Cargo Collect Mode?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gamer993
xr

Cargo Collect Mode?

Post by gamer993 » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 00:48

I cannot seem to get cargo collect mode working! I have a Titurel with 5 cargo lifters and some construction URVs, and when I try to enter cargo collect mode Yisha says"We currently have no ship capable of doing that". What is needed to make this mode work?

I also have a Rahanas with no drones but I will put some on it if it will work.
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 00:58

Is the ship in your squad?

For Cargo collection to work; the ship must be in your squad, have cargo lifter drones, and be in the same zone as you.

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 01:43

Yes it is in my squad and in the same zone. It doesn't have any orders either, is there a command to give it? It just follows me.

My X2 M6 Uses guide

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 04:17

Lander1979 wrote:Is the ship in your squad?

For Cargo collection to work; the ship must be in your squad, have cargo lifter drones, and be in the same zone as you.
It also must not have any orders, including 'hold position' or 'fly to my position'. These are /not/ reset when you go into cargo collect mode (the latter isn't reset when the ship has reached you, either), so basically if you comm the ship & see option 4 'follow me again' or somesuch, that's the option you want; nothing else will work
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Would be nice to issue order

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 08:31

It would be nice if a ship is in the area but not collecting cargo, to be able to give it the order

Collect tagged cargo.

The number of times a ship arrives or is waiting and does nothing, is frustrating.

Having to get a ship in follow me mode and then switch to cargo collect mode each time is silly.

I seem to spend a lot of time tagging cargo that will never get picked up.

Homer Simpson moment :headbang: DOH!
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 12:24

You know, cargo collection - even when working - is getting a bit old for me. I think we're at the point now where (with appropriate software maybe) we should simply be able to order a ship to collect stuff autonomously.

Cargo Collect mode isn't that great anyway. I mean Yisha says she's adjusting the scanners, but dropped Cargo isn't highlighted or shown any differently to "normal" mode, so you still have to hunt it down using dots on the radar. Once you're close they're highlighted like in normal radar mode. ALL this mode does is enabled the tag drones, it does not make finding dropped cargo any easier.

Scoob.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 15:08

I think that one of the new targeting softwares in 3.0 allows you to see container HUD icons from distance... Never tested myself however

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 15:53

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:I think that one of the new targeting softwares in 3.0 allows you to see container HUD icons from distance... Never tested myself however
I have the new targeting software but did not see a difference. Will check again.

Scoob.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 16:02

I checked the description closely, and it seems that it only gives you ability to use keys that cycle between crates...

Hardie
x4

Post by Hardie » Sat, 29. Nov 14, 23:10

i have the same SW and i can find containers by spamming strg+f (standard key), although i didn't try this on the big containers, from a hacked station/ship.

i`m trying to get the cargo collection to work too. I searched on the inet and it seems you need mining drones to collect that stuff, BUT i haven't tried it yet.
I7 6700k, 16gb @1333Mhz, Geforce GTX 980 TI

ps: please excuse my english

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 30. Nov 14, 10:20

Yes, I've done the cycling through dropped cargo thing. However, for me, it'd be useful if the Cargo Scanner (Mode) would actually highlight Cargo at a distance - say something similar to the LRS "ping". After all, this is a mode that's ONLY useful for cargo collection, yet it adds no enhanced ability to see cargo.

Not sure why OP is having issues with collection. I use a Titurel too for it's universal storage ability and it's worked ok for me so far.

Scoob.

Hardie
x4

Post by Hardie » Sun, 30. Nov 14, 10:33

yes a highlight would make sense maybe in a similar way the long ranged scanner does it.
I7 6700k, 16gb @1333Mhz, Geforce GTX 980 TI

ps: please excuse my english

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 02:30

Scoob wrote:You know, cargo collection - even when working - is getting a bit old for me. I think we're at the point now where (with appropriate software maybe) we should simply be able to order a ship to collect stuff autonomously.

Cargo Collect mode isn't that great anyway. I mean Yisha says she's adjusting the scanners, but dropped Cargo isn't highlighted or shown any differently to "normal" mode, so you still have to hunt it down using dots on the radar. Once you're close they're highlighted like in normal radar mode. ALL this mode does is enabled the tag drones, it does not make finding dropped cargo any easier.

Scoob.
I agree.
I also see no reason to have to switch to the drone when scanning or hacking.
They should be set and forget things, with speed of success based on the MK of the drone you are using.
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:I think that one of the new targeting softwares in 3.0 allows you to see container HUD icons from distance... Never tested myself however
I have bought all the best upgrades and cannot see anything extra on my hud.
Any idea how it's supposed to work?
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Trucifere
x4

Post by Trucifere » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 10:59

I think that you need surface mining drone for collect the containers.
The cargo lifter are made for transport container loaded in a logistic room to another room.
The surface mining drone have 2 arms for grab object in space.
But don't try myself since a wild, feeling with the design of the drones... :P

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 11:44

Trucifere wrote:I think that you need surface mining drone for collect the containers.
The cargo lifter are made for transport container loaded in a logistic room to another room.
The surface mining drone have 2 arms for grab object in space.
But don't try myself since a wild, feeling with the design of the drones... :P
Wrong, you need the cargo transport drones (however they are called actually :) ).

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Tue, 2. Dec 14, 03:01

Ok, I got this to work.

I ended up buying more drones, bringing up the total on the ship to 10 cargolifter drones. I also bought 5 of each of the other drones, (Scoop, surface miner, etc) After this it now works, I don't know why it didn't before as I am doing nothing else different. Is there a 10 drone minimum for the command to work?

My X2 M6 Uses guide

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

I was out doing cargo collect last night

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 2. Dec 14, 07:27

I was out doing cargo collect last night.

I have just 30 cargo lifter drones on the ship. The other drones ^^ are for mining and collecting gases.

I am using the Lyranea as this can hold multiple cargo types.

Anyway, there I was tagging lots of free floating ware cannisters when I noticed a real BIG PROBLEM.

These cannisters were near a highway. Guess What?

The cargo lifter drones were all getting swept away in the highway, and the AI has no way to break free! So off they went woosh. Wonder if the AI has the intelligence to get them back to their homebase?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Trucifere
x4

Post by Trucifere » Wed, 3. Dec 14, 18:10

Thanks Linolafett !

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 07:58

sorry to necro an old post, but I've just tried doing this - and that's only because of the replies in this thread explained how - the game UI...... wow, just wow.

Anyway I finally managed to tag the SECOND container after I killed the first with the inertial hammer... coz it says press CTRL to tag, except by default CTRL is ALSO "shoot at cursor...." (genius. not) swapped to mining laser and it let me tag.

And I waited, and waited, flew to a different zone, and checked on the titurel and it hadn't moved, crate was still there - tag was still visible.

20 minutes.

Crate was in free space, nothing near to threaten anything - it was clear.

so.... why wasn't it collected?

answers on a postcard...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 14:10

@ rafezetter: You probably were not in cargo collect mode with a ship in your squad that was free of orders, and totally ready and able to collect the ware container. You might have needed to give it the command 'follow me again' to cancel any previous orders it [thought it] had.

Also, if you use left mouse click rather than CTRL then your selected damage weapon would not fire and you would just launch tag darts instead.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”