Patch 2.0 Public Beta (RC 10)!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Re: 2.0

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Sat, 17. May 14, 11:36

Artean wrote:
rifter08 wrote:The new highway system? Slipstreaming is a hell of a lot harder. The precision needed is a joke, and when i do manage to get behind i always end up just smashing into the ship in front and knocking them of into space, only to slowdown again.
Ehum... You're joking, right? I hope you're not trying to treat the new highways as the old. :)

100% agreeing :D .
ThommoHawk wrote:1) this game is still for baby fairground bumper car drivers, not space pilots. on collision your shield depletes, but no hull damage Rolling Eyes = fail.
Disagreeing, new highways would be way too dangerous. New balanced combat make this game enough difficult for me. If i want to die every 5 min, i'll play to Dark Souls.
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Sat, 17. May 14, 11:48

Cabrelbeuk wrote:
ThommoHawk wrote:1) this game is still for baby fairground bumper car drivers, not space pilots. on collision your shield depletes, but no hull damage Rolling Eyes = fail.
Disagreeing, new highways would be way too dangerous. New balanced combat make this game enough difficult for me. If i want to die every 5 min, i'll play to Dark Souls.
Agree - the new balance in combat does not let you blast anything away. I got my fair share of hull damage several times, and have been blown away also several times before I realized it was not longer an walk in the park.

(Of topic: Dark Souls is indeed an great but hard game. Not for the faint of hart - that's for sure :wink: )

anzerkree
x4

Post by anzerkree » Sat, 17. May 14, 12:37

Congratulations for this patch full of surprises: Radar, graphics, command, interactions, etc ...

But i think it's possible to further improve the space battles.
The enemies ships are often immobile and they shoot continuously.

The dog fight should be a little more dynamic with increasing the speed of movement of hunters, and by preventing AI to be immobile.

It's not too credible, and that almost compels us to also cut off the engines to shoot the ennemis.

---
sorry for my bad english ;)

HarryCYUL
xr

Rebirth 2.0 is Awesome! EGOSOFT FTW :)

Post by HarryCYUL » Sat, 17. May 14, 12:52

the new cockpits with windshields are beautiful, graphics in space are amazing, etc. etc. no time to type too much.....off to play :)

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Sat, 17. May 14, 13:02

From a lot of reflective surfaces all of sudden I guess a PBR switch? Graphics are amazing, yes.

A new "highway minigame" is much better and realistic now too.

Yet I'd better see existing campaign finished up/improved rather a bunch of new so-so quality missions rolled in.

refuse
x4

I'am still waiting...

Post by refuse » Sat, 17. May 14, 13:04

hi where is an external camera and clasic flight controll (invert mouse for flying)? if it will be done so I plan to buy...

bambly
xr

Post by bambly » Sat, 17. May 14, 19:02

The station building seems broken. The construction drones just fly round in circles around the construction and the station takes hours to build

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 17. May 14, 20:30

Another quick update to RC9 brings fixes to some of the problems people were experiencing, most notably the weapon cycling.

Darrosquall
x4

Post by Darrosquall » Sat, 17. May 14, 20:48

CBJ wrote:Another quick update to RC9 brings fixes to some of the problems people were experiencing, most notably the weapon cycling.
stop working guys, it's saturday night. :lol:

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Sat, 17. May 14, 20:55

Darrosquall wrote:
CBJ wrote:Another quick update to RC9 brings fixes to some of the problems people were experiencing, most notably the weapon cycling.
stop working guys, it's saturday night. :lol:
Yes a beer on me tonight guys a nice rest on Sunday .......then back to your office Monday for some relentless patching!!!

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Sat, 17. May 14, 21:54

To be perfectly honest, I didn't expect a patch on a Saturday - get some rest, please, you're all still human :)
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

ArtilleryWhore
x4

Post by ArtilleryWhore » Sat, 17. May 14, 22:26

linolafett wrote:The xenon ship is the largest ship currently in the game and loves to destroy everything in sight, you can not hide *harhar* :D
warning large images. sorry couldnt be bothered to download, resize, reupload. gatherers combat fleet of 15 arawns (battlestars)
10 Taranis, and 35 balors (btw egosoft, i love the forward nova drone tubes, nice touch 8) )

^^ this is the fleet that destroyed the overwatch station and laged my game =P ^^

*clears throat*
"attention all ships! This if FleetAdmiral Harper, prep for an immediate combat jump with weapons at the ready, upon landing launch fighter/bomber wings, and engage targets of opportunity until ordered otherwise from field command tactical."

*turns on redneck accent*: Lets go get em boys! YEEEEE HAWWW!!!! :lol:
Last edited by ArtilleryWhore on Sat, 17. May 14, 23:25, edited 4 times in total.

ogilvieharrisjf@gmail.com

Post by ogilvieharrisjf@gmail.com » Sat, 17. May 14, 22:30

I think it would be cool to have an autopilot setting that takes you to a list of places so you can scout out trade offers automatically (if you have a trade computer.)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 17. May 14, 22:31

jasonbarron wrote:Hey fellow forum goers...how is version 2.0 stacking up? I haven't played in months, and I'm wondering if the changes add up to a worthwhile reason for a restart?
Personally I would say go for it :)
While there is still a lot that people seem to be waiting for, this new 2.0 beta is a major step up (in my own opinion) - I am actually really enjoying playing now (although I haven't done the plot as yet, amd having too much fun in free play..
The fighting seems harder to me even in easy mode, but I am terrible at that.. - I think I would hate to try it in hard mode.

But as I said, give it a go, what have you got to lose (apart from a few hours if you don't like it) - you may be pleasantly surprised.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sat, 17. May 14, 22:48

I'm pretty much planning on starting the game over again once 2.0 is officially released, if I don't get distracted by other things in the meanwhile. Looks like quite a lot of it is pretty great.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sun, 18. May 14, 00:49

I think one of the biggest things I want for nuts and bolts features is a bit of FOV adjustment and free look.

As a bit of feed back the new ships are great, I like the idea for the more heavily armed merchant ships

New radar is really, really good.

Clintcom
x3ap

Post by Clintcom » Sun, 18. May 14, 02:23

Nice work on the beta guy's. Free look would be very nice in the future. :wink:

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 18. May 14, 14:38

JClosed wrote:
Cabrelbeuk wrote:
Agree - the new balance in combat does not let you blast anything away. I got my fair share of hull damage several times, and have been blown away also several times before I realized it was not longer an walk in the park.

(Of topic: Dark Souls is indeed an great but hard game. Not for the faint of hart - that's for sure :wink: )
^ just wondering if any of you guys are using flight stick and proper throttle control at all? It may be irrational of me but I suspect not ... just a hunch, could be wrong of course. If you are using joysticks and still feel that way then good luck to you.

Anyway for me it's just wimpy and immersion breaking if there are no consequences like hull damage / ship destruction on collision. I don't get close to the "I am a space man, space pilot" feel from the X3 games. The X Rebirth cockpits do not quite make up for this and any potential for immersion is wasted due the "I am a fairground toy bumper car driver" feel... (and no cockpit POV look-around).

The patch is good, just not there for me yet, and I'm keeping the fingers crossed for eventual collision consequence becoming at least an option to select.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

bambly
xr

Post by bambly » Sun, 18. May 14, 17:15

Surely egosoft could make collision hull damage an option in the game settings. That way everyone would be happy.
Also does anyone find that if you send two ships to a target they end up colliding and deplete their shields. I sent two taranas destroyers to attack a xenon k and they got wiped out because their shields were gone. Still looked very cool though!
Last edited by bambly on Sun, 18. May 14, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sun, 18. May 14, 17:22

ThommoHawk wrote: Snip
The patch is good, just not there for me yet, and I'm keeping the fingers crossed for eventual collision consequence becoming at least an option to select.
External Cameras - (with litle movement aleatory, like X10 Plane [game fly simulator]). Movementt internal camera too...

:roll:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”