Hacking Attempt has been detected - Resolved

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kkwaters

Hacking Attempt has been detected - Resolved

Post by kkwaters » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 15:39

when I am in the Trojan ROV mission, I go to hack a node, and when it completes, it tells me hacking attempt has been detected, and I do not get credit for the attempt. If it is a tech issue, please let me know how to work around it. If this is a game play issue, it is ok to spoil this particular scene so I can continue with the campaign. Thank you for your help.
"Reality is the Ultimate Role-Playing Game"

kkwaters

here are my stats via forum request

Post by kkwaters » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 16:55

Version is in English, 3.10 (190048-64bit)

No mods that I know of

Campaign @ the Trojan ROV mission

see above post for exact details of problem

DXdiag can be submitted if it is a tech issue and not game play issue, ask plz.

[/code]

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 21:18

Normally that message comes up when you fail to stop the moving gauge in the correct position hence getting a low score (bars that light up at the top of the gauge).

Check at 2 minutes 40 in this video for an example on how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvm8nnn ... _404569017

Basically you have to stop the moving gauge in the coloured section of the gauge, this may not be your problem and it could be that you need to hack things in the station beforehand, but I hope the video will help.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

kkwaters

Thank you

Post by kkwaters » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 23:57

basically, it was ignorance on my part regarding how to operate a hack drone. Thank you so much for the video it did help. It will take some time to test this out, so for now, this ticket is completed. Thank you again.

kkwaters

Trojan ROV Gameplay mechanics

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 18:02

OK, I am still not getting very far, even with the tutotial vids and such.
so - pointedly I ask a few questions:

1. What does the light meter above the target recticle mean?
what influences it? What does not?

2. when engaged in Trojan ROV, will police spot you via eyesight, or does the ligthmeter play a direct part in this detection?

3. Do I need to disable the station defences every time I want to use the Trojan ROV, including the two missions early in the game. (Find Yoolis, and the mission prior where you hack the station and insert the information to be distributed.)

4. Do I also, need to fully explore the station so I have 100% discovery of it before hacking with the Trojan ROV?

5. is there a mini-game associated with just the hack attempt itself? (Hit a key at just a right time kind of thing)

6. are there any physical dangers to a Trojan ROV? like, what does happen if the police catch you?

7. I keep getting an error message when I attempt to hack anything anywhere for any reason. "Hacking attempt has been detected."
I have already sold all old Trojan ROVs, and bought new ones after any patching for the game. I am stuck.... plz help.

kkwaters

still having troubles

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 18:04

thank you for your help earlier, not too sure how to stop the bouncing bar at what correct point. can you explain more?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 18:28

You get that message when your hack fails.

Thelight meter on top tells you how much energy you have in the drone, when it goes empty your drone-session will be cancelled, maybe the drone doesn't even return but im not sure about this part now.

Otherwise its a very simplistic minigame - you just need to click when that moving bar crosses the highest amplitude wave (or is in the most pink area).

kkwaters

thank you

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 18:37

I am off to try this out a bit. thank you for your help, I will repost back either way.

kkwaters

nopers.

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 18:55

this is getting very frustrating. I tried about 12 times to get the hack done during the time the mini game is running to hit the button at the exact time the cursor was going back and forth over the pink section. no dice. i have a screenshot, but cannot seem to post it or link it here. http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... 97b570.jpg
Last edited by kkwaters on Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 18:58

Yeah, I suck at that minigame too. Could be because the game runs so slow on my machine, but more likely just because I suck at it.

kkwaters

ack.

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:05

what i am concerned about is this: This may not be a game-play issue, even though a moderator moved it here from tech support. I do not believe it is so hard to 'hit it at the right spot.' I am pretty darn sure after 12 tries I hit it every time just fine with little to no lag, and it still does not take. what can I do to isolate this tech issue>?

kkwaters

hep!

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:07

ok. dear moderator of the forum. plz link this thread below my other post Trojan ROV gameplay mechanics. Also, plz take a scrutinous look at what I am trying to communicate. I think I have a tech issue, not a gameplay issue. thank you for all your hard work.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:11

Sorted out your img problem:
kkwaters wrote:[ external image ]
Don't know if you are experiencing a bug, but I never encountered a bug with the hacking/smalltalk minigame. I really just suck at it, and the game running slow in general makes the movement erratic. When I do get it, though, the trick is to hit it a little before the line moves to the spot that you want.

ps. that screenshot looks like you didn't click your mouse button at all until the line moved all the way back.
Last edited by w.evans on Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:12

Getting explanations of how to play aspects of the game is not a Technical Support issue unless your vanilla game is not behaving the same as everybody else's vanilla game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

kkwaters

Thank you for the help with the image

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:14

perhaps you could show me how this is done, if you have the time of course.
I am still pretty sure It is not gameplay, I hit the button a little before, a little late, right on the money, on the first cursor pass, on the second cursor pass, it is indeed a head scratcher, and has me locked out of plot progression in two places. ack.

kkwaters

ok.

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:16

not to be rude, but that is exactly what I am trying to point out. my game is not behaving like every other game. there is no way in creation the game would be released with a plot stopper this hard to figure out even if it was gameplay.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:19

Have you managed to get the moving line to stop anywhere within the bar? As it is moving towards the right, for example?

edit: just read that again and realized that it sounds kind of insulting. Sorry, wasn't my intention. Just trying to establish the cause of the problem.
Last edited by w.evans on Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:25

The thing is that we don't know what, how or exactly when you are clicking. Is your button press being registered at all and where does the moving cursor or bracket stop?

From the manual: "The goal of the mini game is to get as high score as possible. When the pulse [1] starts moving the player should try
to lock the pulse at the highest point of the graph [2]. Player locks the pulse by pressing LMB (or A-button)."
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:26

Taking a shot in the dark here... last weekend I was doing a hack. Instead of doing the single click to start the hack, I accidentally double-clicked, therefore selecting the start position before the bar moved across the screen. Needless to say I failed the hacking attempt. Is this the issue here? Again - shot in the dark.
Regards,
Thu

kkwaters

thanks you guys, all of you for your help

Post by kkwaters » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 19:44

well, I will try it again, using either the 'A' button and/or the LMB.
was wondering if the manual had more explanation, as I am a steam customer and never even saw the manual, this could very well be a case of RTFM, I will let you know as soon as I am done testing it out.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”