiveness to my fleet!!

vargata
x3ap

Post by vargata » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 05:42

Zervox wrote:Doesn't really matter, if I can board a ship with 50 marines I expect to be able to take command of it even if it is fully automated. It's not as if the hardpoints of the ship etc is impossible to break free from AI control and add to your fleet.

Whats the point of allowing boarding on it to begin with if it will only make you lose all your marines and officer, afterall you've already ripped apart all their guns pretty easily(not really the most frightening of ships as I find even the basic freighters to be a more impressionable opponents than the Branch 9K which supposedly is a "destroyer"(A)) I just want it because it looks like a space larva :P

You will be assimilated.
I will add your technological distinctiveness to my fleet!!
they doesnt have it cos xenon ships were added to the game after they failed to release it on xbox. before the pc release they might realized it will not be an x game without xenon so they have added a few. apparently their AI is absolutely off. /just note how the xenon L is the only X3 ship ingame/

jesdyr
x4

Post by jesdyr » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:19

not sure why but when capping a K I was getting horrible FPS. Something about that ship was really causing issues.

sundernet
x4

Re: Capture Xenon Branch 9 Destroyer(K)?

Post by sundernet » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 23:00

I come across the nexus site and they found a way to board the k9 destroyer...
https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/336?tab=files

If anyone is still interested, althoughm i wonder if it works on VR version too
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] ASRock Extreme4
[CPU] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600k 3.60Ghz 6Core
[Cooling] Criorig C7
[Video] Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 8GB
[Harddrive] CM500 500GB SSD
[Harddrive] Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
[Disc Player] - Portable Slim Drive USB 3.0

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”