Version 2.5 released? Yes - Put your reactions here.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ognjen85
x3tc

Version 2.5 released? Yes - Put your reactions here.

Post by Ognjen85 » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 11:43

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347278

Is it just me or does this really says that patch is now officially released?

Will definetly check the my steam client once I get back home :-)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 11:44

Yes, yes it does. ;)

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 11:58

Steam is downloading a lot of update data so I would imagine it's gone live.

tarax007
x4

Post by tarax007 » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 12:10

Awesome ! Good work on it o7 :) Very good update
I dedicate in order to question,
universalizing fearlessness,
I seal the output of intelligence,
with the crystal tone of cooperation,
I am guided by the power of elegance.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 12:15

Lies! All lies! :lol:

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 12:36

on a more serious note. Rebirth has earned a positive review from me now :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezra-s/recommended/2870

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 12:54

Great and long awaited news CBJ :D, but now I really have to ask you: it's the third time in a row (if I'm not wrong) that your patch happens to go out at almost the same time as the Kerbal Space Program one...to the point that when I saw the last 0.25 from them a couple days ago, I've been confident to finally see the official 2.50 not more than one or two days ahead...and here it is actually...

Now, the real question is: why are you doing this to me? I have a work to go to, I have some beloved ones, I have a LIFE! This is a cruel thing to do to poor people like me :D

I think it's a bit too much suspicious (apart from the intruder in the Skunk cargo bay :P)...just in case, did you recently hear Bernd talking with some strange german-mexican accent, or speak to you about the importance of working as a "Squad"....should be good to know, just in case...

And now, sorry but I have a girlfriend to broke with, I'll call her directly from my ship's bridge :P

:lol:

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 13:37

Hurrah! *pops open a bottle of Champagne*

shea
x4

Well done egosoft,patch 2.50 makes the game much better

Post by shea » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 13:57

Just said i would drop in and hand it to you guys egosoft 2.50 patch makes the much more playable now,and the preformance is much much better. :D :D
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 14:05

Yeah, with 2.5 I have finally started to play XR and I enjoy it. Now, lets focus on upcoming additions as:

* official version of cap ship bridges with added tactical functionality and new fleet orders
* more fleshed out and aggressive pirate factions
* more exploration content in "empty space"
* more options of how to handle player stations and logistics
* new sectors

Hopefully 3.0 and the DLC will take care of this.

:)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 15:19

Artean wrote:
* official version of cap ship bridges with added tactical functionality and new fleet orders
:)
There is already awesome mode by Litauen:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=371286

I hope ES will put this in bonus pack or something :)

[Edit] Of course if Litauen doesn't mind that

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 15:22

This sounds good stuff. If anyone is doing any vids i'd really like to see them.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 16:57

Despite my preverbal axe and grinding stone absence of a tactical interface for fleet command, I must say the v2.5 patch made a good impression on me.

One thing I wasn't expecting was how less annoying I find the co-pilot now I can see her presence with the head movement. She feels part of the cockpit experience now. I think the co-pilot model would benefit from some uplift at some point.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 17:42

Iam dying to see the next roadmap now.
And content of the next patch. At least their plans for the next patch. :)

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 18:04

Just browsing the steam forums there seems to be a positive feel for 2.50..
Even some of the serial haters are giving positive feedback...
Cant wait for 3.0 and DLC ...Good work guys keep it coming :D

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 21:21

anyone else having problems loading save games from 2.2 release.

I get crash every time I try to load game.

If ES needs save game let me know...

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 21:33

Update: It does not happen with all games, but it did happen with quicksave game. I don't know if it does matter it was save in sector where my MED factory was.

No mods, not a save game from RC or BETA.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 21:57

Aken_Bosch wrote:it's the third time in a row (if I'm not wrong) that your patch happens to go out at almost the same time as the Kerbal Space Program one...to the point that when I saw the last 0.25 from them a couple days ago, I've been confident to finally see the official 2.50 not more than one or two days ahead...and here it is actually...
Hehe, you picked up on that as well huh :lol:
I thought exactly the same thing when I saw Kerbals had updated, got Kerbal space program installed after the initial "lets crash the servers" rush died down, came back to egosoft forum and yup, 2.50 just been released..
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

markusbrody
x4

Just started playing again. My thoughts and impression.

Post by markusbrody » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 22:27

My first impression was very good with the improvements that were implemented since I last played in February 2014. I like all the new menus but it could be a lot more intuitive. The map screen could use some work. I would suggest having a 3d map in your hud that shows a x,y,z axis so you can quickly located incoming ships as well as the ability to rotate the camera view of the map screen when viewing sector's.

As for the new menu its ok for use for menus such as coms if you don't have a key bound to it already. I would suggest to egosoft to have a more simplified category selection. Like say using the same system that is used for selecting drones but have the menu options viewable on a wheel so you can navigate wile flying. The same wheel system could also be used for fleet control so you can quickly and effortlessly command multiple ships without having to use a more time consuming menu system that is currently implemented. Every time I use that menu I have to stop and use the mouse to navigate through the menus to find the ships I need to give orders too if there not in the same sector I'm in. It takes time away from playing when I want to quickly order a ship to say assist me in the current sector. The same system could be use for any of the ships ability's such as mining, trading and combat formations or attack orders like max distance engagement.

I haven't had the time to setup a station yet so I can't comment on that but I look forward to seeing how that has improved. I had a 130 station complex in albion prelude so differently time to sink some time into building a massive complex. Good to read that the smaller ships are now buildable but I haven't had the time yet to experience that myself as well as the improved mining AI.

All in all a good job on egosofts part for working out the problems this game had a launch. I look forward to seeing the new DLC and can't wait for them to implement more upgrades to the Skunk to allow it to be more customizable and not such a linear upgrade path. Last but not least I can only hope in time they will implement the ability to spacewalk and board and fly other ships. I could see a lot of cool things they could do with spacewalk like repair jobs to ships or stations or covert missions. Even allow an upgrade system to your space suit that would allow for faster travel or personal shield generators, or even tools to do intricate mining for rare materials that can only be obtained by using the space walk and personal mining tools.

Keep up the good works guys. This game is shaping up to be what it was supposed to be a PC game for PC gamers.

{Merged with a current thread. No need for multiple ones of the same topic. - Nanook}
You think this is the real Quaid? It is!!!!!
BANG BANG BANG BANG!!! HA HA HA HA HA

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 05:37

It's a step in the right direction. :)

There's still a lot of missing things and some bad design choices that need to be fixed. :wink:
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”