The ongoing saga of Patch 1.18

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lhotse5

The ongoing saga of Patch 1.18

Post by Lhotse5 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 00:32

Everyday that Egosoft procrastinates on releasing the 1.18 patch, is one more day they look worse than they already do. EVERYONE is waiting to play a game, that will not play and the LEAST they could do is give us some sort of an update, everyday they don't release it.
It's just leaving us without any information, as opposed to having an assistant take 2 minutes to inform us, just makes things that much worse.

IRGhost
x4

Post by IRGhost » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 00:37

Relax man, when 1.18 is ready they'll release it.

Ranting like this won't help.

CARISMBLUE
x2

Post by CARISMBLUE » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 00:40

I rather wait a few days and get a useful patch. I really hope they have a clue where the performance problem is coming from. I can't really play at the moment with something lower than 20 FPS.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 00:52

The first couple patches were very small and out fast, and made some people upset because to help one person they messed up someone else. They said a few days ago that they were getting some new machines in to test on so thats probably whats going on. When they get a good patch ready lets hope it fixes some things we really need done, like the trading bug for many people and the graphics bug that seems to hurt us a lot. It might be a decent sized patch this next time not a few kbs. :wink:

savagetwinky

Post by savagetwinky » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:17

the only thing i'd like to see is maybe an eta on it, that way i don't have to check daily and can shove my anticipation for it to next week if they say maybe next week.

If its not ready by next week at least i know that I'll get a new update on it.

Do they have a mailing list? That way I don't even have to check, i like being lazy.

Raapys

Post by Raapys » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:23

They really should spend 2 minutes of their time to put out a small update on the major areas being worked on with the patch, as well as a rough estimate on when it's ready. That's just good PR.

That said, I expect it'll be here by midday tomorrow, friday at the latest.
Last edited by Raapys on Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:24

I do not mind waiting for a good working patch, that's fine. I would like some communication on what's going on though...

Shootist
x4

Re: The ongoing saga of Patch 1.18

Post by Shootist » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:24

Lhotse5 wrote:Everyday that Egosoft procrastinates
English isn't your first language? No one procrastinates. Patches are released when they are done.

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:30

They really should spend 2 minutes of their time to put out a small update on the major areas being worked on with the patch, as well as a rough estimate on when it's ready. That's just good PR.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 23#4251623

Might've been better to post that in the sticky but on the other hand, what CBJ says there seems like common sense to me.

My two cents: bugs can be hard to trace and software deadlines are often fluid to say the least. If they tell us "the patch will be done tomorrow" and it turns out that it isn't, people will freak out. If they play it safe and tell us "2 weeks from now" other people will freak out.

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:30

Better to wait a few days for a patch that actually fixes things than another one that breaks stuff. You know what happened with 1.17? They fixed some crashing but then broke the trading.

Nomadski
x4

Post by Nomadski » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:31

Shootist wrote:
Lhotse5 wrote:Everyday that Egosoft procrastinates
English isn't your first language? No one procrastinates. Patches are released when they are done.
The magic Patch fairy brings them along actually. They just appear on Bernd's doorstep and he puts them out. They were pretty active at first, but haven't visited for a few days as Ego haven't paid their gas bill.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:34

Pretty sure there not procrastinating more likely just trying to deliver a working fix this time.

Procrastination implies they are maybe eating donuts and saying "yeah yeah ill do it later." that's definitely not the case.
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming
Powercolor RX56 Vega Red Dragon 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 @3200MHZ
Windows 10 X64
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5058817

nathanpinard

Post by nathanpinard » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:38

They need a community manager to assist in these things. One that has direct contact to the company in person.

Freeman_79
xr

Post by Freeman_79 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:38

Nomadski wrote:The magic Patch fairy brings them along actually. They just appear on Bernd's doorstep and he puts them out. They were pretty active at first, but haven't visited for a few days as Ego haven't paid their gas bill.
Active?

I'm pretty sure Egosoft doesnt sit on their asses and rolling thumbs.
They are most likely preparing a larger patch that cover more in-game issues or even hammering out more complex issues like performance.

Its more likely that you are impatient, then they are inactive.
Just because someone doesnt pay the gas bill in time, doesnt mean he/she dont have any money. :roll:
Last edited by Freeman_79 on Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Nomadski
x4

Post by Nomadski » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:42

Freeman_79 wrote:
Nomadski wrote:The magic Patch fairy brings them along actually. They just appear on Bernd's doorstep and he puts them out. They were pretty active at first, but haven't visited for a few days as Ego haven't paid their gas bill.
Active?

They are most likely preparing a larger patch that cover more in-game issues.

Just because someone doesnt pay the gas bill in time, doesnt mean he/she dont have any money. :roll:
Yeah....I wasnt really being serious...not sure if I made that obvious enough.

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 01:44

Freeman_79 wrote:
Active?

They are most likely preparing a larger patch that cover more in-game issues.

only 2 things are certain in life.... Taxes and Human well...you know the rest.

releasing patched every single day lead to more trouble than what it was worth. they then decided that that was not the right way to do it. (my guess)

i dont mind waiting another week. i knew from the beginning it would take time. you should work on your patience.

clivos
x3

Post by clivos » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 02:02

IRGhost wrote:Relax man, when 1.18 is ready they'll release it.

FFS, posters like you IRGhost about this game really PISS me off!

I'll tell you why...

I paid £40 for a product that does not function anywhere near its advertised functionality!

Now, IRGhost, imagine that you go to a restaurant, that came recommended, because maybe you went there about 5 years ago and it was great.

You went to the same restaurant on launch day of X-Rebirth, checked out the menu. The menu advertised wonderful, tasty food and you thought to yourself "The food here looks great! I am really going to enjoy this!"

So the waiter brings your much anticipated meal and you start to eat.

The meal is awful, way below expectations and the waiter is NOT interested in your complaint!

How would you feel about that, eh?

So, my point, is twofold:

1. Egosoft have released a defective product and they better put it right asap. Do NOT dare to accuse people who have bought this product as "ranting" about its appalling state upon release. AND...

2. The OP was correct!
Last edited by clivos on Wed, 27. Nov 13, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.

Nomadski
x4

Post by Nomadski » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 02:05

clivos wrote:

I'll tell you why...

I paid £40 for a product that does not function anywhere near its advertised functionality!

Now, IRGhost, imagine that you go to a restaurant, that came recommended, because maybe you went there about 5 years ago and it was great.

You went to the same restaurant on launch day of X-Rebirth, checked out the menu. The menu advertised wonderful, tasty food and you thought to yourself "The food here looks great! I am really going to enjoy this!"

The meal is awful, way below expectations and the waiter is NOT interested in your complaint!

1. Egosoft have released a defective product and they better put it right asap. Do NOT dare to accuse people would have bought this product as "ranting" about its appalling state upon release. AND...

2. The OP was correct!
Well you are kinda ranting, and he was right that it has brought patch 1.18 exactly 0% closer to fruition.

Ive never had meals like that, then again Ive always read a good many Toptable reviews before I went.

Pora
x3tc

Post by Pora » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 02:09

I think 1.18 deserves a Soon™

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 02:11

clivos wrote:

I'll tell you why...

1. Egosoft have released a defective product and they better put it right asap. Do NOT dare to accuse people would have bought this product as "ranting" about its appalling state upon release. AND...

2. The OP was correct!
Actually, the point of IRGGhost's that you're quoting is dead on accurate--all the ranting, complaining, shouting of dissatisfaction from the roof tops is counter productive if what you really want is to see XR get patched up. The devs are working on it, and they'll release it when it's good and ready.

Got a bad meal at a restaurant? Still doesn't give you an excuse to behave like animals.
Ayn Rand was correct.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”