Totally Frustrated beta 4.0

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 01:04

What is your 'other cargo ship'? If it's L/XL class have you given its captain explicit orders to automatically refuel? (you only need do this once per captain)

The dearth of FR/RMP at the Plot midstage is WAD; it's designed to encourage you to find your own solutions to the 'problem'. Building your own stations for the required supplies or pirating other ships are 2 ways of getting around the shortage; there are others..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 04:34

The one I sold in frustration was a Mercancias M size no jump drive. May have been low on fuel . How to tell auto fuel ? I can see an order to refuel but no auto option. My ship with jump drive has 59 fuel cells is this enough for a jump ? I have applied 2 mods Galaxy Trade and Auto Skills, there has also been a game update, any way I noticed FR available today and have ordered purchase, fingers crossed.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 04:47

Only L and XL ships have jumpdrives, anything smaller has to travel conventionally.

To make the ship refuel automatically go into it's details, expand "Management", select the captain, go into details again, and there you'll find an option "Refuel Automatically". Select it, click on "Change" button, it'll change to Yes.
Alternatively, when the ship needs to jump but has no fuel, the captain will contact you and ask what to do, you can tell them to refuel automatically in that dialog.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 08:53

Frustrating, did not have enough storage space to collect all FR's , could not order a drop cargo to trader to make room , only purchased 12 and now again non available.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 10:03

ceeldee wrote:Frustrating, did not have enough storage space to collect all FR's , could not order a drop cargo to trader to make room , only purchased 12 and now again non available.
Should be some more available before long.

FRs are produced on a 20 minute production cycle, assuming the stations which make them have sufficient resources. Catch is they're also popular with NPC traders so tend to be bought quite soon after a new batch is available. Best way to counter that is to scan the production modules on the stations which make them.

Checking the details for scanned modules will then let you know how long it is until the next batch is finished, so you can be ready to put in a trade order to buy them. Also allows you to check on the resource status of the station. If it's stopped production due to lack of resources you can easily determine what needs to be supplied to get it working again.

X-Me

Re: Campaign Grinds to a Halt Beta4.0

Post by X-Me » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 14:31

ceeldee wrote:Well have just completed Albion Exodus , I think I need to complete the build of the URV Forge. Problem is it has all resources except 38 Fusion Reactors, funny thing it has sourced 200 + by itself but is now stuck.

They are not available for sale so I cannot supply. Does the Architect need more money ?
Hello,
when wares are unavailable for long periods (that is: there's very high demand, but zero offer) it's because there's a problem with the producer of those wares: usually they lack a required resource.
You can wait for the problem to solve by itself (it will, but it may take a while), or you can provide the missing resource to resume the production of the missing ware. You'll see, it's no bug. It's a game feature.

I had your same 'problem', just different wares :)
See this thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=386033

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 14:49

Often the first 2 fabs i build is an FR and RMP fab in a busy sector where there is a high chance to get supplies. Sometimes AI traders can take trade offers quicker then player and in that case they might supply you if you told the architect to deal with the resources. You can still supply everything so you dont have to wait for AI traders if you can provide the needed wares.

If you plan on further station constructions building those 2 fabs will be more or less mandatory anyway.

ceeldee
xr

Fed up With Beta 4 Again Caveat Emptor

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 11:37

Well have progressed a fair way thru the campaign but impossible to proceed . Does any paying customer need this ? Fusion Reactors needed to proceed , none available in a scripted plot ! Don't tell me about looking for none existent ships to board. In a commercial environment supply expands to meet supply or the highest bidder gets supply. Cant even build a trader because there is no plate in the shipyard. Don't mind difficult, but it is rubbish. Think I'll do a metacritic review. This supposed to be entertainment.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 12:08

I 'll be honest with you. You seem upset about it all right? Are you sure its the fusion reactors and plates that upset you and not the whole VR thing?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 12:50

Araknis wrote:I 'll be honest with you. You seem upset about it all right? Are you sure its the fusion reactors and plates that upset you and not the whole VR thing?

The phrases stick to mind so much that I can't help but...
:lol:

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 13:04

Well the problem is, if you don't finish the campaign then you cannot
go about sandbox play because of the hostiles and locked OL gate. Could start again but then wasted 24 + hours progress , not really a great outcome for what IMO is basically a broken plot.

axeslay3r
x3ap

Re: Fed up With Beta 4 Again Caveat Emptor

Post by axeslay3r » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 13:16

ceeldee wrote:Well have progressed a fair way thru the campaign but impossible to proceed . Does any paying customer need this ? Fusion Reactors needed to proceed , none available in a scripted plot ! Don't tell me about looking for none existent ships to board.
all incorrect , it's not impossible. I've done it Multiple times.
after the second time , I started planning ahead and using that cargo ship too
hold the wares that were scarce at that point in the plot. you do get it back
after all, may as well use it :wink: just work up the needed funds.
the play through I am doing now , I even managed too cap 2 titerals before everything was impounded , and yes I even got those back as well .
and as for your "non existent" ships , they are out there , I am betting your looking in the wrong places , I cant think of the zone off hand , but theres a PMC shop that makes fusion Reactors , I hung out here and mugged a freighter or 2 that had them, same with the plates , it's time consuming
that's why I hit upon buying what I needed before hand .
and you could try too stop with the passive aggressive threats , and ask for advice , this community is very helpful.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 13:17

Its much easier to build that FR fab right at start, while initial NPC stocks last.

Blower68
x4

Post by Blower68 » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 13:23

AFAIK there are friendly stations producing FR (I think it was LI).

Main issue here is usually a shortage of ressources to build them. Go for this fabs (ship-tec) and scan the production modules. You'll find when the next Batches are produced or which ressources are missing and could be delivered by your own ships for Profit.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 13:57

Three similar theme threads from the OP merged.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 23:38

Well what you are saying is that if you were informed earlier you wouldn't run up a dead end. By the way Shipbuilder wont build anything cause no RMP. The thing is the game is log jammed and if I throw awat the 24 hours play , I can start again and plan ahead. The game needs fixing, which is not unusual, it supposed to have difficulty levels but I don't know they make any difference.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 00:10

As others have stated, PMC is not the only seller of Bio-Optic Wiring, Fusion Reactors or Reinforced Metal Plates. You just have to find the non-PMC stations in Albion that sell them, make sure they have the resources they need, and then wait for them to produce wares, and buy before anyone else does. You can find what they are missing, and exactly when they finish a production cycle by scanning the station. Especially if you do it with a beholder drone.

You do not have to plan ahead, although if you do it is easier. Instead, you just have to use all the tools available in the game. Station not producing? Stock it with wares, and earn money. Need a cap ship to trade? Buy one. Can't buy one? Capture one. Station won't sell you the wares it has? Hack the station, and collect dropped wares with cargo drones. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 01:12

Everything as DavidGW already said.

To go a bit more into details, there should be a couple Ledda Industries stations around Albion producing the much sought fusion reactors, in my last campaign I simply bought most of the needed ones from them (and "borrowed" the remaining quantity from a Sanahar passing by)...as for the RMP, the needed ones for the campaign should already be in stock in the CV the plot gives you...if you need others to build a ship and no one produce them, look for PMC ships carrying them to hijack...or, steal the ships directly, and start building yours when you'll find the resources in other systems...

It's not like the game don't give you choices, the trademark "Trade - Fight - Build - THINK" is there for a reason after all. ;)

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 01:36

Well I don't know what version of the game you guys are playing. In 4.0 Beta I know where the FR producers are and they are friendly. However the area( and rest of AL) is crawling with hostile PMC and Skunk is hunted within seconds of arriving and cannot hang around. Also there are at least 6 PMC ships milling about to buy the same FRs .Any available are snapped up by them even though my architect is offering a higher price than them. I think I made the mistake of ordering an additional module in building the URV Forge , otherwise I think enough would have been available. The game needs more realistic resilience, it shouldn't be so artificially balanced you can dead end. I think most consumers are going to feel let down . All the needed resources to build my ship and complete forge are within 30 km of each other a)FR's in shipyard b) RMP in Construction Ship in DV. Go figure.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 02:19

Well more issues. Left the game on overnight. Now the only trade offers not Red are for goods Rahanis cannot carry. No Deals Available. I have noticed that the DV Shipyard trying to build my Ship is also trying to buy FR's even though it has 1500 or so in stock. While it is blindly buying what it doesn't need but I do, it doesn't build my ship cause no RMP.

Just did a cruise thru to Big Empty to see if any change , no, any stop along the way attracts overwhelming hostiles , can dock on friendly stations if quick about it. Help !! Make some changes Devs.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”