Totally Frustrated beta 4.0

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 11:46

:lol: “1. A Cup of Tea

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), recieved a university professor who came to inqure about Zen.
Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.
The professor watched the overflow until he could no longer restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"
"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your up?”
― Nyogen Senzaki

ceeldee
xr

Problem Rebuilding De Vries 4.0 Beta

Post by ceeldee » Sat, 6. Feb 16, 07:39

Well Mission is to rebuild De Vries. Thought I would bring all my ships to Gushing Spring so added all to my squad, Taranis and construction ship do not move. Ordered via com to fly to me , no move. Flew to construction ship , boarded and ordered take me to Gushing Spring, no movement.

Is this broken or am I doing something wrong. By the way where in Glaring Truth am I supposed to build ?

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sat, 6. Feb 16, 10:23

Do your ships have jump fuel?
If no, do the captains have "auto refuel" enabled in their details?
If ships don't have enough fuel it can take them about 10 minutes to charge up their jump drive for a single jump. Set "Auto refuel" to "on" and they should move to the closest recharge facility as soon as they can move/jump (again, which could take a bit of time).

What navigation/leadership score do your captains have?
The less stars they have the longer it takes them to react to your commands.

You can build the station anywhere you like in Glaring Truth.

The Taranis you get during the campaign is always a bit wierd. It never moved no matter how long i waited.
Did you just get the Taranis after the battle where you had to board it? Sometimes it won't move away from the Heart of Albion fleet. I'm not sure why that is, maybe it's because of the campaign and you'll get it back later after the campaign is done.

Personally, i just sold the Taranis for ~15m to get some money for building stations (hint : a H2O additive facility (buildable by Albion construction vessel) in Gushing Spring + Sequana freighter to mine ice is really nice money!).

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Sat, 6. Feb 16, 12:14

@RA Tx. I reloaded an earlier save, dropped other vessels from my squad,

added construction ship to my squad while parked in Garing Truth and I think it has turned up. Gushing Spring always seems to have a number of aggressive reivers, might do later.

ceeldee
xr

Problem ReBuilding De Vries Beta 4.0 Part 2

Post by ceeldee » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 12:38

Well have my Construction Ship in tow , I reach the building site indicator,
comm the architect BUT the option to build says " build limit reached for this game version" . Could it be I need the estimated $6 mill up front ?

I only have $1.8 mill at present. Am I missing something ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 13:45

Please ask questions and make comments specifically to do with the beta version in the public beta forum threads.

If you are just asking general gameplay questions not especially related to the beta then they belong in the X Rebirth Universe forum.

I don't see many spoilers in this thread nor your other threads here and so merging them and moving them there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MaGicBush
x4

Post by MaGicBush » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 16:43

I just beat the hack mission a short while ago and there is an easy way to do it. Granted I am playing on 3.6 so I am not sure if they changed it. I was stuck for a while on this mission as well and got very frustrated. Finally my last attempt I flew my ship right up under this spot in the station and I was able to hack from there. The enemy ships could not get to me and had no clear LOS to shoot except every now and then, but my shields could take it.

pref
x4

Re: Problem ReBuilding De Vries Beta 4.0 Part 2

Post by pref » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 20:40

ceeldee wrote:Well have my Construction Ship in tow , I reach the building site indicator,
comm the architect BUT the option to build says " build limit reached for this game version" . Could it be I need the estimated $6 mill up front ?

I only have $1.8 mill at present. Am I missing something ?
Thats a text from a certain XR Demo 2016 (comments from the text page). Probably if you play the full game you can build more stations?
Never knew there was a HoL demo..

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 01:45

Well, it seems I needed to click on the build site symbol not comm the architect directly. Text must be left overs caused by an unexpected input.
Any way build started and the architect took all my cash ! !! Typical.

Do I have to feed in more cash for completion , estimate was $6mill + and only had $ 1 mill + ?

Itaros
x4

Post by Itaros » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 03:56

It becomes fully qualified resource sink for economy and will be unable to buy more resources if it doesn't have enough money. But nothing stops you from supplying materials yourself or giving more cash later.
Staring at Yisha in VR

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 05:38

Tx, It I will give money, I have assigned my trade ship to the architect will that work ?

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 14:49

ceeldee wrote:Text must be left overs caused by an unexpected input.
Just a simple mix-up. Should have said: "View the encyclopedia entry for the selected station." Sorry for the confusion this caused.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 15:21

ceeldee wrote:Tx, It I will give money, I have assigned my trade ship to the architect will that work ?
Trade ships assigned to Architects can only buy wares within the same Sector as the Architect, even after their station has build a Command Relay (AKA radar dish). Therefore, depending on the sector, the Architect is unlikely to be able to buy all it needs automatically. You could put the Sector name into the Trade Deals menu text filter to see if all the build materials are for sale.

More details on building and running stations can be found on the wiki here:

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... I/Stations

Please feel free to add to or update the info.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 22:40

Are you sure about that ?

I regularly build stations in OL, with 'you take care of supplies'.

All items are promised & supplied very quickly,
some of which I think may not be available in-sector.

But maybe I've got so many stations, the latter half of the last sentence is not true.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 22:47

I'm sure about the Architect's range restriction but you mention a good point - an Architect will probably be fine in a major system due to the local NPC traders (or the presence of other player stations in the sector).

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 22:50

I think by default, the trade range on the station is a system where the station is built, then it can be switched to a sector and a whole system, like Devries, depending on the radar is built or not. OL has a lot of resources. If you built in Devries, you'd see that you would be out of fusion reactors and reinforced metal platings in no time.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 22:54

reanor wrote:I think by default, the trade range on the station is a system where the station is built, then it can be switched to a sector and a whole system, like Devries, depending on the radar is built or not.
Even after a station and it's radar are built, the wares needed for station extension/upgrade are still ordered by the CV and it is unfortunately unable to make use of the station's radar to increase the CV's buying range to system.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 03:12

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Glaring Truth too. In both of these sectors you could, for example, pull assassination missions and use pirate Balors and Light Suls for boarding practice :twisted:
I have seen single Light Suls yet in DV.... Balors are somewhat pain to capture becuse of those damn missiles destroying my pods and sometimes coming back to destroy ship too :evil: I find it easier to board Terran destroyers than Balors....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 08:32

Balor and pods get along fine if there are no missiles close to the Balor when Boarding starts and you fly back away after they're launched. Or at least I've never seen the missiles target pods yet, and they attach pretty quickly compared to missile ROF.

ceeldee
xr

Campaign Grinds to a Halt Beta4.0

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 00:57

Well have just completed Albion Exodus , I think I need to complete the build of the URV Forge. Problem is it has all resources except 38 Fusion Reactors, funny thing it has sourced 200 + by itself but is now stuck.

They are not available for sale so I cannot supply. Does the Architect need more money ? The Constructor credit balance does not seem to show, and every time I offer credits it cleans me out, it should allow me to determine how many. Don't tell me I have to hunt and board cargo vessels , that would be a total pain. Another thing just noticed the only ship with a jump drive is the given Rahanis, purchased ships do not , couldn't understand why my other cargo ship never got anywhere. Makes for slow going.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”