Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FlightJunkie
x4

Post by FlightJunkie » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 11:24

love the new performance. still not sure if its fully optimised.

In any case, honestly now, how you devs felt when you had to change the menu system. As far as I know changing your vision because everyone hated it can hurt.
this is not a xenon-> :xenon: its a Borg

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 12:14

I just don't see any performance increase, still about 20-30 fps depending on where I am.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 13:23

FlightJunkie wrote:I had an Idea for a possible expansion.

Name would be Research outpost Terra Omega

FULL STORY

A mysterious ship is causing trouble in argon sectors. As if this was not enough, the ship is invisible to all sensors and so the argonians call it the ghost ship. Photos of it are very vaque and rare because just as when you notice it you have mere moments before it gets away. You and Yisha embark on a mission to find the ghost ship. You go wherever there is trouble reported by the ghost ship until you notice a pattern. For some reason the mystery pilot of this ship searches for xenon communication protocols. In order to go by as unoticed as possible, he sabotages stations for distraction. You investigate further and mid mission a shady man contacts you after he heard you are looking into the case. He reveals nothing of his identity. Together you manage to find a secret gate that leads to a vast asteroid field. The ship is caught off guard and you can actually detect it on sensors. Not only you discover that it has a pretty sophisticated stealth system that stores heat in internal heatsinks along with a passive sensor system, the skunk's computer recognise the design. Origin, terran. Designation, X shuttle! It also turns out that there is no pilot. The ship is flying itself. It flees in the asteroid field and you follow. Though it engages its stealth systems, it is going towards a large structure that cannot be concealed. You discover the research outpost terra omega. Looking into the database of the innactive station you findout that it was build with personal funds by terracorp's founder Kyle Brennan. It was researching jump drive technology before the reunion but afterwards the research was shifted to xenon AGI and the understanding of it. They run tests and the sort. Also the X shuttle had turned into a testbed for various technologies the last of which was stealth systems. During a test went awry the AGI was released into an unkown part of the station. Fearing the worst Kyle locked down the station. It turned out the X shuttle hangar was infected with the AGI and the X shuttle had become its mainframe. For years it tried to contact the xenon, but unfortunately its communication protocols were different and it got attacked by the xenon whenever it approached them. The mission closes when the AGI turns out it can communicate with people and requests to be shut down as it will never achive integration with the xenon and be alone forever. The misterious man gives us the stealth systems and then dissapears.

ADDITIONS....

what do you think.
:gruebel:.....

As the Skunk proceeds to move away Oldman extracts himself from the secretly concealed cargo space aboard the X Shuttle.
Strapping himself back into the old familiar cockpit of the shuttle, and briefly testing the twin Gamma high energy plasma throwers, he pushes the throttle levers over to maximum, noting with satisfaction the rapidly expanding fireball which is now all that remains of the Skunk. :fg:

Some time later in a part of the galaxy...far far away, he cuts the engines and drifts slowly through what appears to be a pile of floating debris.
Suddenly, a light blinks, and from out of the darkness, a space suited figure moves towards the X Shuttles cargo hatch.

"Everything went according to plan Oldman? said Kyle Brennan as he strapped himself into the co-pilots seat.

"Yes Kyle, like clockwork, I planted the device at the co-ordinates you suggested, and the timer has been set"

"Good...good!" Kyle chortled..."When that goes off it should cause a ripple effect throughout the whole Rebirth universe, which in turn should cause the whole dammed thing to collapse in on itself!"

"Would that cause us to be thrown back into the old X Universe again Kyle?"

"Should do, if my calculations are correct...by the way...how was the Skunk, and your 'co-pilot'...what was her name again...?" Kyle grinned impishly.

"*Sigh*...Yisha... and the Skunk?...you just saw the fireball!, nuff said!" scowled Oldman.

"Fair enough!"...Kyle laughed...."We'll be back in the old X Universe in the blink of an eye!....but we'll put ourselves into stasis for the time being. It might take some time".

Oldman yawned as the prep for stasis slowly took effect, "Goodnight Kyle"

"Sleep tight Oldman, I'll wake you up when we're there"...Kyle flipped the controls to auto, closed his eyes and the Shuttle disappeared into the darkness of space.

:D

Oldman :)

FlightJunkie
x4

Post by FlightJunkie » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 14:25

lol woot :?
this is not a xenon-> :xenon: its a Borg

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 19:05

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Okay, so the "dronebay shield buff" only affects Rahanas, and the Sul ships?
Because those have almost indestructible drone pads, because they share shields with the biiiiiiiig capship generators.
Yeah. If that's happening, it's a bug!
You should go report it in beta forum. :wink:
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 19:16

No way! Its good that the dronebays are no longer the first ones to die.
Its a feature, not a bug! :)

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 21:18

I haven't been around here for quite some time but the announcement made me wonder if there is any hope for boron or paranid NPCs?
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 18:02

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:No way! Its good that the dronebays are no longer the first ones to die.
No, just no. 8)
They should fix that and just make it so that destruction of drone bay DOESN'T destroy all our ships drones.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 18:14

wwdragon wrote:
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:No way! Its good that the dronebays are no longer the first ones to die.
No, just no. 8)
They should fix that and just make it so that destruction of drone bay DOESN'T destroy all our ships drones.
Thats actually how it worked at release...
They changed it in one of the patches :(

pirke123
x4

Post by pirke123 » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 18:21

I like strong drone bays, otherwise there would be no reason to have more than 10 drones on a ship...

Capital ships should be really difficult to battle in the Skunk.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 23:25

Blimey haven't been here for a good five months but congrats Bernd with the offer of the free Teladi DLC and the 64 bit exe you've finally convinced me to purchase Rebirth :D
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 01:36

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:
wwdragon wrote:
No, just no. 8)
Yeah it should go back to this. Only adds annoyance to the game.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 03:23

werewolves? wrote:
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:
wwdragon wrote:
No, just no. 8)
Yeah it should go back to this. Only adds annoyance to the game.
Yup!
They should change it back now! 8)

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 05:34

shireknight wrote:Blimey haven't been here for a good five months but congrats Bernd with the offer of the free Teladi DLC and the 64 bit exe you've finally convinced me to purchase Rebirth :D
Yep, is playable now though I have limited myself to just piloting around in the skunk as a explorer and space sightseer. The 64bit is mainly just for larger memory usage benefit iirc.

It would be a good idea for Egosoft to send out a email newsletter to update everyone (who has subscribed), 'cause I suspect there's a lot a users who have abandoned the Egosoft / Steam forums, and it's not impossible a lot of people will miss (the free DLC) out on giving the Rebirth game another go. Then they will return to slag on about being discriminated against (true or not).

Been a while since the last email news anyhow, 'bout time for one.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 16:46

It's playable... there are some serious audio issues though.
I complained that performance when down near the end of release, after going up during beta.
I think that is caused by the audio things.

John McG
x4

Post by John McG » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 08:32

wwdragon wrote:It's playable... there are some serious audio issues though.
I complained that performance when down near the end of release, after going up during beta.
Yes I have had some problems with the audio cutting out altogether, and the only way I could get the sound back was by completely exiting the game and then restarting. It might have been a coincidence, but it seemed to happen when I was travelling down a highway if I was doing something at the same time e.g. buying and selling. I tried removing a mod that was meant to improve the sound when on a highway, and I don't seem to have had a problem with the sound since then.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 17:41

John McG wrote:
wwdragon wrote:It's playable... there are some serious audio issues though.
Yes I have had some problems with the audio cutting out altogether, and the only way I could get the sound back was by completely exiting the game and then restarting. It might have been a coincidence, but it seemed to happen when I was travelling down a highway if I was doing something at the same time e.g. buying and selling. I tried removing a mod that was meant to improve the sound when on a highway, and I don't seem to have had a problem with the sound since then.
I have sound problems when coming into a zone.
In fact it happened three times in a row last time I went from HoA space in Albion to the shipyard in Devries.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 20:25

Hm. With me sometimes all sounds disappear when I'm inside highways and come back when leaving the highway.

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 01:09

Fixes...features??? Hurm...requests off the top of my head.

1. A manager AI that is smarter than a Zombie. ([Gurgling] Metalworks need WHEAT...buy wheat...brains...no sell metal...just wheat.)

2. A third trade menu that shows supply and demand in a single panel (Based on what you have unlocked and by sector). How do you manage any economy with out this?

3. The ability to add and remove drones, upgrades, etc WITH OUT needing to go to another menu. That extra menu is...redundant and annoying.

4. Give the Scaldis true universal cargo...after all the description does elude to it having it.

I think I will stop there. There are more but I do not ant to type any more as I need to get back to managing my vast (10 stations) trade empire by hand...stupid zombie managers. [(Background noises) WHEEAAATTTT!!!!!]

GreasyBaz
x3tc

Post by GreasyBaz » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 00:25

"This expansion offers the player exciting new content, such as an independent storyline and a whole new star system containing two unique sectors"

How independent a storyline I wonder. Playing as someone completely disconnected from the main X Rebirth plot who flies something other than the Albion Skunk independent?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”