X ReBirth Sale

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Thu, 29. May 14, 09:10

Slashman wrote:
SupraRZ wrote:No offense but if your weekly pay check is 50 euros I doubt you'll be able to afford a gaming pc to run most games ......
I agree. If things are that tight, you should probably not be spending on games or a gaming PC in the first place.

The final choice is up to the individual of course, but I can't see being in that bad of a situation and splurging on games, sale or no sale.
So you feel games should only be available to the rich? In my worldly travels I've meet people who live on less and still manage to play games. Of course they don't need to worry about Copyright laws as they don't exist in their countries so they have the option to get cheap games.

The American Movie Association (years ago) reduced the price of new release DVD's in China to about US$1 (or slightly above cost price) each to combat the rampart Copyright infringements going on there.

One of my regular clan members lives in Indonesia and makes US$12/day, he still manages to game.

This is why Steam does so well, it's bulk discount games for the poor and impoverish.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

ragod

Post by ragod » Thu, 29. May 14, 13:01

SupraRZ wrote:
blotunga wrote:
Jakesnake5 wrote:Typical problem with the belief that people should wait to buy new games till they are discounted, is that there would NOT be any new games make to reach the discount price.
Some people can't afford to pay 50-60 euros for a game. For some people 50 euros is a week's paycheck..
My price limit for a single game is for example 8 euros. I don't care how good the game is, I can't afford it until the price won't drop below that.
No offense but if your weekly pay check is 50 euros I doubt you'll be able to afford a gaming pc to run most games ......
My first gaming PC was a gift, and whenever I upgrade I use my old parts to build my close friends gaming PCs of their own. (I stay on the bleeding edge so my used parts can easily run high end games)

So even though someone has an amazing gaming PC, doesnt mean they can either afford the PC or the games themselves.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 29. May 14, 13:19

Seriously, everyone can manage his money on his own and is totally allowed to do that.
If someone says he rather pays his phone-bill with his money than buying a game, then he is totally able to.

As long as nobody says "I had to pirate it because I can't afford it" which is no excuse for doing crime at all but just egoistic. So we should be totally fine with people rather going the right way and making use of such discount opportunities but have to wait a little bit longer if there money.situation is not as good.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 29. May 14, 13:49

Since this has drifted way off topic and the sale is now over anyway, it can sink down.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”