General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

some1
x4

Post by some1 » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:23

eldyranx3 wrote:
graphicboy wrote:
CBJ wrote:useful
Good. Because I don't really think they need to reiterate that they are working on patch 1.18 as best and as fast as they can. Also, please take a moment to appreciate the fact that we have received almost seven patches in less than two weeks.

How many patches did Aliens: Colonial Marines receive after post launch?
Do you understand that patches 1.16 and 1.17 broke the game completely? It's unplayable.

FunkyFreshKilla
x3tc

Post by FunkyFreshKilla » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:31

Versus making a new sticky, he could just updated the News and Patching sticky he has already. Start with a current status of 1.18 and then when the patch is released update it with the actual notes. That way when we visit the forum we can at least see there is an update since he changes the dates.

Maybe not a patch update, but an update on the patch. :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:42

some1 wrote:
CBJ wrote:useful
Good. Because I don't really think they need to reiterate that they are working on patch 1.18 as best and as fast as they can. Also, please take a moment to appreciate the fact that we have received almost seven patches in less than two weeks.

How many patches did Aliens: Colonial Marines receive after post launch?
Do you understand that patches 1.16 and 1.17 broke the game completely? It's unplayable.
I am sure they do and if they are not to break the game even further then they need to proceed carefully with v1.18 in order to avoid a continuance of the trend.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:48

BlackDemon wrote:Have you ever gone to make a coffee and stared at the kettle until it boils? It feels like it takes ages, doesn't it?
Must.... maintain... sanity.... while staring at it!
:lol:
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 20:49

wwdragon wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:Have you ever gone to make a coffee and stared at the kettle until it boils? It feels like it takes ages, doesn't it?
Did you remember to turn it on? :P
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

bunyarra

Post by bunyarra » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 21:01

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
wwdragon wrote:
Did you remember to turn it on? :P
And is it really a kettle or a figment of the imagination ... hmm .. might be a cat.

Ah ... maybe I had too long a day at work. Time for a good whiskey.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 07:42

bunyarra wrote:And is it really a kettle or a figment of the imagination ... hmm .. might be a cat.
*mutters* Never say the word kettle and cat in one sentence again ! :D :o :D
"I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game" - Bernd Lehahn
"Any fan of space simulations will find the UI in X Rebirth easy to use and much more intuitive, but the 'Trade, Fight, Build, Think' gameplay elements and interaction remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" - Bernd Lehahn
"Sir, we are lacking 'success' for a while now and must take action !" - "Okay, let's pull off an XR then!".

Solundor
x4

Post by Solundor » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 07:58

I'm a pretty mellow guy but when some people carry on about "where the 1.xx patch" it slightly annoys me so i like to think that the devs are not coming out with the patch for several months until they change the game to x3 with updated graphics and the whiners are looking at the new game with an open jaw

DemiGoth
x3ap

Post by DemiGoth » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 11:08

CBJ wrote:We have to strike a balance between getting a patch out as soon as we can, and making sure that enough of the most important fixes get in there to make it worth releasing. As such I can't give you an exact ETA or a precise list of what will be in it just yet, though we're getting pretty close to being able to do so. When the information is ready we'll put it up in the sticky threads for all to see.

For now, what I can say is that the primary focus has been on solving the most pressing trade problems and sorting out some of the remaining crashes. We have also started the process of improving performance for those who are having problems with that, but I should make it clear that the changes in this particular patch are just the first step on that road.
Finally! You guys are starting on the performance problems. I have already filed for a refund through Steam (based upon EU/Dutch law), but if you guys hurry and get it fixed before Steam grants it I'll just cancel the refund request and will actually start to play X Rebirth ;-)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”