General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

reddog796
x4

Post by reddog796 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 09:58

modified
PostPosted: Wed, 27. Nov 13, 02:02 Post subject: Reply with quote Print
IRGhost wrote:
Relax man, when 1.18 is ready they'll release it.

Ranting like this won't help.

FFS, posters like you IRGhost about this game really PISS me off!

I'll tell you why...

I paid £40 for a product that does not function anywhere near its advertised functionality!

Now, IRGhost, imagine that you go to a restaurant, that came recommended, because maybe you went there about 5 years ago and it was great.

You went to the same restaurant on launch day of X-Rebirth, checked out the menu. The menu advertised wonderful, tasty food and you thought to yourself "The food here looks great! I am really going to enjoy this!"

So the waiter brings your much anticipated meal and you start to eat.

The meal is awful, way below expectations and the waiter is NOT interested in your complaint!

How would you feel about that, eh?

So, my point, is twofold:

1. Egosoft have released a defective product and they better put it right asap. Do NOT dare to accuse people who have bought this product as "ranting" about its appalling state upon release. AND...

2. The OP was correct!

bitch all you what,You still have to pay the bill!!!

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:03

If they're not releasing it, it means they're testing it... take a break, play something else.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

ravisoul
x4

Post by ravisoul » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:03

reddog796 wrote:modified
PostPosted: Wed, 27. Nov 13, 02:02 Post subject: Reply with quote Print
IRGhost wrote:
Relax man, when 1.18 is ready they'll release it.

Ranting like this won't help.

FFS, posters like you IRGhost about this game really PISS me off!

I'll tell you why...

I paid £40 for a product that does not function anywhere near its advertised functionality!

Now, IRGhost, imagine that you go to a restaurant, that came recommended, because maybe you went there about 5 years ago and it was great.

You went to the same restaurant on launch day of X-Rebirth, checked out the menu. The menu advertised wonderful, tasty food and you thought to yourself "The food here looks great! I am really going to enjoy this!"

So the waiter brings your much anticipated meal and you start to eat.

The meal is awful, way below expectations and the waiter is NOT interested in your complaint!

How would you feel about that, eh?

So, my point, is twofold:

1. Egosoft have released a defective product and they better put it right asap. Do NOT dare to accuse people who have bought this product as "ranting" about its appalling state upon release. AND...

2. The OP was correct!

bitch all you what,You still have to pay the bill!!!

still if the food is not good the 2nd time around you can ask the chef for a new plate that’s better than the 1st. that’s what’s happening here but you have to give it some time they are working on a patch we all know it they are doing their best. Still asking for a update every now and then is not that bad ofc :)

Being angry will not solve anything, just have some faith that they are doing all they can mate

Lhotse5

Post by Lhotse5 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:09

Tripp_UK wrote:I'd also like to know one game in the past five years that was released with no bugs from the start.
I'll give you 4 right from memory without even searching that hard.

Bioshock Infinite

Mass Effect 3

Dead Space 3

Dishonored

Mr.Elendig
x4

Post by Mr.Elendig » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:33

clivos wrote:JESUS H CHRIST! My final rant because I am fed up of dealing with numpties:

Listen: This game, that I paid for, that took SEVEN years of development, should have been released as bug-free as possible. The opposite is true,

SIMPLE AS THAT.
1. Get refund
2. ???
3. be just as mad at something else

Also stop preordering, because it encurages releasing unfinished products.
Last edited by Mr.Elendig on Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Maziou
x4

Post by Maziou » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:33

Lhotse5 wrote:
Tripp_UK wrote:I'd also like to know one game in the past five years that was released with no bugs from the start.
I'll give you 4 right from memory without even searching that hard.

Bioshock Infinite

Mass Effect 3

Dead Space 3

Dishonored
I agree the game was released in a piss poor state; but for gods sake man, use Google before you post.

Bioshock Infinite - http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/biosho ... bug-bypass

Mass Effect 3 - http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:List_of_Bugs

Dead Space 3 - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672892-d ... 3/65476129

Dishonored - http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dishonored

lardybloke
x3tc

Post by lardybloke » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:42

Anybody remember a PC games company called Microprose? Games that came on a dozen floppy disks and then a few months later there would be a patch disk that came through the post? Another patch disk coming through the post again a couple of months later? :evil:

It is a shame that this game isn't perfect. However, I do feel a bit sorry for Berndt. More beta testing should have been done but this is now hindsight.
The team is pulling out all the stops in trying to perfect it.

People have every right to complain and even ask for their money back. When the sort of millions are spent on some of the games that we see now then we have every right to expect a polished product. It is just a shame that Deep Silver and Egosoft have made a mistake with this. I'm sure they will learn from it and the team will soort the bugs.

Good luck Berndt and team :)

DaddyMonster

Post by DaddyMonster » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:52

I'M SO ANGRY!!! :evil:

Wait, hold on. It would seem I'm happy and content in my life and appreciating the efforts of others. Darn it, I'm posting in the wrong thread! What's this one? Oh, patch release 1.18. Wait, not 1.18! I hate that number, it's not even an integer!!! I'm getting angry, you won't like me when I'm angry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOXpKUu6pUg

Tripp_UK

Post by Tripp_UK » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 11:43

Lhotse5 wrote: I'll give you 4 right from memory without even searching that hard.

Bioshock Infinite

Mass Effect 3

Dead Space 3

Dishonored
Without searching that hard is right. Maziou pretty much beat me to the punch here, but again I'll repeat what I said hopefully it'll sink in soon. Have you considered just getting up, and walking away from the PC? Because right now you're acting like a fool, and it's embarrassing and cringe-worthy to watch to be perfectly honest with you.
Tripp_UK wrote:... engage your brain first before you engage your fingers.
So instead of complaining about this game, I decided I'll try my luck at seeing if Egosoft could use an extra BETA tester. I'd rather do something constructive with my time. Responding to this uninformed individual serves only to waste my time, to be quite honest, and I think this is last post I will make toward this... (Can't be insulting due to ToS) Person.

Oh and Lardybloke:- Hell yes I remember that.

desiriel
x4

Post by desiriel » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 12:00

I fear that a lot of people are waiting for this patch like some sort of the mythical "miracle patch" and will be disappointed.
Don't expect too much. Probably it'll create as many bugs as it'll solve old ones and things will keep going this way for the coming weeks and months.
Let's just keep our feet on the ground.
Sincerely, I'm rather skeptic about the chances that this game can turn out as we would like but patches' countdown rants aren't useful as well.

Nomenluni

Post by Nomenluni » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 12:33

This patch is going to be a good one, I can just feel it...

Praetorian
x3

Post by Praetorian » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 12:34

Nomadski wrote:Cmon man, you've been registered here since 2004. You should know that expecting a bug free Egosoft game on release is like expecting a cat to be able to recite Shakespeare, in morse code.
Please tell me which X release took them 7 years to complete except for X Rebirth?

No? Right.

Then please tell me which other X release has been as buggy as X Rebirth at launch?

Ok then.

Maybe we have a reason to be angry and disappointed. :x
Llothlian wrote:It's brilliant how anybody who enjoys the game is an idiot. Morons.
Shootist wrote:Going to be glorious watching all of you haters eat crow.

Praetorian
x3

Post by Praetorian » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 12:38

Dreez wrote:If they're not releasing it, it means they're testing it... take a break, play something else.
Lets hope they improved upon their "testing" methods then - considering what shape the game was released in. Im using the term "game" and not "stinking pile of dogpoo" because i dont want more QQ from the newfags and fanboys.
Llothlian wrote:It's brilliant how anybody who enjoys the game is an idiot. Morons.
Shootist wrote:Going to be glorious watching all of you haters eat crow.

kevin3994
x4

Post by kevin3994 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 13:16

Praetorian wrote:
Dreez wrote:If they're not releasing it, it means they're testing it... take a break, play something else.
Lets hope they improved upon their "testing" methods then - considering what shape the game was released in. Im using the term "game" and not "stinking pile of dogpoo" because i dont want more QQ from the newfags and fanboys.
Like the statement there because there are indeed alot of QQ going on. Beside that let's just hope they make this patch good without new bugs popping up. Keep you chin up all :D

Oh and btw I love your signature haha.
- Fly Safe, Dorknar

vahadar
x4

Post by vahadar » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 13:23

Seriously, you expect the game to be fixed today? Give them time, we dont want rushed patches for sure!

We are all in the same boat, and bitching aint going to make it move faster.
Last edited by vahadar on Wed, 27. Nov 13, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
X:Rebirth XML Savegame edition
Usefull workarounds and tips against bugs or being stuck

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350404

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 13:24

Praetorian wrote:
Like the endless QQ about "oh my god I have to wait another day for this patch?"

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 13:26

spacecoyote99 wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
Like the endless QQ about "oh my god I have to wait another day for this patch?"
I think he means the endless QQ about "oh noes, this is a console port".
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

red-dragon
x4

Post by red-dragon » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 13:57

Praetorian wrote:
Nomadski wrote:Cmon man, you've been registered here since 2004. You should know that expecting a bug free Egosoft game on release is like expecting a cat to be able to recite Shakespeare, in morse code.
Please tell me which X release took them 7 years to complete except for X Rebirth?

No? Right.

Then please tell me which other X release has been as buggy as X Rebirth at launch?

Ok then.

Maybe we have a reason to be angry and disappointed. :x
cant tell you any x game that took 7 years but you do have to take into account that egosoft have developed a brand new engine for xrebirth all the others used existing engines

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 14:01

lardybloke wrote:
It is a shame that this game isn't perfect. However, I do feel a bit sorry for Berndt. More beta testing should have been done but this is now hindsight.
Beta testing is not 'hindsight'. Everything needs beta testing. This did not even make it to beta to be tested anyway.

corbosman

Post by corbosman » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 14:09

I agree that Egosoft should just take their time patching, but come on, communicate already. It's getting a little ridiculous.

There should be a sticky post with daily updates on whats happening. This isn't going to make fixing it faster, but it also doesn't take much time, and it would help understanding the process behind the scenes.

I think full disclosure is always better than silence.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”