any info about new patch

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:08

Look guys I reconciliation with that of we are testers for the game. I think in 1.17 is trading, repairing and contruction realy broken. I understand that developer preparing more improvements to the next patch but what I think is: Why not hotfix huge game issues first in 1.18 and then the can do others.
I have to destroy Freighters in stations becasue there is not docking port available and I need resources for plot.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:18

they can't(because broken eco is very difficult problem, rewriting trade is too, and number of people which try to do that will probably more interfere than help)

only think it can be done - allow us to use any previous version,
if there was no ai bug trade (1.15?, out of sector player trade works ok there)

bunyarra

Re: Where is 1.18 ???

Post by bunyarra » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:37

Koritnaciino wrote:Is they working on it or have day off? What I want to say it will be realy nice to know that they are working on this trade,repair,consturct bugs from 1.17
Some feedbacks can be great. Can we expect fix today?

EDIT: anyway on the STEAM is latest information : patch 1.14
Oh, for goodness sake, will people get a life. The devs have to have breaks and time to assimilate all the bug data collected. The flamers here are the first to complain that patches introduce new bugs yet they then whine if there is not a patch every 24 hours.

Go outside, breathe deeply and realise this is only a game - written by human beings that feel utterly crap when flamed rather than given feedback.

The internet really has destroyed the last vestiges of humanity ....

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:12

bunyarra wrote:
Koritnaciino wrote:Is they working on it or have day off? What I want to say it will be realy nice to know that they are working on this trade,repair,consturct bugs from 1.17

Oh, for goodness sake, will people get a life. The devs have to have breaks and time to assimilate all the bug data collected. The flamers here are the first to complain that patches introduce new bugs yet they then whine if there is not a patch every 24 hours.

Go outside, breathe deeply and realise this is only a game - written by human beings that feel utterly crap when flamed rather than given feedback.

See the other edge also please. Nowadays a lot of buggy games get released which can only be played after several bug fix patches. I still dont think this is acceptable. We are talking about game breaking bugs about the CORE game mechanics. We are not talking about scenarios which might appear 1 from every 100 incident. This is not the border of the software. These are very basic functions which do not work well. (note:Im a junior software developer for almost 2 years now for a safety critical system)
I understand the frustration and rage wont help the devs, hell even the opposite. They may even care less about an angry mob. However we are humans and I guess you have the right to express your feelings to some extent.
Tbh I am also disappointed and frustrated but also I have faith in the devs to fix the issues and Im rooting for them because the game would be awesome. They made a beautiful world.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:31

bunyarra wrote:

I am sorry for that but I have to say something. I complaining very very nicely I think. I dont want my money back, I not blame on the dev. team etc. I never said that I spend 50 EUR for product which is not funcional. So how you can say that please? I complaining only feedback from developers. Nothing else. The crap happend already and I believe that is in their hands to repair faults as soon as posible.
In other point I realy not get the devs point now. Why for god can not put previous versions on public until they finish new patch.

Zackaryel
x3tc

Post by Zackaryel » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:36

Keep in mind it took them 7 years to develop XR.
I urge players to realize how long it can take to go over 7 years worth of brainstorming, schemes, code lines, databases, for example to find the one ");" or whatnot that's misplaced.
Afaik, most of the time every function in a software is developed separately, and then all parts put together in one compiling. Every each part may work as intended on its own but could create bugs/loops/stalls when trying to work with the other functions when put together.
And also, due to the massive variety of PC components there is nowadays, it's almost impossible to account for every possible combination so of course there's gonna be bugs.

It's how the gaming industry work nowadays, better get used to it and stop whining for a fix every 5 minutes, it's not gonna get done any faster.

Zackaryel
x3tc

Post by Zackaryel » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:37

I urge players to realize how long it can take to go over 7 years worth of brainstorming, schemes, code lines, databases, for example to find the one ");" or whatnot that's misplaced.
Afaik, most of the time every function in a software is developed separately, and then all parts put together in one compiling. Every each part may work as intended on its own but could create bugs/loops/stalls when trying to work with the other functions when put together.
And also, due to the massive variety of PC components there is nowadays, it's almost impossible to account for every possible combination so of course there's gonna be bugs.

It's how the gaming industry work nowadays, better get used to it and stop whining for a fix every 5 minutes, it's not gonna get done any faster.

Zackaryel
x3tc

Post by Zackaryel » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:38

outlawgb
x3tc

Post by outlawgb » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:54

they should start doing the patches beta through steam atleast that way we can roll back if needed i love the game just abit frustrated my empire has ground to halt cus of 1.17 :)

john1957

any info about new patch

Post by john1957 » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 13:37

ie when or how long anything just get traders moving again was able to sell one hold full of ore then next time took ore without payment

MardukCM
x3

Post by MardukCM » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 13:43

Some mod / dev / admin mentioned - hidden under a wall of bricks (text) - that he thinks it is probably a matter of days and not weeks till the next very-hot-fix will be thrown towards the community.

I read this yesterday.
So stay tuned and play Minecraft. That game actually works :P
Nostradamus is nothing compared to George Orwell

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”