The ongoing saga of Patch 1.18

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

UnclePaulie
x3tc

Post by UnclePaulie » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 18:15

IRGhost wrote:Relax man, when 1.18 is ready they'll release it.

Ranting like this won't help.
Yeah, telling them everything is just great normally does the trick
Intel Core i7 quad core 3.90GHz TB
16GB corsair vengeance
120GB Samsung 6GB SSD
1TB Seagate Barracuda 64mb
NVIDIA geforce GTX770 2gb
Windows 8.1 64-bit

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 18:30

We have to strike a balance between getting a patch out as soon as we can, and making sure that enough of the most important fixes get in there to make it worth releasing. As such I can't give you an exact ETA or a precise list of what will be in it just yet, though we're getting pretty close to being able to do so. When the information is ready we'll put it up in the sticky threads for all to see.

For now, what I can say is that the primary focus has been on solving the most pressing trade problems and sorting out some of the remaining crashes. We have also started the process of improving performance for those who are having problems with that, but I should make it clear that the changes in this particular patch are just the first step on that road.

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 18:40

CBJ wrote:We have to strike a balance between getting a patch out as soon as we can, and making sure that enough of the most important fixes get in there to make it worth releasing. As such I can't give you an exact ETA or a precise list of what will be in it just yet, though we're getting pretty close to being able to do so. When the information is ready we'll put it up in the sticky threads for all to see.

For now, what I can say is that the primary focus has been on solving the most pressing trade problems and sorting out some of the remaining crashes. We have also started the process of improving performance for those who are having problems with that, but I should make it clear that the changes in this particular patch are just the first step on that road.
Thanks chap
My favourite memory of the X series was babysitting that TL across half the universe in XTension and finally arriving in Getsu Fune to be gifted the TL! I called her Big Bad Orca...

lrdkar

Post by lrdkar » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 18:46

CBJ wrote:We have to strike a balance between getting a patch out as soon as we can, and making sure that enough of the most important fixes get in there to make it worth releasing. As such I can't give you an exact ETA or a precise list of what will be in it just yet, though we're getting pretty close to being able to do so. When the information is ready we'll put it up in the sticky threads for all to see.

Thank you

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 18:48

And that is precisely the sort of update post you should be filling us in with on one of the existing stickies about patches/features being worked on! Please don't leave us all in the dark while you beaver away working on stuff, it leads to so much pointless speculation and pessimism on the boards here it's depressing lol. Even if it's just a brief update with nothing specific!

p.s. thanks for the update even if it is hidden down inside a thread here. Thankfully I'm not as impatient as some people seem to be, otherwise I might have exploded by now! haha :)

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 18:52

CBJ wrote:useful information
Please consider making your remark a sticky. Hiding down inside this thread is not helping the firestorm in your forum.

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 18:53

Curious tho, if the ground breaking patch will fix current game or will it require a restart of campaign again. Reason I ask is due to the fact I have inflicted a world of hurt vs the corp, no sure if it is recoverable from the mass of stations destroyed, not modules but the entire station.
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 19:02

Personally I plan on starting from scratch with (almost) no mods, and no saves, so I can experience what the game actually intended. The mods I'll keep are NESA and some of the animation removers (ex: walking to/from your seat).

nalim27
x4

Post by nalim27 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 19:22

Nick 031287 wrote:well my point being, the Game is not finished....

theres a diffrence between a Buggy game and a Unfinished one...

X rebirth is not finished... i wont mod a incomplete game. i'll wait till the base of the game is 100% and then mod it if i feel it needs to be.
That is not completely true - Rebirth is both - Unfinished and Buggy game.

Otherwise I agree with you.
Mine rig - X4 ready :-) Windows 10 64b
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X (stock clocks 3.7GHz + 4.3GHz boost), 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM,
GPU: AMD Vega64 8 GB HBM, played on 2569x1440, Freesync2
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCI-ex

CPU before 1.7.2018: Intel Xeon E5450@3.6GHz, 8GB DDR2 800MHz RAM,

Lhotse5

Post by Lhotse5 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 19:41

Thank you so much for the reply. :)
It means a lot. Informed consumers tend to be more understanding people and any updates you can throw our way, at any time, is much appreciated.

suFFex

Post by suFFex » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 19:51

And THIS is why i check 'CBJ's recent posts' instead of steam or the stickys - thank you for that information.
"X Rebirth is NOT X4!" - Bernd Lehahn
Quelle

Loran_69
x4

Post by Loran_69 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 19:55

Thanks a bunch CBJ for those news! :)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 19:58

graphicboy wrote:
CBJ wrote:useful information
Please consider making your remark a sticky. Hiding down inside this thread is not helping the firestorm in your forum.
Take a moment you think about what you just asked for.

Breath.

There. Got it?

Good. Because I don't really think they need to reiterate that they are working on patch 1.18 as best and as fast as they can. Also, please take a moment to appreciate the fact that we have received almost seven patches in less than two weeks.

How many patches did Aliens: Colonial Marines receive after post launch?

Nehaektas

Post by Nehaektas » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:06

Thank you mate. Keep it up, and cheer up the guys.
Not young enough to know every thing.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:12

eldyranx3 wrote:Because I don't really think they need to reiterate that they are working on patch 1.18 as best and as fast as they can. Also, please take a moment to appreciate the fact that we have received almost seven patches in less than two weeks.
That's not what he said. And all that frantic patching did more harm than good. Anything else? Good.

some1
x4

Post by some1 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:23

eldyranx3 wrote:
graphicboy wrote:
CBJ wrote:useful
Good. Because I don't really think they need to reiterate that they are working on patch 1.18 as best and as fast as they can. Also, please take a moment to appreciate the fact that we have received almost seven patches in less than two weeks.

Do you understand that patches 1.16 and 1.17 broke the game completely? It's unplayable.

FunkyFreshKilla
x3tc

Post by FunkyFreshKilla » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:31

Versus making a new sticky, he could just updated the News and Patching sticky he has already. Start with a current status of 1.18 and then when the patch is released update it with the actual notes. That way when we visit the forum we can at least see there is an update since he changes the dates.

Maybe not a patch update, but an update on the patch. :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:42

some1 wrote:
CBJ wrote:useful

Do you understand that patches 1.16 and 1.17 broke the game completely? It's unplayable.
I am sure they do and if they are not to break the game even further then they need to proceed carefully with v1.18 in order to avoid a continuance of the trend.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:48

BlackDemon wrote:Have you ever gone to make a coffee and stared at the kettle until it boils? It feels like it takes ages, doesn't it?
Must.... maintain... sanity.... while staring at it!
:lol:
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:49

wwdragon wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:Have you ever gone to make a coffee and stared at the kettle until it boils? It feels like it takes ages, doesn't it?
Must.... maintain... sanity.... while staring at it!
:lol:
Did you remember to turn it on? :P
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”