any info about new patch

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zackaryel
x3tc

Post by Zackaryel » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:36

Keep in mind it took them 7 years to develop XR.
I urge players to realize how long it can take to go over 7 years worth of brainstorming, schemes, code lines, databases, for example to find the one ");" or whatnot that's misplaced.
Afaik, most of the time every function in a software is developed separately, and then all parts put together in one compiling. Every each part may work as intended on its own but could create bugs/loops/stalls when trying to work with the other functions when put together.
And also, due to the massive variety of PC components there is nowadays, it's almost impossible to account for every possible combination so of course there's gonna be bugs.

It's how the gaming industry work nowadays, better get used to it and stop whining for a fix every 5 minutes, it's not gonna get done any faster.

Zackaryel
x3tc

Post by Zackaryel » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:37

I urge players to realize how long it can take to go over 7 years worth of brainstorming, schemes, code lines, databases, for example to find the one ");" or whatnot that's misplaced.
Afaik, most of the time every function in a software is developed separately, and then all parts put together in one compiling. Every each part may work as intended on its own but could create bugs/loops/stalls when trying to work with the other functions when put together.
And also, due to the massive variety of PC components there is nowadays, it's almost impossible to account for every possible combination so of course there's gonna be bugs.

It's how the gaming industry work nowadays, better get used to it and stop whining for a fix every 5 minutes, it's not gonna get done any faster.

Zackaryel
x3tc

Post by Zackaryel » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:38

outlawgb
x3tc

Post by outlawgb » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:54

they should start doing the patches beta through steam atleast that way we can roll back if needed i love the game just abit frustrated my empire has ground to halt cus of 1.17 :)

john1957

any info about new patch

Post by john1957 » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 13:37

ie when or how long anything just get traders moving again was able to sell one hold full of ore then next time took ore without payment

MardukCM
x3

Post by MardukCM » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 13:43

Some mod / dev / admin mentioned - hidden under a wall of bricks (text) - that he thinks it is probably a matter of days and not weeks till the next very-hot-fix will be thrown towards the community.

I read this yesterday.
So stay tuned and play Minecraft. That game actually works :P
Nostradamus is nothing compared to George Orwell

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”