X ReBirth Sale

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

uncleseano

X ReBirth Sale

Post by uncleseano » Tue, 20. May 14, 22:20

I literally bought X-Rebirth a hour before the magical steam sale and I feel sorta gimped by it, any way to 'downgrade' to the steam sale and not the full price one I got? I had to leave so I didnt even give it a proper go!

:oops:

Southern Terrier

X Rebirth half price on Steam!

Post by Southern Terrier » Tue, 20. May 14, 22:20

Sorry if this has been posted, had a quick look but didn't see anytihing.

Just noticed XR and the collectors edition are half price on steam.

Never a better time to enjoy V2.0!

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 20. May 14, 22:22

Sale goes for 3 days, maybe you can raise a ticket with Steam as your time of purchase was so close to the game going on sale.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 20. May 14, 22:28

Sadly this scam is still allowed to continue wit STEAM now supporting it actively by letting these crooks run a 50% weekly sale.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 20. May 14, 22:31

Yes I saw that, am thinking I might upgrade to the collectors edition :)

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 21. May 14, 00:56

Pretty insulting considering all the time myself and some others have spent messing around in a broken game and reporting feedback via the 'beta testing' forum, to be honest.

Would be nice to be offered some compensation, seeing as all this time it has been completely broken (and still is for the most part) yet we have been testing a game that was clearly released WAY too early but paid full price for the "privilege" whereas now anyone can pick it up for £20.

It's just taking the piss out of their loyal fan base whilst fishing for a few more sales. Never again is my wallet coming out for Egosoft at full price. Ever.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 21. May 14, 02:55

BlackDemon wrote:Pretty insulting considering all the time myself and some others have spent messing around in a broken game and reporting feedback via the 'beta testing' forum, to be honest.

Would be nice to be offered some compensation, seeing as all this time it has been completely broken (and still is for the most part) yet we have been testing a game that was clearly released WAY too early but paid full price for the "privilege" whereas now anyone can pick it up for £20.

It's just taking the piss out of their loyal fan base whilst fishing for a few more sales. Never again is my wallet coming out for Egosoft at full price. Ever.
Exactly what I thought, too.
Some days ago my friend got mad in a discussion about this whole X Rebirth development last year, again.
And I did told him: "At least it is still full price on Steam and we aren't betrayed because we didn't payed more for a beta then for people now buying the full game on our work..."

What do you think happened this morning?
He sat on me, pressed his tablet on my face with X Rebirth on discount... Now I feel bad and others shouldn't feel bad because I am feeling bad and sad - so ignore me or try to cheer me up what would be actually really nice. :(

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Wed, 21. May 14, 02:59

Most games have huge swings in their prices in the course of its development.

For the rest, will not go into discussion.
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Wed, 21. May 14, 03:10

Tamina wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:Pretty insulting considering all the time myself and some others have spent messing around in a broken game and reporting feedback via the 'beta testing' forum, to be honest.

Exactly what I thought, too.
Some days ago my friend got mad in a discussion about this whole X Rebirth development last year, again.
And I did told him: "At least it is still full price on Steam and we aren't betrayed because we didn't payed more for a beta then for people now buying the full game on our work..."

What do you think happened this morning?
He sat on me, pressed his tablet on my face with X Rebirth on discount... Now I feel bad and others shouldn't feel bad because I am feeling bad and sad - so ignore me or try to cheer me up what would be actually really nice. :(
Seems pretty reasonable to me that there would be three day only 50% off sale at this point--having some kind of sale 6+ months after initial release is standard operating procedure for most games, really.
Ayn Rand was correct.

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Wed, 21. May 14, 03:17

BlackDemon wrote:It's just taking the piss out of their loyal fan base whilst fishing for a few more sales. Never again is my wallet coming out for Egosoft at full price. Ever.
Never again should your wallet come out until you read a review - whether that's Egosoft, Stardock, Blizzard, or anyone else. I don't care how "loyal" you are to them.

VincentTH
x4

XR at 50% off

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 21. May 14, 09:03

on Steam USD$24.99.. Hurry up!!! LOL

uncleseano

Post by uncleseano » Wed, 21. May 14, 09:35

O.P here for those who dont read well...the O.P.. I'm whining like a B**** cause I bought the game, then left the house, and when I came back it was half price. Sent in a ticket to steam with no answer so I wanted some advice on what to do.

That is all

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 21. May 14, 09:57

XR is definitely a more viable game with v2.0, I personally think some of the changes have made a big difference more than I was expecting.

Egosoft did listen regarding the whole radar/map display thing and should be praised accordingly imho.

Not sure I agree with the sale at this time, but at the end of the day if the quality keeps coming I'll keep buying.

blotunga
xr

Post by blotunga » Wed, 21. May 14, 10:17

It's 25 euros for me... When will publishers learn that 1USD!=1EURO
I make 5 times less than someone in the US, yet I have to pay 37% more. No thanks, I'll wait to buy it when it's around 8 euros..

Fallent

Post by Fallent » Wed, 21. May 14, 11:44

Agreed. Exactly the first thing I thought. I bought the Alpha for £50, and it's so disappointing to now see people playing the Beta at £25. Some special stuff for those who pre-ordered would be great. How about an exclusive drone that shoots rainbows? I dunno, god damn anything would be nice!

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Wed, 21. May 14, 13:44

santi wrote:Sale goes for 3 days, maybe you can raise a ticket with Steam as your time of purchase was so close to the game going on sale.
Steam will tell you they "don't price match". They have this happen so often they now have a policy in place.

Though even at 1/2 price I wouldn't touch the game, according to the comments about the 2.0 patch it's just "new bugs with the new patch".

One of my friends re-installed the game to give it ago, told me it crashed his system 2.5 hours so he removed it again.

I do hope they get sales, I imagine revenue is very low considering Egosoft only distribute through Steam who have a 33/100 score for the game. I would like to see an X4.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Wed, 21. May 14, 13:48

Zloth wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:It's just taking the piss out of their loyal fan base whilst fishing for a few more sales. Never again is my wallet coming out for Egosoft at full price. Ever.
Never again should your wallet come out until you read a review - whether that's Egosoft, Stardock, Blizzard, or anyone else. I don't care how "loyal" you are to them.
Agreed, unless your willing to support the company regardless of their decisions or game quality, aside from that a person would either have no concept of money or simply be 7 Sunday's short of retarded.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Wed, 21. May 14, 14:50

My wallet isn't coming out for Rebirth until it hits under $10.

That's what I think Egosoft deserves for what they delivered and the dishonest stuff they pulled marketing the game.

Way too many other good games out there that I have no problem buying at full price.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

bravoman
x3ap

Post by bravoman » Thu, 22. May 14, 04:25

I'm more annoyed I shelled out 70 Euro for the CE back in launch...now it's going for 40 Euro.

Sigh...

blotunga
xr

Post by blotunga » Thu, 22. May 14, 09:05

And if you wait another year, then it'll be 20...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”