9 in 10 people who bought XR have stopped playing

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Praetorian
x3

Post by Praetorian » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 14:54

FinWiz wrote:Actually the word I used was flawless, not awesome and there is pretty good reason why I picked that exact word. There is nothing wrong with someone saying that this game is awesome but you were implying that they are ignoring all the issues which is pretty much as saying that the game would be flawless
Well i linked you someone saying the game was fantastic, that those worried had nothing to worry about and absolutely no mention of bugs/issues = "flawless" in my book. Anyway, its not really important. Its clear you are set in your mind to defend this game and im set in my mind to do the opposite so we pretty much read into texts what we want to read. :)
FinWiz wrote:This is a very interesting conversation but unfortunately horribly of topic though.
Quite off topic. You can try to defend your point of view all day long but it still goes to show what was promised to us and what the majority of people do not feel was delivered.

Hence the sharp drop in sales and reputation wrecking reviews.

So anyway, as long as its a "plan economy" and the player is the only one who actually have money, its entirely make believe.

Let me put in another way. Why would you even try and interrupt the supply chain? It has no point, except hurt your own ability to function (unless you made an empire that produces all - at which point you pretty much "won" the game anyway). If it had a "real" economy, the game could potentially have you wipe Corporations out by ruining them financially (and new could spawn and take their place - hey maybe even introduce diplomacy! Sorry, getting carried along here :P). Depth you know. But it has nothing and it delivers nothing. Its shallow. Make believe.

If you are satisfied with this thats great for you. For the majority of us complaining it just isnt enough and its just one of the many symptoms of a very ill patient if you ask me.
Llothlian wrote:It's brilliant how anybody who enjoys the game is an idiot. Morons.
Shootist wrote:Going to be glorious watching all of you haters eat crow.

CptJackSparrow

Post by CptJackSparrow » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 15:17

Lyth wrote:
Gupster wrote:I stopped playing Rebirth 2 days after it was released, i just fire it up now to try the latest patches which so far have done nothing to improve performance on my rig at all.
I completed the campaign, 52 hours of my life I will never get back, would rather have smoked 2000 cigs back to back and had a pulmonary or prolapse which still would have been less stressful and painful than playing X Rebirth. My happiest moment was when I uninstalled it.

I actually trapped one of my testicles at one point whilst grabbing my keyboard and it was a measure of relief compared to playing the game, how anyone could enjoy spending a full quarter of their game time traveling through space highways and say it is exciting is beyond me.

CptJackSparrow wrote:
Usenko wrote:Speaking as a scientifically literate person, one would also have to see a "control" - that is, what are the figures on any other game?

By which I mean that even the best game in the world would probably have a fairly rapid drop-off (because most people have little patience, and it takes time to get to know a game to the point where you understand how to get the best out of it, especially for simulators).
Seriously? Well if it helps egosoft sleep better at night, keep telling yourselves that.
I'm actually pretty sure Usenko does sleep well at night because he is a good person. Hate the game by all means but please don't look for people to hate, especially people that are here to help.
i did not say "yourself" i said "egosoft" Usenkos post is company scripted.

FinWiz

Post by FinWiz » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 15:42

Just wanting to point out that I only defend the games that I think reveive unneccesery amounts of hate or/and critizism. I don't bother defending games like ME, Battlefield and so on but I did defend Planetside 2, very good game but had all kinds of problems on it's own.

This is off topic because thread was about players have stopped playing.

You did pretty good job turning a discussion about whether you can affect the economy or not into a argument about issues and how things could have been done differently. Point at which it's obvious that one can't disagreed with proper arguments.

In my original post I took stance on you saying:
"So all in all we're all finding out its just a shallow excuse for a X game. The 4 cornerstones being touted in the release post are either non existant or severely limited."
You can trade
You can fight
You can build
You can think
Whether you like the way it's done or not is beyond me and up to you. One trades to make money and others because they want to make difference. I won't overshadow any on topic conversation any further.

For a topic, those steamcharts won't show amount of players waiting for the game to be fixed. Doesn't change the fact that drop-off is horrible but has to be remembered.
How can you say there is no game under the bugs when bugs so far have prevented us from fully playing it.

"One should strive to achieve, not sit in bitter regret."
-VNV Nation

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 15:44

CptJackSparrow wrote:i did not say "yourself" i said "egosoft" Usenkos post is company scripted.
You don't get the point.
Usenko =/= Egosoft.

Usenko is just a voluntary moderator on this forum and there are also several other moderators getting flamed for Rebirths bad launch. Nothing they, as forum moderators, have any part in.

Stop doing it.

Now, if someone is posting as "Bernd" or "Developer" then I call them fair game.

Commonsens

Post by Commonsens » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 15:46

Bottom line is this a product who has been pushed out before it was completed and checked correctly, as any product should, in order to profit of the holidays. In plain: an uncompleted and watered down beta labelled as "final release".

This sub standard product has tempted to stretch the boundaries of the acceptable because of the current regulations on software who basically protect the industry (no refund). This won't do. Customers (even if you want to tone it down by calling them gamers) has the right to have what they paid for and the producer the obligation to deliver what was advertised.

After 5 patches (as the 6th 1.19c cannot be considered as such as it is not publicly available to all and is called beta) the product is still NOT functioning and the game, even after patch, does not have the advertised features he was sold under, which is a breach (a steal) and should be treated as such.

As proof: customers stopped to enjoy or use the product they bought as it is SO watered down and badly built (read uncompleted) that ii simply do not work!

This will lead many customers to make pressure on the political body to have changes made on software laws, bounding the software industry to follow the same standards and repercussion as any other products (aka: force them to refunds their customers) and force the gaming industry to return to a "quality before release" philosophy. (imaging if your food or meds be produced and sold the same way as this game: will you eat it?)

Selling this software (or anything else) is such state is an abnormality; doesn't matter that it happen so much in this industry, its NOT because it happen so much now that it should be normality! Luckly, Star Citizen will show how a game should be delivered, customers will learn what normality is or should be and in the end, Dev like Egosoft will have to stop their current practices and thrive for quality before release....or go bankrupt.

@Pretorian: you are absolutely right and beside, Egosoft has LOST all rights to complain about anything OR ask anything... until their product works correctly and has ALL the features THEY advertised that product under in order to get the customers money are present.
Last edited by Commonsens on Sat, 7. Dec 13, 16:05, edited 5 times in total.

Praetorian
x3

Post by Praetorian » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 15:51

FinWiz wrote:In my original post I took stance on you saying:
"So all in all we're all finding out its just a shallow excuse for a X game. The 4 cornerstones being touted in the release post are either non existant or severely limited."
You can trade
You can fight
You can build
You can think
Whether you like the way it's done or not is beyond me and up to you. One trades to make money and others because they want to make difference. I won't overshadow any on topic conversation any further.
I just want to point out what Egosoft thinks the 4 cornerstones are for X Rebirth - http://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php

And i said they were either non existant or severely limited in their delivered product (aka X Rebirth). Which again made people stop playing it. So i was on topic until someone derailed it by trying to press the issue that trade was indeed fully functional as claimed by the above link. (Maybe with some patching).

Either way those 4 lines (You can think - no kidding ;)) pretty much describes my own life, they are that broad. Its the descriptions Egosoft put on those 4 that makes the difference. And pissed us off.
Llothlian wrote:It's brilliant how anybody who enjoys the game is an idiot. Morons.
Shootist wrote:Going to be glorious watching all of you haters eat crow.

splatweb

Post by splatweb » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 16:24

Cougar81 wrote: They had a product line that was increasingly more popular and had built a player base that was ready for adaptive changes - but imo instead of giving players *exactly* what they wanted (skyrim - which is a gazillion hours of playable -- im almost up to 1000 hrs played) --- ES has forced their own vision onto the players which hasnt so far worked out that well
This is exactly what happened with Sim City. When a games has an active community like the X Trilogy, and Sim City, the devs need to learn to listen and take input, and more importantly translate that input into the game the long term users want. I understand wanting to break into new markets, but is a very high risk strategy to change a game so much that you risk alienating your current player base, to chase a prospective player base that you may not even win over.

From what I can gather Elite:Dangerous (arguably the godfather of this type of game) is doing just that. I haven't donated so I'm not privvie to the dev forums, but I don't see hoards of people screaming there input is been ignored as you would expect if they weren't taking note.

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 18:00

On a semi-related note....interesting tidbit about Valve/Steam: They have an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/b ... -27030704/

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 18:18

splatweb wrote:From what I can gather Elite:Dangerous (arguably the godfather of this type of game) is doing just that. [...] I don't see hoards of people screaming their input is been ignored as you would expect if they weren't taking note.
As the game hasn't been released, how on earth would they know whether to scream or not ?

I would predict (with a good degree of quiet confidence) that there will be a fair bit of "I paid $250, and all I got was THIS !!!" going on, both for ED and SC.
Usenko wrote:I'm an Australian high school teacher who thinks Egosoft forum is a wonderful place to waste hours and hours. Especially off-topic.
How dare you suggest that time spent in Off-Topic is ever wasted :o

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

splatweb

Post by splatweb » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 18:46

I'm not convinced.

I reckon Braban has his head screwed on, he knows people are looking for Frontier:Elite with 3D and multiplayer, I reckon he will deliver it, but I guess we will wait and see.

vargata
x3ap

Post by vargata » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 18:56

pr0nflakes wrote:
CptJackSparrow wrote:
Usenko wrote:Speaking as a scientifically literate person, one would also have to see a "control" - that is, what are the figures on any other game?

By which I mean that even the best game in the world would probably have a fairly rapid drop-off (because most people have little patience, and it takes time to get to know a game to the point where you understand how to get the best out of it, especially for simulators).
Seriously? Well if it helps egosoft sleep better at night, keep telling yourselves that.
He only Mods the forums, If you're gunna fling shit need to make sure it will stick.
Actually I don't like personal attacks, I do it too sometimes, especially when somebody say something very silly. I don't know Usenko, he might be a nice guy, but saying "people have little patience, and it takes time to get to know a game" to those had patience, learned and got used to X3 controls, at least for me, far over the simply "silly". It's close to be offensive like saying "you are retards". And it seems I'm not the only one feel like this.
wolvern: try play it again in January
vargata: which year january?
savagetwinky: January isn't a year, did you mean 2014? :rofl:

vargata: who had that silly idea that the future ppl will build their cities into dangerous dust and asteroid clouds?
BinarySlave: NASA? As far as I am informed, they are still following this totally dumb idea to harvest all kinds of valuable minerals. And this in space, these idiots. :rofl:

dzhedzho
x4

Post by dzhedzho » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 19:27

vargata wrote:
pr0nflakes wrote:
CptJackSparrow wrote:

He only Mods the forums, If you're gunna fling shit need to make sure it will stick.

Actually I don't like personal attacks, I do it too sometimes, especially when somebody say something very silly. I don't know Usenko, he might be a nice guy, but saying "people have little patience, and it takes time to get to know a game" to those had patience, learned and got used to X3 controls, at least for me, far over the simply "silly". It's close to be offensive like saying "you are retards". And it seems I'm not the only one feel like this.

Yup, I got all the previous X games, It's weird how I can't figure out this one.

I haven't figured out (after 70 hrs spent) how to -

Add crew or drones on a ship without a dock.
Make ships other than the skunk eject wares, or transfer cargo.
Issue commands to my ships.
Set prices to my stations.
Get to 3rd person view, or turn my head.
Target the next/closest enemy.
Set shortcut for my inventory and property menus

Could somebody smarter than me please tell me how I can do these things?

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 19:43

dzhedzho wrote:I haven't figured out (after 70 hrs spent) how to -

At the risk of sounding fatuous, I think you will be able to achieve most (if not all) of these things by waiting until these are patched in.

Should they have already been there ? Certainly.

Will they be fixed ? Very probably.

I doubt that that was the answer you were looking for though, so I apologise unreservedly in advance for the anguish I cause. Sorry.

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

vargata
x3ap

Post by vargata » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 20:40

Rug wrote:
dzhedzho wrote:I haven't figured out (after 70 hrs spent) how to -

At the risk of sounding fatuous, I think you will be able to achieve most (if not all) of these things by waiting until these are patched in.

Should they have already been there ? Certainly.

Will they be fixed ? Very probably.

I doubt that that was the answer you were looking for though, so I apologise unreservedly in advance for the anguish I cause. Sorry.

Rug
yes it sounds like that :) The problem is that most of us would answer your second question with: unlikely. not because of these, these are "simple" design flaws, just examples, there are lot worse than these.

vargata: who had that silly idea that the future ppl will build their cities into dangerous dust and asteroid clouds?
BinarySlave: NASA? As far as I am informed, they are still following this totally dumb idea to harvest all kinds of valuable minerals. And this in space, these idiots. :rofl:

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 01:00

Rug, I absolutely adore that your name is Rug. Kudos.

Also, I am one of the 9 out of 10 that has stopped playing X:Rebirth.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 01:03

@Berhg--thanks for gracing us with your presence. How are things going in the outside world?
Ayn Rand was correct.

vargata
x3ap

Post by vargata » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 01:06

jasonbarron wrote:@Berhg--thanks for gracing us with your presence. How are things going in the outside world?
same for you. How are things going in the outside world?

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 01:09

vargata wrote:
jasonbarron wrote:@Berhg--thanks for gracing us with your presence. How are things going in the outside world?
same for you. How are things going in the outside world?
The extent of my "outside world" experience this past week has been looking at the thermometer which has been averaging about -30 Fahrenheit...been playing the hell out of XR just to stay warm.
Ayn Rand was correct.

steelgrey75
x3ap

Post by steelgrey75 » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 01:11

Lyth wrote:I actually trapped one of my testicles at one point whilst grabbing my keyboard and it was a measure of relief compared to playing the game, how anyone could enjoy spending a full quarter of their game time traveling through space highways and say it is exciting is beyond me.
:lol:

MasterBata
x4

Post by MasterBata » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 10:25

splatweb wrote:I'm not convinced.

I reckon Braban has his head screwed on, he knows people are looking for Frontier:Elite with 3D and multiplayer, I reckon he will deliver it, but I guess we will wait and see.
Huh, I thought all of the Elite games were in 3D ;)
I wouldn't be so certain that he can deliver, remember First Encounters? It was a bugfest, not unlike X:R.

Regarding the topic of this thread - I am not one of the 9/10 that stopped playing, I am the 1/10 that didn't even get to play because of horrid performance :lol:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”