What have you done?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Re: What have you done?

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 14:20

AjRyder wrote:Wow looking at the new X game, it looks like you have gone backwards instead of forwards...

So happy I left the X universe now, trying to get X on the consoles, was the worst thing you have ever done...

The in game graphics look dated, out of touch with newer games coming on the market. Like Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous.

I am beta testing Elite at the moment, and I have had to re learn how to fight in space, it is much, much harder... Gives you the feeling that things are going wrong, esp when you cockpit starts filling with smoke!

It is a shame that X got rebirth wrong, I was hoping for much better. However I know Egosoft, they will not let this hurt them. I am sure they can sort out these mistakes in the next game they bring out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NoHAzwXDL0

That makes all the difference having brilliant game play, you want to feel like you are there.

In older X games, I had that feeling, loved Terran conflict, the game had the right balance... I do feel you have lost something with Rebirth, maybe you put to much into the game. Do we really need to walk around the space stations? The graphics inside look basic at best. I do remember you was going to do this a while back, however it never made it into game back then.

I think you should keep the game simple, like Elite, or indeed like Prelude.

Well, on graphics i doubt that this is comparable... Far less things to show, space is not that great, etc...

Moreover, it doesn't seems that we can attack ship on its engine or other modules. It is just a little exemple of what are the differences between the 2 games : Elites seems to be a fight game. When you play X game, you don't search only fight.

Star Citizen is not "Nowadays". Star Citizen will not launch before 2015/2016 and the requirements (for the moment) are for 2020 computers :D
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

Rabiator der II.
x3ap

Post by Rabiator der II. » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 14:27

BigBANGtheory wrote:The simulated mechanics aren't so bad, its more the human/player interaction and gameplay mechanics that have been rushed. Its as if the sandbox and environment has been in development for a long time but the actual game layered on top has been rushed. At least that is how I see it, for all its criticisms XR does have some good things going for it at the core.
So far I see one core thing where XR actually brought something new and better compared to X3:
The economy is cheating less, ships are actually built from resources instead of magically appearing in shipyards. The reports about shipyards being blocked for more or less stupid reasons can be attributed to rushed development. I'm optimistic that this will be sorted out :).

Otherwise, we got some eye candy over X3 (not always well executed) and some questionable features.
I mean the highways and the whole walking-on-station thing. Both seem salvageable if used a bit differently, but in their current form I'm not impressed.

Last and worst, station building in XR seems quite a step back, even compared to the painful mess complex building was in X3. The freedom to build everywhere and design our own complexes is gone, instead we have two building slots per zone and fixed upgrade paths for stations. :roll:
Gazz in the LT forum:
In X3, piracy is not implemented at all. All the "pirates" that fly around are bands of roaming psychopaths that destroy everything they see without even trying to loot anything.

AjRyder
x3ap

Re: What have you done?

Post by AjRyder » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 14:31

Cabrelbeuk wrote:
AjRyder wrote:Wow looking at the new X game, it looks like you have gone backwards instead of forwards...

So happy I left the X universe now, trying to get X on the consoles, was the worst thing you have ever done...

The in game graphics look dated, out of touch with newer games coming on the market. Like Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous.

I am beta testing Elite at the moment, and I have had to re learn how to fight in space, it is much, much harder... Gives you the feeling that things are going wrong, esp when you cockpit starts filling with smoke!

It is a shame that X got rebirth wrong, I was hoping for much better. However I know Egosoft, they will not let this hurt them. I am sure they can sort out these mistakes in the next game they bring out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NoHAzwXDL0

That makes all the difference having brilliant game play, you want to feel like you are there.

In older X games, I had that feeling, loved Terran conflict, the game had the right balance... I do feel you have lost something with Rebirth, maybe you put to much into the game. Do we really need to walk around the space stations? The graphics inside look basic at best. I do remember you was going to do this a while back, however it never made it into game back then.

I think you should keep the game simple, like Elite, or indeed like Prelude.

Well, on graphics i doubt that this is comparable... Far less things to show, space is not that great, etc...

Moreover, it doesn't seems that we can attack ship on its engine or other modules. It is just a little exemple of what are the differences between the 2 games : Elites seems to be a fight game. When you play X game, you don't search only fight.

Star Citizen is not "Nowadays". Star Citizen will not launch before 2015/2016 and the requirements (for the moment) are for 2020 computers :D
Elite is not just a fight game, it will have all the trading aspects the original Elite had... However as I have said many times before, with a staged release of the main game, and then the extras being added later, this will give Elite Danerous the advantage over other games, and companies... Let us not forget Frontier Developments, were the first to make a game of this type, with 30 years experience, they really do not mess around like other companies...

Also this type of game is David's baby, he changed the world of gaming thanks to Elite, so he really wants this, as much as we do, to be a better game then all the rest, I can see this besting games like Eve, without any doubt... Its those little extras he is putting into the game, that makes you go WOW...

Like just leaving your ship sitting in space, and watching your ship screen start freezing over. Little touches and great graphics go a long way.
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 14:40

Rabiator der II. wrote: So far I see one core thing where XR actually brought something new and better compared to X3:
The economy is cheating less, ships are actually built from resources instead of magically appearing in shipyards.
Actually the production tree is better as well, but it would need a much higher station count, which makes it a drawback atm.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 15:43

AjRyder wrote: I mean take a look at this demo!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM
this video is poo quality
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 16:21

AjRyder wrote:
TheRealBix wrote:
jeroll3d wrote: IL2 cost 60$ early access to me in time, and have all assistance, etc, etc, etc. Anyway... 150$ is very out for many peaple...
But I really don't understand what you mean.. They give you the game at the release if you back them with only 20$.. You can also have access to all builds (from prototypes to alpha/beta/final release) for a back of 75$ !
If you back them with 150$ you'll get much more things :)
You also forgot to add, you get ALL expansion updates, that come out when the game releases. Unlike Egosoft... So think about it. You have paid around £180 for all the X games.

With frontier, you will not do that, that is a major difference. And when we mean expansions, we are on about flying down to planet surfaces, and so on....

So yeah you can stick with X series, but you will be paying a hell of a lot more, just for a lot less content...

And bugs, well I am testing Beta, and so far with the missions, not a bug in sight. The Alpha team are doing an amazing job, of making sure the game is bug free for release...

Oh did I mention the 600 billion star systems, the game is based on our own galaxy... Now that is something pretty amazing. :lol:
Space Engine is FREE, infinity space, in fase test of th physics, land infinite planets, grapshics very, and very scellent now, spaceships, (very easy MOD), good assistance from Space Enginer and forum. Suport Oculos Rift too... donations any $ , (1 dollar or 10 dollars to the game developter).

But, more important: is free! Now, please, stop merchandise in this tópico or remove to OFF topic.
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 16:35

AjRyder wrote:Also having looked at Star Citizen, it does not look as good as many people think... I mean take a look at this demo!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM
It looks great considering that that is the Multiplayer Alpha Test build.

And no, I am not praising SC due to my pledges. I was hoping to fill in the time up to releases with Rebirth, however Egosoft failed to deliver. Also pledged for ED but not really looking forward to that one.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 22:40

Space Engine is FREE, infinity space, in fase test of th physics, land infinite planets, grapshics very, and very scellent now, spaceships, (very easy MOD), good assistance from Space Enginer and forum. Suport Oculos Rift too... donations any $ , (1 dollar or 10 dollars to the game developter).

But, more important: is free! Now, please, stop merchandise in this tópico or remove to OFF topic.[/quote]

So in your eyes games should be free, because the people who write them should not earn money from them, is that right!!!

I totally disagree with the waffle, you have just written.

The people making SC & ED are doing it, because they have a vision on what good games look like...

ED because it is celebrating the birth of modern gaming...

SC because the chap that is making the game, never got what he wanted out of other games...

Both have visions of what GOOD GAMES LOOK LIKE... And to me that is important.

So stop your moaning, and go play rebirth, if you can get past the bugs. :wink:

Oh and learn how to spell!!!
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 23:18

AjRyder"

"Space Engine is FREE, infinity space, in fase test of th physics, land infinite planets, grapshics very, and very scellent now, spaceships, (very easy MOD), good assistance from Space Enginer and forum. Suport Oculos Rift too... donations any $ , (1 dollar or 10 dollars to the game developter)"

ME - But, more important: is free! Now, please, stop merchandise in this tópico or remove to OFF topic.
So in your eyes games should be free, because the people who write them should not earn money from them, is that right!!!

I totally disagree with the waffle, you have just written.

The people making SC & ED are doing it, because they have a vision on what good games look like...

ED because it is celebrating the birth of modern gaming...

SC because the chap that is making the game, never got what he wanted out of other games...

Both have visions of what GOOD GAMES LOOK LIKE... And to me that is important.

So stop your moaning, and go play rebirth, if you can get past the bugs. :wink:

No. Is free. Donantion if you can. Today, complete 15.000 to new version 1.0 All games need money, no is secret. BUT, NO, this topic is only merchandise. Nothing, nothing helps, nothing suggests. Just talking about another game. Just that and only that and that's about it.YES should be moved to off topic. It's just a topic to speak ill of the XR using the excuse of comparison.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 23:35

Moderators, please

In here, community exist many people of the other country.

Please, stop this argument stupid:
So stop your moaning, and go play rebirth, if you can get past the bugs. Wink

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 23:40

Indeed, and since it's the OP who is not only trying to tell people what they can and can't post and how to do it, but also turning this into yet another discussion of other games for which there are plenty of existing threads over in the off-topic forum, down it goes.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”