Cargo Collect Mode?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Tue, 2. Dec 14, 03:01

Ok, I got this to work.

I ended up buying more drones, bringing up the total on the ship to 10 cargolifter drones. I also bought 5 of each of the other drones, (Scoop, surface miner, etc) After this it now works, I don't know why it didn't before as I am doing nothing else different. Is there a 10 drone minimum for the command to work?
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

I was out doing cargo collect last night

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 2. Dec 14, 07:27

I was out doing cargo collect last night.

I have just 30 cargo lifter drones on the ship. The other drones ^^ are for mining and collecting gases.

I am using the Lyranea as this can hold multiple cargo types.

Anyway, there I was tagging lots of free floating ware cannisters when I noticed a real BIG PROBLEM.

These cannisters were near a highway. Guess What?

The cargo lifter drones were all getting swept away in the highway, and the AI has no way to break free! So off they went woosh. Wonder if the AI has the intelligence to get them back to their homebase?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Trucifere
x4

Post by Trucifere » Wed, 3. Dec 14, 18:10

Thanks Linolafett !

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 07:58

sorry to necro an old post, but I've just tried doing this - and that's only because of the replies in this thread explained how - the game UI...... wow, just wow.

Anyway I finally managed to tag the SECOND container after I killed the first with the inertial hammer... coz it says press CTRL to tag, except by default CTRL is ALSO "shoot at cursor...." (genius. not) swapped to mining laser and it let me tag.

And I waited, and waited, flew to a different zone, and checked on the titurel and it hadn't moved, crate was still there - tag was still visible.

20 minutes.

Crate was in free space, nothing near to threaten anything - it was clear.

so.... why wasn't it collected?

answers on a postcard...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 14:10

@ rafezetter: You probably were not in cargo collect mode with a ship in your squad that was free of orders, and totally ready and able to collect the ware container. You might have needed to give it the command 'follow me again' to cancel any previous orders it [thought it] had.

Also, if you use left mouse click rather than CTRL then your selected damage weapon would not fire and you would just launch tag darts instead.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 16:09

Alan Phipps wrote:@ rafezetter: You probably were not in cargo collect mode with a ship in your squad that was free of orders, and totally ready and able to collect the ware container. You might have needed to give it the command 'follow me again' to cancel any previous orders it [thought it] had.

Also, if you use left mouse click rather than CTRL then your selected damage weapon would not fire and you would just launch tag darts instead.
Hi - I can see how you might think the above, but in the thread it tells you to set the ship to "follow me" - I did previously ask it to hold position. (although "follow me" is still an order?)

So I had - "follow me", was in cargo collect mode, had cargo drones x10 (also I used CTRL not the mouse, both times)

I'm going to have another go today if I find another crate - it was only by chance I found that others beside a small freighter that had been destroyed.
This game sure doesn't make things easy to work out.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 16:15

If you add the ship to your squad, you shouldn't need to give any 'follow me' orders for it to start moving to your location and be ready for you to select cargo collection mode.

However, if you have previously given it an order (maybe even including 'follow me' :o ) then you might have to issue 'follow me again' to remove any conflict. The ship/captain info/orders (while in cargo collect mode) should show something along the lines of 'Moving to Player Location, Supporting Player ship' - and the tasked ship should then be jumping, turning or moving.

It sounds as though you are referring back to a well out of date manual or advice.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”