Trade icons set to minus.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JESS 246
x3

Trade icons set to minus.

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 20:24

Hi All

The more i play this game the more i find its trading is so screwed up.

I'm finding up to 75% of trade icon set to minus even though the stations have vast quantities of wears and those that want wears can't be supplied as the wears needed are to unavailable do to the minus indicator.

Station construction and shipyards shipbuilders are stuck in build limbo do to no Fusion reactors and no station anywhere will sell Fusion reactors do to the minus indicator on the icons.

And before anyone shout out about mods I have tried playing without mods and different variants of game play all with the same result up to 75% of trade icon set to minus and this has been like this since the 2.00 update and update after have either made it worse or not corrected it.

I have scanned ships for goods to capture but non to be found and i do check the stations and they have adequate amounts of wears so why is the icons set to minus and stations won't sell wears the they should sell.

If possible any way i can change a file code to either correct the minus sign or had wears to a freighter.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 20:42

it is pretty normal that 75% of the Trade Ports are Ports where the Station buys wares because you need on average 3 diffrent wares to Produce a specific Product. and for loading/unloading the Type of Trade Port effectively doesnt matter since the correct Port is preffered, but any can be used for loading/unloading.

It would be a diffrent matter if a Station needed a specific Product but has no Buy Port for it at all (at least for the Player in the beginning - Offers are still generated and visible to NPCs and Trade Updates afaik) but thats not what your complaint seems to be about.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 00:16

Please read what i have written.

I said that a station that need wears you can't buy has those stations that have the needed wears the trades are minus and if the needs are blocked how are you to supply stations and if the station is full with adequate wears and theres no need to add to more then why is the trade blocked by a minus and the players rep has no part in it.

As no station selling the wears that are need and i've watched full freighters deliver wears and the station still stays on minus though the station is almost full and if a station has say it max is 125,000 units and has 100,000 i only need a 100 the sale is still blocked and the icon is still minus.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 01:23

Jess, you are sometimes difficult to understand. I'm guessing english isn't your first language, and no worries there. Thing is it's hard to help you if we can't fully understand the issue.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 15:09

Hi YorrickVander

As you have mentioned my languish before, I am English and its my only languish as it seams that no one reads whats clearly written and i've won legal cases on how i wright, its other that can't read, see or comprehend what's written.

I'll try to clarify my point.

Station trade ports icon are set to minus (-) and i can't buy those wears, I look into the stations cargo inventory and they are full so why can't i buy do to the minus indicator in the trade window.

I've said in these posts that the stations wears inventories are full and i can't buy because of the minus sign.

Others reply you have to ad three other wears so the station will sell, so they didn't read what was written.

I say i've tried with and without extension mods and all variants of the game thats 32-64bit betas and standard vanilla game as well as all and new game starts and i still have the same issue and that i've had this issue from 2.00v update.

They say It must be a mod issue or update the mods to a newer version, yes again they have not read whats written.

All these points of not reading whats written have been on other post as well as mine.

I can understand that some PC translators don't work to well and some words get changed or replaced but if you read over and over you get the drift Oops! Idea of whats written.

And if what is written is read properly a more correct answer and solution would be in the reply and i've see replies that not only has anything to do with whats written it will only make things worse.

All I wan't to do is buy the wears that should be for sale if the station is full not sit there in limbo because i can't have a ship built or a station finished because those stations i wan't to trade with have their trade ports set to minus and that trade in the windows is blocked.

And i have asked is there a way i can change a file and which file or how to add wears to a freighter to correct my problem.

I do try everything first before i post an issue in hope of a solution.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 15:23

OK, carefully reading what you have typed, I see no technical support request here. Some players have suggested vanilla gameplay things for you to consider or try out.

I do see here a formal request for a way to modify the gamefiles to get to the trade situations that you want to happen. You also said that you are already modded even though you think that is not a factor in this issue. Therefore on balance I think this needs to go to the Rebirth modding forum so I am moving it there.

Please try to be a bit more patient with other players trying to help you. Your typing style is indeed sometimes difficult for others to understand clearly.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 15:44

Ok I'll do my best here (as an Englishman I can barely understand your take on English; the structure, spelling or grammar. No flame, just saying it's really hard to read).

Point 1 : Don't rely on the icons to trade. Use shift+T and keep the list stocked via trade agents (mini game or TAF mod from steam workshop to obtain these). At the very least fit a trade computer and fly into station range before attempting to buy.

Point 2 : If your trade window is blocked for certain wares, you need to select the correct ship inside the trade window to carry that ware. At the top there is a display of ship in your squad currently selected and < > arrows each side.

Point 3 : You've mentioned before certain mods you use that are hopelessly out of date. I strongly recommend you start a fresh game with no mods and ask advice on which are relatively safe to use with current version. Feel free to PM me with this though I can't guarantee I know every mod :P Of course with a new patch coming up soon(tm) all bets will be reset as to what mods can still be used.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 15:50

Hi Alan Phipps

Thanks for your replay and the move of my post.

I know my typing is different that because its plain english and to many people are so lazy in their speaking and in the use of phone text as well as modern teaching they do not know plain english languish or writing is. (Like wot,sup man)

You have misunderstood something unless you mean the extensions but you said "you are already modded" the only modding is the extension i have but i still have this trade minus problem without extension mods.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 16:11

Hi YorrickVander

Sorry but you have done it again you are telling me something that i have already mentioned and done.

I'm typing in plain english and the spellchecker confirms that and i don't know you age but i was taught english in an english school in the fifties and sixties nowadays they teach children to write how they speak like number 1 below

1: Wot ya c ear is wot i rite.
2: Not what you see here is what i have written.

So how do yo wan't me to write as in 1: the way of today's teaching or 2: in proper english.

I bet you may not know what Cursive writing is without looking in a dictionary yes its english and if you do you'll find that today's teachers don't.

And that the last i want to hear about my english, ho by the way we are not english anymore.
Last edited by JESS 246 on Sat, 26. Jul 14, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 16:13

I was taught in the 70's and 80's. Please see your PM box for further discussion of this non game related matter :)

Edit : Btw if your text in Word is underlined green that means your grammar checker is balking at your language use, even though it is spelled correctly :P
Last edited by YorrickVander on Sat, 26. Jul 14, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 16:14

JESS 246 wrote:Hi YorrickVander

As you have mentioned my languish before, I am English and its my only languish as it seams that no one reads whats clearly written and i've won legal cases on how i wright, its other that can't read, see or comprehend what's written.
well, its a bit tricky to understand what you want sometimes and sometimes your writing makes it abmigious what you mean (for example when i quickly read over your post the first time i thought you were talking about clothing -> wears ) - so if we misunderstand you please clarify it, dont tell us to read more careful - thats more productive
JESS 246 wrote:I'll try to clarify my point.

Station trade ports icon are set to minus (-) and i can't buy those wears, I look into the stations cargo inventory and they are full so why can't i buy do to the minus indicator in the trade window.

I've said in these posts that the stations wears inventories are full and i can't buy because of the minus sign.

Others reply you have to ad three other wears so the station will sell, so they didn't read what was written.
well, i think you didnt understand what i meant, here a specific example:
to produce Antimattercells you need Energycells, Foodrations and Hydrogen - now from what i understood you want to buy Energycells from this Station because its Storage is full of them, but it wont let you because Energycells are a Ressource for that Station not a Product - and its intended this way.
JESS 246 wrote:I can understand that some PC translators don't work to well and some words get changed or replaced but if you read over and over you get the drift Oops! Idea of whats written.
not using any translators because they give me a headache.
JESS 246 wrote:And if what is written is read properly a more correct answer and solution would be in the reply and i've see replies that not only has anything to do with whats written it will only make things worse.

All I wan't to do is buy the wears that should be for sale if the station is full not sit there in limbo because i can't have a ship built or a station finished because those stations i wan't to trade with have their trade ports set to minus and that trade in the windows is blocked.
its no real problem to change a buy port into a sell port and vice versa, but there is no real point in it since they dont generate the Trade offers - they just display fitting Trade Offers the Station has generated and are the preffered exchange location for the Trades they display
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 01:13

To All

I've restarted a new game and again no stations will sell the wares that they should be selling even though their wares inventories are full.

Full stations will not sell wares do to the minus sign and all freighters are empty before and after docking even when their cargolifters are going back and forth looking full and the only ships that have wares are mining ships.

This game is not about trade because i can't trade as the buying side in the trade window is blocked or the wares are not for sale.

I've now binned the game has the trading is so screwed and the wares that are needed can't be brought it's pointless trying to build stations/ships or to supply any other station for the needed wares.

The worst wast of money for a game that dose not do what it says on the box.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 22:06

OK so I was obviously wrong to move this modded game thread to S&M after all. Moving to Rebirth Universe and closing as a pointless gameplay thread that is not seeking actual help.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”