How to fix hostile station?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-=FL=- UniversE
x4

How to fix hostile station?

Post by -=FL=- UniversE » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 21:11

Hi guys,

Disclaimer: I know this question must have been answered somewhere, but google doesn't find it and the search function of this forum is bugged (it says: "the forum you selected does not exist").

when battling some pirates I accidently hit a Republic of Cantera station with a missile. Now this station is hostile.

I thought I could contact the defence officer to explain myself - but he doesn't want to speak with me.

Otherwise RoC and me are quite good friends.

So what can I do?

(There are no capships or police ships nearby - it's just the lonely station).

Thanks in advance.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 21:20

you sure it was only one Missile Hit? or did this Missile Destroy something? because for a Station to turn red 4 Seconds continonous Fire is necesary, a single Hit wont trigger this. absolute minimum is 5 hits with a hit rate of almost 1 per second. (except it killed something, which is an instant hostile)

on how to fix this: just wait 9 minutes, then the Relation of the Station will start to go back to your Race Relation (which may take another 1 or 2 minutes) - but dont hit the Station or anything belonging to it during this time, this will reset the Timer from my observation
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 21:24

If you leave the zone the station should return to normal but it will take a few minuets or more as long as other stations belonging to RoC are friendly you should not of dun any permainint damage to your rep

I use this bookmark to search the forums

http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_search ... gosoft.com
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

-=FL=- UniversE
x4

Post by -=FL=- UniversE » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 21:26

No, I'm not sure. I fired one missile on each of the 6 or 7 pirate ships. So maybe the colletaral damage was higher than just one hit. I also had some wingmen firing - I don't know if their hits also count for my reputation.

Thanks for the info - now I can leave the zone with a good feeling :)

Eightbal1
x4

that's why

Post by Eightbal1 » Mon, 19. Jan 15, 02:15

Yeah, you're wingmen probably got you in trouble. Any attack drones or capships or wingmen you have will not care whether their stray shots happen to fly into friendlies. Whenever fighting near friendly stations, I try to keep my cap ships at a distance or go solo for that reason because 9 times out of ten they'll turn the station against me.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 19. Jan 15, 03:54

I'm wondering:
What determines whether a bad action causes a permanent reputation loss with the whole faction or only a temporary loss with a single station/ship?

I'm feeling like i'm kinda playing "too nice" since i don't wanna make more enemies than neccessary (PMC, Pirates and Xenon are enough), but when i'm reading that some bad actions only cause temporary reputation loss with a single station/ship i'm curious how evil i'm allowed to be without permanently hurting my reputation with a friendly faction. :roll:

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 19. Jan 15, 05:53

Kill is permanent Rep Loss, Hit only causes temporary ones (even when you go over the threshold and the Object turns red)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

gertjanvdz

Re: How to fix hostile station?

Post by gertjanvdz » Thu, 11. Apr 19, 09:34

Lure some hostiles (khaak, xeon) to the station, kill them in the vicinity, and you'll gain back some reputation.

DON'T kill pirates as they can actually reduce your reputation, as they can be neutral to the owner's faction.
In life, you only die once!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”