Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

John McG
x4

Post by John McG » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 08:32

wwdragon wrote:It's playable... there are some serious audio issues though.
I complained that performance when down near the end of release, after going up during beta.
I think that is caused by the audio things.
Yes I have had some problems with the audio cutting out altogether, and the only way I could get the sound back was by completely exiting the game and then restarting. It might have been a coincidence, but it seemed to happen when I was travelling down a highway if I was doing something at the same time e.g. buying and selling. I tried removing a mod that was meant to improve the sound when on a highway, and I don't seem to have had a problem with the sound since then.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 17:41

John McG wrote:
wwdragon wrote:It's playable... there are some serious audio issues though.
I complained that performance when down near the end of release, after going up during beta.
I think that is caused by the audio things.
Yes I have had some problems with the audio cutting out altogether, and the only way I could get the sound back was by completely exiting the game and then restarting. It might have been a coincidence, but it seemed to happen when I was travelling down a highway if I was doing something at the same time e.g. buying and selling. I tried removing a mod that was meant to improve the sound when on a highway, and I don't seem to have had a problem with the sound since then.
I have sound problems when coming into a zone.
In fact it happened three times in a row last time I went from HoA space in Albion to the shipyard in Devries.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 20:25

Hm. With me sometimes all sounds disappear when I'm inside highways and come back when leaving the highway.

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 01:09

Fixes...features??? Hurm...requests off the top of my head.

1. A manager AI that is smarter than a Zombie. ([Gurgling] Metalworks need WHEAT...buy wheat...brains...no sell metal...just wheat.)

2. A third trade menu that shows supply and demand in a single panel (Based on what you have unlocked and by sector). How do you manage any economy with out this?

3. The ability to add and remove drones, upgrades, etc WITH OUT needing to go to another menu. That extra menu is...redundant and annoying.

4. Give the Scaldis true universal cargo...after all the description does elude to it having it.

I think I will stop there. There are more but I do not ant to type any more as I need to get back to managing my vast (10 stations) trade empire by hand...stupid zombie managers. [(Background noises) WHEEAAATTTT!!!!!]

GreasyBaz
x3tc

Post by GreasyBaz » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 00:25

"This expansion offers the player exciting new content, such as an independent storyline and a whole new star system containing two unique sectors"

How independent a storyline I wonder. Playing as someone completely disconnected from the main X Rebirth plot who flies something other than the Albion Skunk independent?

NT78stonewobble

Post by NT78stonewobble » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 16:10

Ognjen85 wrote:Thanks for free DLC! Very nice of you to give this free of charge to existing owners of game.

Looking forward to the new frontier.

:thumb_up: to whole team

Pre-loading "The Teladi Outpost"
Very very nice surprise indeed.

I must admit that I'm only now beginning to play x-rebirth, even if I've owned it for quite a few months. I bought it even with my old computer (core 2 duo e8500 and a gtx 260), which was a bit TOO optimistic. Finally upgraded my computer (i5 4690k and a gtx 770) and this is a nice surprise to get back to and really enjoy now.

Locksley
x3tc

Re: Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

Post by Locksley » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 12:09

CBJ wrote: Until 1st November, preordering this DLC will be free for all owners of X Rebirth.
A very nice gesture, hope it will soothe some bruised souls :)

Seems like I need to dive back in X-verse soon. Although I guess the modding community still is waiting for things to settle down.

Cheers!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

phantomrock2
x4

?

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 13:31

TERRANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[" thank you "]

wwdragon
x4

Re: ?

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 21:25

phantomrock2 wrote:TERRANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, it's Teladi....

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 01:07

Other end of the technological bell curve :P

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 08:17

Hi :)

The 'Teladi Outpost' expansion pictures look very interesting, especially the one showing the inside of a/the station (fourth picture from left). I'm wondering if this station has multiple docking bays, as the inside looks fairly huge from the picture.
I've also got a private bet on with myself as to what one of the sectors is going to be named. :wink: :D

Okay, a controversial question I know, but it does make me think...
Are there any plans to release a demonstration or short playable video to the various gaming site media before the final release date?
I'm only asking because personally speaking I think if this is performed well it might shed a more favourable light on the game as a whole, with the game media press this time round. :wink:

Oldman :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 16:32

Oldman wrote: I've also got a private bet on with myself as to what one of the sectors is going to be named. :wink: :D
A few conspiracy theories... It might be Grand Exchange, as that one is the closest Teladi Sector to the Albion sectors in X3 Albion Prelude.
For pirates, it might be Midnight Star.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 1. Nov 14, 09:21

https://steamdb.info/app/2870/history/
Changed Depots

branches/private_beta/description: 2.51 RC2 › 3.0 Beta 1

Beta 3.0 :)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 12:15

Btw the DLC is still for free, so if someone missed the date of first november still has time to get it.
I bought the game now for myself instead of 'family sharing' it from my bf so that I can play whenever I want to :P and was happily surprised that it was still for free!!

Tamina
:D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 12:51

Flammkuchen for Egosoft! :)

...perhaps it's a bit early to start this...

Trucifere
x4

Post by Trucifere » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 15:15

It's never early ;) More long they take their time for test, more finished will be the product :P

ES powa ! ;)

prastagus2
x4

Post by prastagus2 » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 16:54

Same here. ALthough the free DLC is their way to make up for everything we went through until a stable 3.0

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 4. Nov 14, 04:56

It is a nice thing to do. :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 5. Nov 14, 20:52

https://steamdb.info/app/2870/history/

3.0 private beta 2 was uploaded to steam 4 hours ago :) :)

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 14:33

Has there been any official word regarding trade and 3.0?

One thing is the bugs (trade jobs not being followed), but when a shipyard has zero cargo drones yet wants to buy them at -10%, and the lowest seller is at +5%, then something isn't right IMO.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”