Patch 2.0 Public Beta (RC 10)!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sun, 18. May 14, 00:49

I think one of the biggest things I want for nuts and bolts features is a bit of FOV adjustment and free look.

As a bit of feed back the new ships are great, I like the idea for the more heavily armed merchant ships

New radar is really, really good.

Clintcom
x3ap

Post by Clintcom » Sun, 18. May 14, 02:23

Nice work on the beta guy's. Free look would be very nice in the future. :wink:

ThommoHawk
x4

Re: 2.0

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 18. May 14, 14:38

JClosed wrote:
Cabrelbeuk wrote:
ThommoHawk wrote:1) this game is still for baby fairground bumper car drivers, not space pilots. on collision your shield depletes, but no hull damage Rolling Eyes = fail.
Disagreeing, new highways would be way too dangerous. New balanced combat make this game enough difficult for me. If i want to die every 5 min, i'll play to Dark Souls.
Agree - the new balance in combat does not let you blast anything away. I got my fair share of hull damage several times, and have been blown away also several times before I realized it was not longer an walk in the park.

(Of topic: Dark Souls is indeed an great but hard game. Not for the faint of hart - that's for sure :wink: )
^ just wondering if any of you guys are using flight stick and proper throttle control at all? It may be irrational of me but I suspect not ... just a hunch, could be wrong of course. If you are using joysticks and still feel that way then good luck to you.

Anyway for me it's just wimpy and immersion breaking if there are no consequences like hull damage / ship destruction on collision. I don't get close to the "I am a space man, space pilot" feel from the X3 games. The X Rebirth cockpits do not quite make up for this and any potential for immersion is wasted due the "I am a fairground toy bumper car driver" feel... (and no cockpit POV look-around).

The patch is good, just not there for me yet, and I'm keeping the fingers crossed for eventual collision consequence becoming at least an option to select.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

bambly
xr

Post by bambly » Sun, 18. May 14, 17:15

Surely egosoft could make collision hull damage an option in the game settings. That way everyone would be happy.
Also does anyone find that if you send two ships to a target they end up colliding and deplete their shields. I sent two taranas destroyers to attack a xenon k and they got wiped out because their shields were gone. Still looked very cool though!
Last edited by bambly on Sun, 18. May 14, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Re: 2.0

Post by jeroll3d » Sun, 18. May 14, 17:22

ThommoHawk wrote: Snip
The patch is good, just not there for me yet, and I'm keeping the fingers crossed for eventual collision consequence becoming at least an option to select.
External Cameras - (with litle movement aleatory, like X10 Plane [game fly simulator]). Movementt internal camera too...

:roll:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sun, 18. May 14, 21:01

NZ-Wanderer wrote:
jasonbarron wrote:Hey fellow forum goers...how is version 2.0 stacking up? I haven't played in months, and I'm wondering if the changes add up to a worthwhile reason for a restart?
Personally I would say go for it :)
While there is still a lot that people seem to be waiting for, this new 2.0 beta is a major step up (in my own opinion) - I am actually really enjoying playing now (although I haven't done the plot as yet, amd having too much fun in free play..
The fighting seems harder to me even in easy mode, but I am terrible at that.. - I think I would hate to try it in hard mode.

But as I said, give it a go, what have you got to lose (apart from a few hours if you don't like it) - you may be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks for the response, NZ-Wanderer:) I enjoyed my initial playthrough back during the release (I logged in almost 200 hours, so money well spent in my OP), but decided to put the game up until they developed some more serious content. The change log for 2.0 reads well, but it is obvious that XR has a LONG way to go before it's going to be anywhere near to being considered "finished". With that said, I've tried 2.0 out with a fresh start and have to say it has come a long way since release, much more fun, much more pretty & atmospheric (highways, I'm looking at you!), so I have to say that I'm pleased to see Egosoft sticking by their product. Now if only they would learn the value of publishing some kind of concrete roadmap for the future...
Ayn Rand was correct.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Mon, 19. May 14, 06:27

Does anybody know if the new cockpit designs are available for purchase in the campaign?
Ayn Rand was correct.

MAUCorp
x3tc

Post by MAUCorp » Mon, 19. May 14, 06:53

Yes, they are. From a mechanic. Roughly 80-95k installation fee IIRC. An encyc tab allows you to preview each before purchase too.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Mon, 19. May 14, 07:12

Thanks MAUCorp :)
Ayn Rand was correct.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 19. May 14, 18:12

A few more fixes for you in RC10.

GreasyBaz
x3tc

Post by GreasyBaz » Mon, 19. May 14, 18:38

Part of me wants to say can us non-beta testers play it yet??? Pretty please??? The other half is watching in interest as the release candidates appear and thanking Egosoft and all the beta testers for putting in the hard work to finish 2.0.

I will wait patiently for the final version to appear.

(twiddles thumbs... ...F5...F5....F5!!!!)

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 19. May 14, 19:14

GreasyBaz wrote:Part of me wants to say can us non-beta testers play it yet??? Pretty please??? The other half is watching in interest as the release candidates appear and thanking Egosoft and all the beta testers for putting in the hard work to finish 2.0.

It has been released for Public Beta, that means you can play it too, here is the link to join the Beta Testers:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=355582

Pretty please do a back up of your save games before joining in, and have fun as it is just trying new things and reporting bugs.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Mon, 19. May 14, 19:17

CBJ wrote:A few more fixes for you in RC10.
The guys no sleep, no food, no drink... just work... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks CBJ.
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 19. May 14, 19:30

GreasyBaz wrote:Part of me wants to say can us non-beta testers play it yet??? Pretty please??? The other half is watching in interest as the release candidates appear and thanking Egosoft and all the beta testers for putting in the hard work to finish 2.0.

Oi! GreasyBaz! No! Have a word with your idle thumb twiddling self, activate beta d/l in steam and get playing. We will not accept this half hearted response. The half that wants to opt in is the correct one - more of us trying the new features early means faster fixes for any new issues that sneak in. Do it, and do it now. That is all.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

GreasyBaz
x3tc

Post by GreasyBaz » Mon, 19. May 14, 19:38

Santi, YorrickVander, thanks! I've just downloaded the beta (which was surprisingly easy). Time for some 2.0 goodness!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. May 14, 19:54

@ All. Have fun with 2.0 RC10 :D but remember that all Public Beta issue reports, feedback and detailed questions belong in the X Rebirth - Patch Public Beta forum and not here in this thread, nor in the X Rebirth Universe or Tech Sp forums. Thanks. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Freespirit2000

Post by Freespirit2000 » Mon, 19. May 14, 22:24

Alan Phipps wrote:@ All. Have fun with 2.0 RC10 :D but remember that all Public Beta issue reports, feedback and detailed questions belong in the X Rebirth - Patch Public Beta forum and not here in this thread, nor in the X Rebirth Universe or Tech Sp forums. Thanks. :)
But why X Rebirth - Patch Public Beta forum is not listed in the Main Forum Index?? I think that's why people create new posts in wrong forum.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. May 14, 22:55

... That forum is known to you if you have signed up for it and can get the Public Beta download to comment on it because you will have read the rules and gained the access from there! Anyway most public beta testers seem to manage OK, so let's move back on topic which is general discussion of the impact of 2.0 on the community.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 20. May 14, 00:32

When did the boarding logic change to cap the "exploit" of being able to board blue ships with no (or minimal) rep loss?

The traitor drone trick - I have used it previously on Blue Arawns and not had any noticeable permenant rep loss but at least as of V2.0 RC10 I have gone from +10 to -17 for HOA.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

dmace
x3tc

Post by dmace » Tue, 20. May 14, 01:36

I took a few months off X-Rebirth to let them resolve a few issues as it was too easy and getting from one side of the galaxy too another was just boring. Have now come back and have to say I'm really enjoying it, great work Egosoft. I love the new Highways, much quicker and more fun. I'm playing on Medium and have died a few times, which is something that didn't happen at all in my previous game.

I look forward to seeing what direction you'll be taking the game in the future.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”