any info about new patch

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Koritnaciino
x4

Where is 1.18 ???

Post by Koritnaciino » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:27

Is they working on it or have day off? What I want to say it will be realy nice to know that they are working on this trade,repair,consturct bugs from 1.17
Some feedbacks can be great. Can we expect fix today?

EDIT: anyway on the STEAM is latest information : patch 1.14

sonnyVN

Post by sonnyVN » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:32

for some reason it latest update on 1.14 now I remember after they release 1.17 then next day they removed it. and guess what? everything broken after that lol

Protector AR
x4

Post by Protector AR » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:41

1.17 is the best version yet with it's hotfix. Yes there are some bugs but I haven't crashed out since I've restarted.

Gupster
xr

Re: Where is 1.18 ???

Post by Gupster » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:43

Koritnaciino wrote:Is they working on it or have day off? What I want to say it will be realy nice to know that they are working on this trade,repair,consturct bugs from 1.17

" Where is 1.18" it is one below 1.19 and one above 1.17.
Last edited by Gupster on Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:55, edited 3 times in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:49

See my reply here.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:01

CBJ wrote:See my reply here.
Thx for answer.

Another question: So the information on steam about 1.14 ... menas that if you uninstal game and then reinstal again , you will have version 1.14?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:04

No, it means that the Steam news update page isn't updating for some reason. We've contacted Steam about this, because the info does show up if you look here.

lenat
x3tc

Post by lenat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:14

So for almost two days the game is unplayable because of broken trading.
The hole ingame economy is down... Not just for me... Seems like many many people got those problems.

...Still waiting for 1.18

Question: Does it make sense to continue playing (with a future patch fixing the trading)? I mean... Will the economy recover from the issues dealing with the current problems??

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:38

lenat wrote:
Question: Does it make sense to continue playing (with a future patch fixing the trading)? I mean... Will the economy recover from the issues dealing with the current problems??
This is the million dollar question. i have already restarted 4 times due to bugs and new patches, should i continue on with my current game or is the game effectively broken for now?
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming
Powercolor RX56 Vega Red Dragon 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 @3200MHZ
Windows 10 X64
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5058817

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:49

lenat wrote: Question: Does it make sense to continue playing (with a future patch fixing the trading)? I mean... Will the economy recover from the issues dealing with the current problems??
Nobody knows I think :) It's good time to see, 'how exactly XUniverse works ' :)

P.

Pendraco
x4

Post by Pendraco » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:59

lenat wrote:So for almost two days the game is unplayable because of broken trading.
The hole ingame economy is down... Not just for me... Seems like many many people got those problems.

...Still waiting for 1.18

I am continuing to play, I have several Fedhelms stacked with ore parked near stations waiting for trading to be fixed. Seems like the perfect time to continue exploring the galaxy making note of what wares are bought / sold in which zones, and making notes on fat asteroid mining opportunities!

nalim27
x4

Post by nalim27 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:25

lenat wrote:
IMHO every player should forget about X Rebirth now and wait at least 2-3 months. I'm not sarcastic or insulting there.

After this players should check this forum for change logs and Tech Support if somebody still reports/complaints new and new bugs.
Then decide if he can play game at that state (of course as New game) or wait another month.

This is realistic guess based on mine experience as developer and on how Egosoft patched previous X games.

I do not understand why thousand of players still playing this game every day - when economy is broken, game is not stable, performance is bad, AI scripts are horrible, new pathfinging do not works correctly, UI is too slow etc. Playing in current state of game simply ruins gameplay.
Mine rig - X4 ready :-) Windows 10 64b
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X (stock clocks 3.7GHz + 4.3GHz boost), 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM,
GPU: AMD Vega64 8 GB HBM, played on 2569x1440, Freesync2
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCI-ex

CPU before 1.7.2018: Intel Xeon E5450@3.6GHz, 8GB DDR2 800MHz RAM,

Protector AR
x4

Post by Protector AR » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:37

nalim27 wrote:
lenat wrote:
IMHO every player should forget about X Rebirth now and wait at least 2-3 months. I'm not sarcastic or insulting there.

After this players should check this forum for change logs and Tech Support if somebody still reports/complaints new and new bugs.
Then decide if he can play game at that state (of course as New game) or wait another month.

This is realistic guess based on mine experience as developer and on how Egosoft patched previous X games.

I do not understand why thousand of players still playing this game every day - when economy is broken, game is not stable, performance is bad, AI scripts are horrible, new pathfinging do not works correctly, UI is too slow etc. Playing in current state of game simply ruins gameplay.
If no one plays it now, in two or three months it will be the same as it is. So just stop trying to stop or convince us not to play we want help it get better.

Hexadecimal
x4

Post by Hexadecimal » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:48

just an fyi, 1.18 will be ready when it's ready, people pushing for fast patches and hotfixes and generally fast release don't help these issues, rushing development just creates more.

Protector AR
x4

Post by Protector AR » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:51

I agree people are rushing them and than complaining that theee game is even more broken.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:08

Look guys I reconciliation with that of we are testers for the game. I think in 1.17 is trading, repairing and contruction realy broken. I understand that developer preparing more improvements to the next patch but what I think is: Why not hotfix huge game issues first in 1.18 and then the can do others.
I have to destroy Freighters in stations becasue there is not docking port available and I need resources for plot.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:18

they can't(because broken eco is very difficult problem, rewriting trade is too, and number of people which try to do that will probably more interfere than help)

only think it can be done - allow us to use any previous version,
if there was no ai bug trade (1.15?, out of sector player trade works ok there)

bunyarra

Post by bunyarra » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:37

Koritnaciino wrote:Is they working on it or have day off? What I want to say it will be realy nice to know that they are working on this trade,repair,consturct bugs from 1.17

Oh, for goodness sake, will people get a life. The devs have to have breaks and time to assimilate all the bug data collected. The flamers here are the first to complain that patches introduce new bugs yet they then whine if there is not a patch every 24 hours.

Go outside, breathe deeply and realise this is only a game - written by human beings that feel utterly crap when flamed rather than given feedback.

The internet really has destroyed the last vestiges of humanity ....

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:12

bunyarra wrote:

Oh, for goodness sake, will people get a life. The devs have to have breaks and time to assimilate all the bug data collected. The flamers here are the first to complain that patches introduce new bugs yet they then whine if there is not a patch every 24 hours.

Go outside, breathe deeply and realise this is only a game - written by human beings that feel utterly crap when flamed rather than given feedback.

See the other edge also please. Nowadays a lot of buggy games get released which can only be played after several bug fix patches. I still dont think this is acceptable. We are talking about game breaking bugs about the CORE game mechanics. We are not talking about scenarios which might appear 1 from every 100 incident. This is not the border of the software. These are very basic functions which do not work well. (note:Im a junior software developer for almost 2 years now for a safety critical system)
I understand the frustration and rage wont help the devs, hell even the opposite. They may even care less about an angry mob. However we are humans and I guess you have the right to express your feelings to some extent.
Tbh I am also disappointed and frustrated but also I have faith in the devs to fix the issues and Im rooting for them because the game would be awesome. They made a beautiful world.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:31

bunyarra wrote:

I am sorry for that but I have to say something. I complaining very very nicely I think. I dont want my money back, I not blame on the dev. team etc. I never said that I spend 50 EUR for product which is not funcional. So how you can say that please? I complaining only feedback from developers. Nothing else. The crap happend already and I believe that is in their hands to repair faults as soon as posible.
In other point I realy not get the devs point now. Why for god can not put previous versions on public until they finish new patch.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”