(Will/Do you want) next DLC include a buildable Personal HUB/Shipyard for player?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do you want Shipyard / Personal Hub for next DLC?

Poll ended at Thu, 29. Oct 15, 19:01

Yes
75%
No
14%
Other (describe)
10%

Total votes: 69

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 00:50

Just started to play Metal Gear Solid V( this game is awesome )...... Anyway i think ego could do something simular for XR HQ . They did pretty good job for Mother Bace. In XR we could send our ships to do similar missions like in MGSV to gain rep,ships,crew or even materials. Im amazed how this can be addictive :D
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Makkenhoff
x4

Post by Makkenhoff » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 01:03

I voted no.

My reasons, briefly:

1. I don't like the idea of DLC.
1a. It gives companies inventive to only provide content patches for cash.
1b. It also may cause game features to be delayed for use as DLC.
1c. It detracts from the traditional development cycle.

2. Limited Resources
2a. Rebirth is by design, limited in resources due to story events.
2b. Recycling spawning ships is, at best, wildly unbalancing by that design.

3. Timing
3a. Any DLC that would be started on now, wouldn't be finished and out to market in a reasonable time.
3b. Distracting from current project(s).

4. Marketing
4a. Cost vs Profit Estimates of new DLC
4b. Reception vs Purchase of existing DLC

I'd like to point out that I have nothing against the idea of player HQ and shipyards. I just have found them to be rather shallow, even in the prior X3 games.

At best, I used them as a personal "all in one" hangar. I would build a single ship at a time. It was simply far easier to just buy them at a shipyard. Sure, it might be slightly cheaper, but it definitely never saved me any time. The only time I really used it was to build ships that I had to reverse engineer in order to produce, because the shipyard didn't sell that particular one. (Mostly talking Medusa Prototype here)

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 10:14

Nikola515 wrote:1) Multiple player ships.

2) Real wars( where ships invade and take over sector as well as possibility to destroy stations).

3) Real economy (where AI can build or abandon stations do to supply and demand ).

4) Expanding uneverse. If uneverse economy increase so should uverse it self. Random generated sectors or even solar systems should appear. So for example if im mining one sector and i run out of ore i should go somewhere else to mine...

5) Real pirates ( pirate board ships and take cargo for their shipyards operations). Also you can become piret or pay them not to atack you). Like paying mafia protection money ;)

This is just some of things i want to see... But i don't think ill ever se them in XR :(
/agree 100% for it i pay other full price game

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 13:15

Makkenhoff wrote:I voted no.

My reasons, briefly:

2. Limited Resources

3. Timing
3a. Any DLC that would be started on now, wouldn't be finished and out to market in a reasonable time.

4. Marketing

I'd like to point out that I have nothing against the idea of player HQ and shipyards. I just have found them to be rather shallow, even in the prior X3 games.

At best, I used them as a personal "all in one" hangar. I would build a single ship at a time. It was simply far easier to just buy them at a shipyard. Sure, it might be slightly cheaper, but it definitely never saved me any time. The only time I really used it was to build ships that I had to reverse engineer in order to produce, because the shipyard didn't sell that particular one. (Mostly talking Medusa Prototype here)
I'd like to comment on two of your points.

About DLC, I'm the in the same boat as you but...
Egosoft has been patching for long without releasing much new, they need new income and they announced new expansion (dlc) and new game coming later on, this imo helps them keep in business, they are a small company. But in the sense of DLC as in EA DLC's which are released on day one, for specific items and crapnot, I don't ever supposed those. Think of this as a expansion as there have always been, before the DLC thing was ever used.

About limited resources, exactly because of that recycling should be a must, how must you ever cope with the lack of resources if it isn't with recycling or other methods? otherwise you just have to wait pointlessly, or just pirate, things that become too repetitive if you just can do that. Suppose you are an honest trader/entrepenour and want to build a huge station (URV BTo or ship tech fab) but resources are scarce, how you get them? Waiting.. Waiting for too long while you try to "game" is not fun. I really don't see that as unbalancing.

Last but not least important, having your own means to be totally independent help you to play the role of another company. Even with mods that allow me to have a shipyard and such I have had to play for more than 6 game time days to achieve a whole cycle of most needed products for building my own empire... How is that unbalanced?

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 16. Oct 15, 16:35

Makkenhoff wrote:I voted no.

My reasons, briefly:

2. Limited Resources

3. Timing

4. Marketing

I voted Yes but after reading your post, you're Right, so scrub my vote to a No.

Stick to the Expansion Model, no Dlc unless it's freelc.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Mon, 19. Oct 15, 20:24

Hi all
Quickly other:
I take "DLC" as further enhancements...

1: HUB is a bit premature :)
2: SY of course
3: HQ I'm not in a hurry
4: Recycling is always interesting and shall not forcedly only take part of the previous points.

That lead us to modules... The idea could be to have something in-between these station and exploded in multiple mandatory modules to create them.
Not to mention the role of a research centre thrown in the middle :P
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

Rail_Balco
x4

Post by Rail_Balco » Sun, 25. Oct 15, 13:23

I voted as yes. It would be nice addition. Let's imagine superstation like that in DeVries, that is bigger than anything else you have built. You can start it as bigger warehouse, you can grow it through stages of small shipyard to capshipyard and even further, you can build segments that can produce some basic components for building ships, so you dont have to bring them in from outside. All of that with mandatory defense :)
No OP imho as you have always bring in majority of needed goods to build ships and until last building stages it can be vulnerable, in very beginning even very vulnerable. But you can always use it as main base (with corresponding force in case of attack) and in case you will loose it, you can still rebuild it. But you can build only one at a time.

Someone said it can have engines to slowly move around. I strongly disagree here as it would remind M0 class.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 26. Oct 15, 00:40

Voted Other

Not opposed to waiting till next title if its added to expand XR thats fine.

Player shipyard(s) is logically needed for the series going forward your an important faction by then. The salvage idea is great as shipyard is not just used just for blueprints and then building your own fleet.

Research (linked to your HQ station) if included could have two branches the asset buff (weapons/improved tech) and a universe lore.

Research PMC learn about corporate factions and Terracorp.
Research Terracorp learn it's history.
Research Nividium learn about Khaak.
Lore research may unlock short movie clips that can be viewed from main menu or a console from a player station/Skunk.

-- Ormac

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 26. Oct 15, 11:47

I wouldn't argue against the addition of Player HQ, but I won't beg for it either. There are things that interest me much more.
Maybe if the HQ was customisable, so I could (for example) make it work and look like my own hidden pirate station. Or a large commercial centre in the middle of Albion. Or a research station in Radiant Heaven. I don't really care about functionality, I want something interesting to have, something immersive.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 05:01

How about player HQ act not only as shipyard but R&D lab where we can develope weapons, ships and improve efficiency for our stations.

1) Develope MK? weapons,shields and engines for skunk.

2) Research wares (food,weaponry...) to increase efficiency of production for all of our stations.

3) Just like X3 HQ we can build and research ships.

4) Improve ships. With this we can improve our capital ships even more. Weapons do more damage,stronger hull or increase speed....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 11:48

voted yes because
The current economy really needs Ware sinks of any kind, and a playershipyard/hq/something else would help here.

but I'm no friend with making it a dlc.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 12:08

I think the OP's title makes it clear that the HQ element should be within a much wider DLC being released anyway and should not be the entire DLC addition.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 16:28

Yes, this kind of discussion about DLC does not interest me at all, let's call it expansion, or whatever comes next with patch 4...

Peanutcat
x4

I just figured out what the extremely vital thing the game needs...

Post by Peanutcat » Mon, 2. Nov 15, 21:23

..is and it is the PHQ. I loved the Player HQ in the previous games, it looked badass, served absolutely no good purpose and was a goal that I strived to reach all the time. Plus you could also repaint ships.

I was boarding a Titurel when I realised that I wanted to repaint it, I don't like it's red ish colour that makes it look like a pirate vessel not something that I have then it struck me that it was the PHQ that allowed us to fix such things in the past. Now I humbly ask of you Egosoft if there is a chance that we might ever recieve something like this in Rebirth.

Our own unique station that we can base our fleet at that will allow us to customize our ships, giving our fleet a specific paint job to make it ours would be amazing.

Again, I humbly request that this might be added into the game, hopefully in one of the awesome big patches that you guys have a history of doing, if that's not possible then incorporate it into a DLC if you have one planned. It'd make my game complete.

{Since there's already an ongoing current thread about this very thing, I'm going to merge the two. - Nanook}
F signature

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 2. Nov 15, 21:45

I think that in every previous X-game the PHQ was added in patch after the release, so I expect PHQ to be in X-Rebirth for 4.0

If not this will be extremely lame.

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Mon, 2. Nov 15, 21:45

that's actually not a bad idea. they could make it a long-term mission in one of the upcoming DLCs so you actually have to earn it first.

It doesn't have to be that "unique" - the stations are already ingame - they could use those assets, and just mark it as a player station like the rest of them - just maybe add your own shipyard for repairs and restocking on drones and changing skins.

I also once wished for a similar mission that would enable you to change skunk's interior so you're not stuck to a "single ship". But then egosoft patched multiple interiors and you could just buy them :D

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 2. Nov 15, 22:06

sysryn wrote:they could make it a long-term mission in one of the upcoming DLCs so you actually have to earn it first.

[...] - just maybe add your own shipyard for repairs and restocking on drones and changing skins.
I like those ideas. Plus, you could then add other missions that would unlock access to building certain unique ship models. They have a few nice unused models in stock already. (I'm thinking about these "Golem" and "Moebius" fighters that no shipyard produces) It would add some end-game objectives.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”