X ReBirth Sale

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Wed, 21. May 14, 13:44

santi wrote:Sale goes for 3 days, maybe you can raise a ticket with Steam as your time of purchase was so close to the game going on sale.
Steam will tell you they "don't price match". They have this happen so often they now have a policy in place.

Though even at 1/2 price I wouldn't touch the game, according to the comments about the 2.0 patch it's just "new bugs with the new patch".

One of my friends re-installed the game to give it ago, told me it crashed his system 2.5 hours so he removed it again.

I do hope they get sales, I imagine revenue is very low considering Egosoft only distribute through Steam who have a 33/100 score for the game. I would like to see an X4.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Wed, 21. May 14, 13:48

Zloth wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:It's just taking the piss out of their loyal fan base whilst fishing for a few more sales. Never again is my wallet coming out for Egosoft at full price. Ever.
Never again should your wallet come out until you read a review - whether that's Egosoft, Stardock, Blizzard, or anyone else. I don't care how "loyal" you are to them.
Agreed, unless your willing to support the company regardless of their decisions or game quality, aside from that a person would either have no concept of money or simply be 7 Sunday's short of retarded.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Wed, 21. May 14, 14:50

My wallet isn't coming out for Rebirth until it hits under $10.

That's what I think Egosoft deserves for what they delivered and the dishonest stuff they pulled marketing the game.

Way too many other good games out there that I have no problem buying at full price.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

bravoman
x3ap

Post by bravoman » Thu, 22. May 14, 04:25

I'm more annoyed I shelled out 70 Euro for the CE back in launch...now it's going for 40 Euro.

Sigh...

blotunga
xr

Post by blotunga » Thu, 22. May 14, 09:05

And if you wait another year, then it'll be 20...

scottykad

50% Off at Steam atm.

Post by scottykad » Thu, 22. May 14, 21:16

LET THE OUTRAGE (and some joy from others :P ) BEGIN!!! hehe :p

Texhnolyzed
x3tc

Post by Texhnolyzed » Thu, 22. May 14, 21:17

There is nothing to be outraged about. This is how it works.

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Thu, 22. May 14, 21:36

Well, I feel sorry for those who bought prior to release. Personally I was skeptical and waited. Now things are improving I decided to buy at £20, which seems ok for the current state of the game as I understand it and hopefully will be a bargain in the long run with more patching.

Steam have alot of sales, one for this game was inevitable given the reviews.

So far I'm happy. Performance is good, playing with xbox controller also good. Hopefully the fuller depth to the game will get added before I get too far into the game, which will tale me a while anyway.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 23. May 14, 02:47

I wouldn't buy any downloaded game, has to be solid in my hand software.

Just noticed Creative Assembly are releasing ANOTHER dlc for Rome 2, i'm telling you all this shit will be released for free in a Gold Edition Bundle Pack when they can't squeeze anything else out of their dipshit fan boys.

Egosoft haven't resulted to throwing dlc about like confetti. when the game is in full working order with features that are missing re-added and new content given, then they'll of fully redeemed themselves in my eyes.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

ragod

Post by ragod » Fri, 23. May 14, 15:02

BlackDemon wrote:Pretty insulting considering all the time myself and some others have spent messing around in a broken game and reporting feedback via the 'beta testing' forum, to be honest.

Would be nice to be offered some compensation, seeing as all this time it has been completely broken (and still is for the most part) yet we have been testing a game that was clearly released WAY too early but paid full price for the "privilege" whereas now anyone can pick it up for £20.

It's just taking the piss out of their loyal fan base whilst fishing for a few more sales. Never again is my wallet coming out for Egosoft at full price. Ever.
Well, Egosoft are trying to get as much cash out of a sinking ship as they can.

Hopefully though you folk who stuck with the dreck-game through the thick of it will get the first DLC free, like the guys who made Sword of the Stars 2 did.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 23. May 14, 15:43

Typical problem with the belief that people should wait to buy new games till they are discounted, is that there would NOT be any new games make to reach the discount price.

Why? The developers wouldn't get paid didly till long AFTER it was released, especially if most people waited. This would not be financially viable for a software business.

Se we'd be sitting here, waiting for the discount, and the company making the game would go 'Meh, we're not going to work on this projects since no one wants to buy it', and we'd be going WAIT!, I was going to buy it, just not at THAT price.

This would be the logical end to when people started thinking with their OWN wallets, and not the developers.

Kind of frightening, you know?

Sitting here with nothing to play cause people didn't show an interest of purchasing software on release date, so they cancel the project. Granted, it's not likely to happen, but if it did, it'd snowball rapidly as more development companies jumped on the band wagon.

Something to think about anyway.

And since it's only a 3 day sale, and not a permanent price reduction, shows that Steam likes to make money too. :)

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Fri, 23. May 14, 16:58

bravoman wrote:I'm more annoyed I shelled out 70 Euro for the CE back in launch...now it's going for 40 Euro.

Sigh...
or US$32.50 if your outside Euro zone or use a VPN :)

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Fri, 23. May 14, 17:00

ragod wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:Pretty insulting considering all the time myself and some others have spent messing around in a broken game and reporting feedback via the 'beta testing' forum, to be honest.

Would be nice to be offered some compensation, seeing as all this time it has been completely broken (and still is for the most part) yet we have been testing a game that was clearly released WAY too early but paid full price for the "privilege" whereas now anyone can pick it up for £20.

It's just taking the piss out of their loyal fan base whilst fishing for a few more sales. Never again is my wallet coming out for Egosoft at full price. Ever.

Hopefully though you folk who stuck with the dreck-game through the thick of it will get the first DLC free, like the guys who made Sword of the Stars 2 did.
They're getting the DLC already, in the form of patches :)

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Fri, 23. May 14, 17:10

Jakesnake5 wrote:Typical problem with the belief that people should wait to buy new games till they are discounted, is that there would NOT be any new games make to reach the discount price
You will always have 7 second retards, and I do mean ALWAYS. People with a compulsion to buy which is so strong it's like an addiction, and others who simply don't understand the value of money. Either way, there will always be the retard who can't wait more than 7 seconds before he neeeeeeds to buy it.

The only other group of pre-emptive consumer happens to be one I respect greatly. These souls purchase due to emotional attachment to the game, for better or worse their love of the game means they'll support it no matter how lazy or fat it becomes. They deserve respect because it's their action, money, and behind the scenes chatter which helps keep games like this one alive.

ragod

Post by ragod » Sat, 24. May 14, 02:00

Ebany wrote:
ragod wrote:

They're getting the DLC already, in the form of patches :)
If you think Egosoft is going to limit themselves to just patches and NOT throw DLC out to try to milk this for all its worth... you are in for a rude awakening I think.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 24. May 14, 02:04

ragod wrote:...
If you think Egosoft is going to limit themselves to just patches and NOT throw DLC out to try to milk this for all its worth... you are in for a rude awakening I think.
Past history says otherwise. Expansion packs, yeah. But we've never had to pay for DLC before. Of course, this is a new game, so the DLC paradigm may change, too. Hope not, though.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ragod

Post by ragod » Sat, 24. May 14, 02:09

Nanook wrote:
ragod wrote:...
Past history says otherwise. Expansion packs, yeah. But we've never had to pay for DLC before. Of course, this is a new game, so the DLC paradigm may change, too. Hope not, though.
With the previous games DLC was A, not really that big on the market, and B, the game was not set up to support it, with all of the different ways you could play it.

Now they have tied everything to Steam, regardless of how or where you purchase the game.

And if you want to talk past history one of their expansions was a large part of fan made mods packaged together and sold, so do you REALLY think DLC is that much of a stretch?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 24. May 14, 03:06

If they were that keen on DLC I doubt they'd be giving away free cockpits & a load of new ships. 2.0 would have still been a great patch even without that stuff, it's truly exceptional with it. Can think of countless devs that would have kept that stuff aside for later sale as DLC, maybe £5 each for the cockpits & £10 for all those new ships, probably do an entirely cosmetic 'ship armour pack' too...

ragod

Post by ragod » Sat, 24. May 14, 03:25

GCU Grey Area wrote:If they were that keen on DLC I doubt they'd be giving away free cockpits & a load of new ships. 2.0 would have still been a great patch even without that stuff, it's truly exceptional with it. Can think of countless devs that would have kept that stuff aside for later sale as DLC, maybe £5 each for the cockpits & £10 for all those new ships, probably do an entirely cosmetic 'ship armour pack' too...
Of course they would, the game was one of THE WORST games released last year.

Chances are if the game had received positive press they would have saved those things for DLC, but it doesn't take more than two braincells to rub together to figure out what the reaction of the gaming community would be if such a subpar game started pressing out DLC so quickly.

"Well ****, they can't be bothered to release a complete game but by god they can shove DLC out the door."

That would have been swell for them wouldn't it? Instead they released a few minor changes (lets not kid ourselves, they are insanely minor additions and fixes) and gave them out "free" as "Rebirths 2.0!" as well as slapping a massive sale on the product to try to bring new people in instead, now that the first wave consumers beta tested it for them for 60 dollars.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sat, 24. May 14, 04:14

GCU Grey Area wrote:If they were that keen on DLC I doubt they'd be giving away free cockpits & a load of new ships. 2.0 would have still been a great patch even without that stuff, it's truly exceptional with it. Can think of countless devs that would have kept that stuff aside for later sale as DLC, maybe £5 each for the cockpits & £10 for all those new ships, probably do an entirely cosmetic 'ship armour pack' too...
I agree with you, GCU
Ayn Rand was correct.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”