stuff still messed up?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KRM398
xr

stuff still messed up?

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 18:36

Hi guys, its been a long time and probably should have been longer from what I've seen the last 2 days. Redid Rebirth and played it with ALL the new stuff and fixes, after months and months everything is great now right? Note even close...hehehe Yisha still half disappears every time I leave the ship and return. Either no head or a head and no torso, wasn't that like that from the beginning?

Just did the hacking job and was a little surprised. I actually bought a hacking drone...silly me...because the game uses its own special drone for that, Beholders aren't needed just like the first month it came out.

Did the 'help capture the freightor in De Vrie'...and it asked me to help guard the gate...the silly word was 'help' here because I remember doing just that, helping a wing of fighters there when it first came out, now...none... no help at all, me against 6 enemy fighters at least, died 3 time before getting through it, so that actually got worse.

I remember using 15 little mods to make it playable before, now, less than half are still available..got the repair laser, and nesa again,the 'shut up yeisha ' mod is gone, will need to check on a few others I heven't looked for yet. So for Ego and the devs...nice job with the new missions etc....shouldn't you have fixed the problems from the first day first though? Just me being a little touchy, I got so extremely bored waiting on a new game from another company that lets me do what Ego has done for a decade that I restarted this mess. Wish there were more mods for TC, that was the last great game Ego made IMO...but thats just me. :roll:

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: stuff still messed up?

Post by Tamina » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 21:01

KRM398 wrote:and nesa again
NESA isn't supported anymore by newer versions
NESA - Steam Workshop wrote:X:Rebirth Version: 1.30
which might rely on the fact that Egosoft has already implemented its own version of NESA. :P

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 23:29

You can find a reasonably up to date list of mods that work here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370788 - be aware tho this list is only confirmed as working with the new beta version.
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 00:25

Progress has been made, but there's still a ways to go before you could call it "ready for primetime"...

Grassturtle
x3

Post by Grassturtle » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 05:52

from what ive seen of the patch notes ... this game should be ready to go after the 2.5 patch ... whenever that will be ...
Station Comm : Would the pilot with the fleet of capitol ships, please take what they want.

Think outside the box .....

Sir Derpington

Post by Sir Derpington » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 10:43

Nah, not until they finally get round to fixing the economy will this game be anything other than a joke. It's like playing Super Mario with no jump button, it's only a matter of time before you have to start over.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 14:22

X3AP has some decent mods too :)

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 14:30

Economy should work decently good with the upcoming 2.5 patch.

Senner

Post by Senner » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:43

linolafett wrote:Economy should work decently good with the upcoming 2.5 patch.
In RC2?
Don't see any patch notes regarding economy.

Frank Johnson

ehhhhhhh

Post by Frank Johnson » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 21:37

I am one of the first people to say I love the game so take what I say with a grain of salt.

At this time my biggest issue is trade management ....as in there isn't any.
AMD phenum II x4
GTX760
8gig ram
LG 27" monitor 1920x1080
All evil needs to flurish is for good people to do.....nothing

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 21:47

Senner wrote:
linolafett wrote:Economy should work decently good with the upcoming 2.5 patch.
In RC2?
Don't see any patch notes regarding economy.
They fixed some drone trading bugs but there is still whole bunch of new bugs too.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Nosfuratu79
x3ap

I'm back.. Interested in playing Xr again.. is it worth it now ?

Post by Nosfuratu79 » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 20:08

I want to first off say thanks to all the hard working devs and forum mods. on this game.

With that said.. I bought XR when it was still in alpha form..
I played in beta.. and after beta. I know back then the game was plagued * performance issues and not being able to trade, Building and Ai was a mess.

I would like to know if the game has come a long way from that ?

Is it worth picking up and dedicating weeks at a time to play again like in X3 etc ..

Will they continue to support there game and push out fixes?

last but not least, do mining drones work yet, building ships etc and capturing and boarding the borg * as i like to call them lol .

Let me know in Detail please ,Detail.

Jayson
Usa,Ca
** Amd Fx-9590 5.0 Ghz ** FX990 Board ** 32 Gig Ram ** 240 SSD ** ATI 4 x 6990s 4GB each ** 5 monitors Eyefinity, and a cup holder **

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 20:58

Heh, after the praise of forum mods therein I will risk taking a hit by merging the previous post with a very recent similar thread.

Also check this out.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Re: I'm back.. Interested in playing Xr again.. is it worth it now ?

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 21:04

Nosfuratu79 wrote:last but not least, do mining drones work yet, building ships etc and capturing and boarding the borg * as i like to call them lol .

YES
no problems.

Owning over 30 ships myself, with more than 50 employees, and 11 stations.
I only make money by remotely commanding my freighters to buy low & sell high. Around 320 hours of gameplay
There are NO issues with those things. Seriously. Smooth as butter.

As I always say on steam discussions = the ONLY question is if you enjoy the game. Bugs are solved out for 99,99999%, and the remaining ones bugs are mostly irrevelant and don't affect gameplay at all.

yoyolll

Post by yoyolll » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 20:39

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Bugs are solved out for 99,99999%, and the remaining ones bugs are mostly irrevelant and don't affect gameplay at all.
I disagree with the rest of your post, but that is just your opinion. But this one bit is an outright lie. There are PLENTY of bugs. They are NOT irrelevant. They absolutely effect gameplay.

Go take a look in the bugs forum. Check out all the economy bugs that are completely ignored.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8 mb @ 220 Mhz
20gb HDD

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 21:15

yoyolll wrote:
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Bugs are solved out for 99,99999%, and the remaining ones bugs are mostly irrevelant and don't affect gameplay at all.
I disagree with the rest of your post, but that is just your opinion. But this one bit is an outright lie. There are PLENTY of bugs. They are NOT irrelevant. They absolutely effect gameplay.

Go take a look in the bugs forum. Check out all the economy bugs that are completely ignored.
Sure there are bugs left and there probably always will be, just as with former x titles and every other complex game. However, I have during the latest weeks spend about 30 hours with 2.5 beta trading, fighting, capturing, doing missions and building, and have yet to come across any game breaking bug.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 21:42

New game start in Freeplay and no problems, there are some bugs but most of those do have a work around as simple as leaving the zone or just taking in/out of squad the ship that is causing problems. Gameplay is very smooth if you know what you are doing, buying a new ship and no installing cargolifters is just asking for trouble down the line for example. By the way high end products demand in 2.50 did have a boost with the new shipyards, and seriously, check mods as some awesome stuff is being done by the community modders.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sun, 5. Oct 14, 04:50

first run in 2.50 those terrans killed me on sight ¬¬
guess i have shot on one freighter or...
had to reload...
then the first hack station mission blocked my ui...
had to wait a bit just running around

but yeah! im enjoying it better now then before...

tho its not a fun game yet... not even close to a x3 to me ><

gotta give some credit, x3 is an old robust game

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 5. Oct 14, 13:00

2.50 will be Rebirth as it should have been when originally released, some bugs still for sure, but good performance overall and probably all game ruining bugs have been killed already.

And now you can evolve from scratch more or less like in previous x games, just earn a little with your long range scanner and buy the appropriate gigurum for your dealings.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 5. Oct 14, 13:08

Long-range scanning is rather dumb, I'd say.
This is better, and especially, more entertaining:

1) fly to any dock (don't dock however)

2) open the details of that dock, search for BLACK MARKETEERS

3) if you found one, click "plot course", then dock at the dock which has a Black Marketeer in it

4) smalltalk the Black Marketeer, and buy EVERYTHING he has in his inventory

5) repeat steps 1, 2 and 3

6) sell all your wares to the second black marketeer

Voilá, you've got profit.
Just avoid those police patrols. Seriously.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”