Patch 2.0 Public Beta (RC 10)!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 16. May 14, 23:20

CBJ wrote:We've updated the Patch Public Beta to RC8, with more fixes and a reduced memory footprint which should help with the stability issues that some of you were experiencing with RC7.
Geee, I goto work for one night and when I get home there is a 131MB download to do of X-Rebirth.. - Don't you guys ever sleep :)

Great job, can't wait to try it out...

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 16. May 14, 23:22

Impressive!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 17. May 14, 00:24

NZ-Wanderer wrote:
CBJ wrote:We've updated the Patch Public Beta to RC8, with more fixes and a reduced memory footprint which should help with the stability issues that some of you were experiencing with RC7.
Geee, I goto work for one night and when I get home there is a 131MB download to do of X-Rebirth.. - Don't you guys ever sleep :)

Putting out patches at 10-11pm on a friday is dedication. Someone phone those people pizza and beer. And maybe gifts for their loved ones to ease the pain when they unchain themselves from the keyboards :)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 17. May 14, 00:29

Nice :)

Cant wait for disappearing items bug to get fixed it's pretty annoying and it is putting my stations out of business :headbang: (Items actually don't disappear. NPC just don't complete their trades and all my items are put in on hold....) Anyway keep up a good job and im looking forward to new update ;)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 17. May 14, 00:43

YorrickVander wrote:
NZ-Wanderer wrote:

Putting out patches at 10-11pm on a friday is dedication. Someone phone those people pizza and beer. And maybe gifts for their loved ones to ease the pain when they unchain themselves from the keyboards :)
Perhaps some Aloe cream, those chains really chaff :lol:
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sat, 17. May 14, 01:37

Hey fellow forum goers...how is version 2.0 stacking up? I haven't played in months, and I'm wondering if the changes add up to a worthwhile reason for a restart?
Ayn Rand was correct.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 17. May 14, 02:01

Thank you, Ego.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 17. May 14, 02:18

Love!! The new graphics for people and stations, the metal in certain parts of a Station looks more shiny and peoples faces look more detailed, never noticed this until I entered the Sector before Far Out, it was like I entered a Sand Storm, the colours of peoples clothes, faces, the light was really gritty etc.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 17. May 14, 05:01

jasonbarron wrote:Hey fellow forum goers...how is version 2.0 stacking up? I haven't played in months, and I'm wondering if the changes add up to a worthwhile reason for a restart?
^ personally, not for me, though it is a nice patch. (I would have thought it more like v.1.5) I have had to change a minor detail in my sig because of this, now reads "... waiting for ... v.3.1", (instead of 2.1) :)

I checked out Roguey's demo of the basics, and although it is looking MUCH better it still lacks these crucial details for my requirements, from the piloting angle;

1) this game is still for baby fairground bumper car drivers, not space pilots. on collision your shield depletes, but no hull damage :roll: = fail.

2) was not clear but seems although auto pilot is now available (great!) Still not the case when piloting drones? Someone please confirm.

3) NO Cockpit POV (player Point Of View /freeview whatever it's called) YET.

The new cockpits are GREAT, Egosoft, but also further emphasise how fubar it is to pilot with your head fused to the pilot chair. C'mon, you gotta swivel your ENTIRE SHIP around to look up/down/left/right? Nah. I don't think so.

The BEST thing I noticed about the new cockpits is RenOtanis hands are no longer being animated on the controls! That's great, I hated it. :)

And the half hit box ship thing is sill an issue I think ...

So now I'm waiting for Patch version 3.1.

The Player Ship should feel like a ship, and the player should feel like a Pilot. With skills to acquire and master, achieve etc. ah well, back to AP for me.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

rifter08
x4

Post by rifter08 » Sat, 17. May 14, 05:39

First of it.s great to see big changes, the new graphics settings have made quite an improvement. I use the No Fog mod as it helps greatly for FPS, but an official option would be preferred.
The new highway system? Slipstreaming is a hell of a lot harder. The precision needed is a joke, and when i do manage to get behind i always end up just smashing into the ship in front and knocking them of into space, only to slowdown again. In fact collisions happen constantly, Auto pilot seem to work well (In highway) but it would be great if Z or LB worked so you don't have to disable Auto before exiting. In fact any control input should cancel auto, like previous games. I use the controller mostly and there seems to be no quick way of cancelling auto aside from SFT A or context menu.
The new cockpits are a great change, we were told before release that customisation of the Skunk would be a feature and i hope this is a small step towards that.
Keep up the good work.
Also, Secret Service Mission? little help.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sat, 17. May 14, 07:26

@ThommoHawk, thanks for the response
Ayn Rand was correct.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sat, 17. May 14, 08:08

Just tried it on a new rig, performance is good: 4670K, GTX760, not counting frames but feels very smooth on high settings.

Artean
x4

Re: 2.0

Post by Artean » Sat, 17. May 14, 09:36

rifter08 wrote:The new highway system? Slipstreaming is a hell of a lot harder. The precision needed is a joke, and when i do manage to get behind i always end up just smashing into the ship in front and knocking them of into space, only to slowdown again.
Ehum... You're joking, right? I hope you're not trying to treat the new highways as the old. :)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Sat, 17. May 14, 09:54

Artean wrote:
rifter08 wrote:The new highway system? Slipstreaming is a hell of a lot harder. The precision needed is a joke, and when i do manage to get behind i always end up just smashing into the ship in front and knocking them of into space, only to slowdown again.
Ehum... You're joking, right? I hope you're not trying to treat the new highways as the old. :)
LOL.. :wink:

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Sat, 17. May 14, 09:57

Artean wrote:
yeh the old slipstreaming is gone, now you can use your ships speed and boost in highways, and the trick IS to AVIOD other ships.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Sat, 17. May 14, 11:36

Artean wrote:

100% agreeing :D .
ThommoHawk wrote:1) this game is still for baby fairground bumper car drivers, not space pilots. on collision your shield depletes, but no hull damage Rolling Eyes = fail.
Disagreeing, new highways would be way too dangerous. New balanced combat make this game enough difficult for me. If i want to die every 5 min, i'll play to Dark Souls.
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Sat, 17. May 14, 11:48

Cabrelbeuk wrote:
ThommoHawk wrote:1) this game is still for baby fairground bumper car drivers, not space pilots. on collision your shield depletes, but no hull damage Rolling Eyes = fail.
Disagreeing, new highways would be way too dangerous. New balanced combat make this game enough difficult for me. If i want to die every 5 min, i'll play to Dark Souls.
Agree - the new balance in combat does not let you blast anything away. I got my fair share of hull damage several times, and have been blown away also several times before I realized it was not longer an walk in the park.

(Of topic: Dark Souls is indeed an great but hard game. Not for the faint of hart - that's for sure :wink: )

anzerkree
x4

Post by anzerkree » Sat, 17. May 14, 12:37

Congratulations for this patch full of surprises: Radar, graphics, command, interactions, etc ...

But i think it's possible to further improve the space battles.
The enemies ships are often immobile and they shoot continuously.

The dog fight should be a little more dynamic with increasing the speed of movement of hunters, and by preventing AI to be immobile.

It's not too credible, and that almost compels us to also cut off the engines to shoot the ennemis.

---
sorry for my bad english ;)

HarryCYUL
xr

Rebirth 2.0 is Awesome! EGOSOFT FTW :)

Post by HarryCYUL » Sat, 17. May 14, 12:52

the new cockpits with windshields are beautiful, graphics in space are amazing, etc. etc. no time to type too much.....off to play :)

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Sat, 17. May 14, 13:02

From a lot of reflective surfaces all of sudden I guess a PBR switch? Graphics are amazing, yes.

A new "highway minigame" is much better and realistic now too.

Yet I'd better see existing campaign finished up/improved rather a bunch of new so-so quality missions rolled in.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”