Rebirth at 75% off on Steam, worth it?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 09:28

As Bones would say in Star Trek .... Jim, you cannot expect to put a fancy new saddle on a three legged horse and expect it to win more prize money ... need a four legged horse....

yoyolll

Post by yoyolll » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 20:35

UniTrader wrote:it is. the Devs said there will be another Patch soon, but thats all the details currently known.

also the talk about X4 is mostly from the community, the devs just hinted that the development of XR will go in the direction of X4/X3, but no specifics of wheter it will be a via patches, dlc or a new title yet
That's kind of misleading. The devs said that most things being developed from now on will be for the sequel, but additional patches or DLC for XR are not "ruled out".

IMO, this game is dead. Wasn't ever alive. Pick up the X3 pack, they're sooo much better.

EDIT: Sources:
CBJ wrote:Our main development focus at the moment is on adding new features to the game engine. The result of a lot of this work is likely to find its way into a new game rather than an update to XR, but that by no means rules out further updates to XR nor future DLC for it.
From this thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 6&start=10

Also the end of this interview with Bernd from March:
http://www.blastr.com/2015-3-30/explori ... rnd-lehahn
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8 mb @ 220 Mhz
20gb HDD

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 07:26

I can't believe I did it, but $16.99 for the bundle and a Linux version I just could not pass. I just hope it is not as terrible as the people say :)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 13:16

kurush wrote:I can't believe I did it, but $16.99 for the bundle and a Linux version I just could not pass. I just hope it is not as terrible as the people say :)
Good luck :D
Curious how you cope with it..

Greetings from my 131 m/s Kyoto :)

rugershooter
x3tc

Post by rugershooter » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 19:33

I think after reading these comments I will not waste £11 buying the game :)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 21. Jun 15, 22:56

pref wrote: Good luck :D
So far it just doesn't start on my Ubuntu, so likely I won't :)

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 22. Jun 15, 07:49

I bought it (and the Teladi Outpost). And I am surprised. Last time I played I got killed 3 times trying to get to the Capship in the begining. I actually made it past that point.....

EDIT: I probably should state that I died four times..... AND was playing on my brother's computer (he bought it when it first came out).
-- GD

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 22. Jun 15, 11:12

kurush wrote: So far it just doesn't start on my Ubuntu, so likely I won't :)
Oh well.. AP is much better anyways.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 00:42

kurush wrote:
pref wrote: Good luck :D
So far it just doesn't start on my Ubuntu, so likely I won't :)
timon37, the Egosoft dev for the Linux version, is very helpful if you post your problem in the Linux support thread in the Tech Support Forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 20:52

rugershooter wrote:I think after reading these comments I will not waste £11 buying the game :)
Honestly the only reason i got it during the sale was because steam refunds games now, so i gave it a shot at 10 bucks, turned out the game is a big steaming pile, so got my refund, so it ended well for me, lol.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 21:16

oh my got a refund at £10

what did you conisder not worth £10 (or for arguments sake a round of drinks between 3 people)?

adb0899
x3ap

Post by adb0899 » Wed, 1. Jul 15, 14:24

honestly, even if this game was free, it's not worth your time. get AP or TC, not only cheaper but it's worth playing. this game is a disaster. i would not even let this game take up room on your computer.

here are my reasons
TC/AP vs XR:
-any ship you want or one [not by choice]
-a robust economy[with mods] or barely functional economy [with mods]
-broken ai vs broken ai...... either way
-steep learning curve vs wtf am i doing?
-menu screen simulator vs i got a headache menu screen simulator/xbox menu system.
-a game you can play for hours and still learn and enjoy vs i can't stand this girl!!!

both games have alot of issues, but rebirth is just bad with issues.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”