Totally Frustrated beta 4.0

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 02:29

If you leave off attacking PMC for a bit (and/or increase PMC rep by killing pirates in their zones near their stations) they won't attack your freighters (they /will/ attack any FIGHT ships though, including Skunk); in this way you can transport wares OOZ (helped by OOZ flight mechanics): you can't transport station-build wares via Skunk anyway..

As to the wait, you'll just have to put up with it I'm afraid (or start a new game using your new knowledge)

There is no imperative for you to continue with the Plot; at almost any point you can fly off & do your own thing now you've opened the DV gate. If you continue with the plot certain gates will be opened for you, but there are (DLC) back routes around those gates if you wish to gain early access to the interdicted areas..

Alternatively you could simply restart as a free play game & have all areas open to you from the start..

This is primarily a sandbox game; the plot is simply there to provide a basic directed tutorial of /some/ of the ways you can achieve what you wish to accomplish; it is by no means all-encompassing (& wasn't designed to be such) & doesn't provide 'progression to a goal' as most modern games do. Once you've finished the Plot you can do as you wish (as if you'd begun a freeplay start) albeit with a few extra (mostly minor) assets
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

ceeldee
xr

Beta 4.0 Suggestions

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 04:00

Have Shipbuilding Stations stop ordering Fusion Reactors When their stock level reaches 350 or so. This may ease supply situation . My current game stuck on plot build no FR's, but the Ship Build Station in DV nearby still ordering FR's with a stock of 1500 but no RMP to build anything. Mutual lockout.

Introduce a False ID Ware which if carried in Skunk , allows free passage thru issuer territory eg unhindered travel thru PMC space. Might also allow Taranis exit from AL .

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 05:00

There is no need to ease anything. Your task as a player is to build a station, and thus find ways of doing so. It's just one plot station. If you're planning on building more of your own, you have to be able to solve the supply problems ;)

...And the plot Taranis already can exit Albion.
Spoiler
Show
Barring PMC destroyers, the only real obstacle is the beacon in Wrecksville. It's near a PMC Recharger, and one of it's Targon Tracers is in range of the ship when it jumps in. So, disable that Targon Tracer before Taranis jumps in or immediately after if you're traveling with the ship. You can use Novadrones or a Traitor ROV, for example.

brettt777
x4

Post by brettt777 » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 05:47

We need to be able to use TrackIR to look around easily. To me this is a no-brainer.
Matthew 11:28

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 07:33

@radcaprocorn Are you playing 4.0 ? I did order the Taranis to move it was killed by the station not by another ship. It is more than 1 plot station because there is no further plot if you cannot build the Plot station. In addition it makes no sense for Ship Docks to keep ordering and taking
resources when they a) have a huge surplus and b) they cannot build anyway because they don't have any RMP. At the mo Shipyard cannot build for me because no RMP and I cannot complete the Plot Forge because no FR's. Also I have noticed that in 4.0 at least there are multiple NPC traders milling around the FR producers , they get them first, . The economy in my game seems to have gridlocked. No offers for goods Rahanis can carry, no deals available. IMO 4.0 beta needs a rebalance.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 07:54

Thanks Snaf, my Freighter (singular Rahanis) isn't attacked, but several people suggest I hang around the sellers and scan their production cycle. Well hanging around in Skunk isn't a healthy pastime there. I haven't been attacking PMC, cleaned up a few attackers in DV but I assume they weren't PMC. No you cannot sand box from here because , cannot build a ship, shipyard stuck, cannot build a station Constructor stuck. The gate to OL which I found is not operative. The thing is this is a game for sale to any unsuspecting punter who buys it, not just the welded on fans. After you have invested 24 + hours I would think at some difficulty level there should be balance and logic to the game that allows the satisfaction of completing what you have started. I know if I restart I can get thru the plot but I shouldn't have to. It is the same old fragile story with bandaids.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 08:09

I have played through the plot 2.5 times. | gave on the first attempt.
Then in subsequent play I traded and capped serveral freighters and stocked them with the required resources. I either bought the resources or hacked stations to get them for free.

After that I took fight missions in zones with PMC stations, lured the enemy to the PMC area of control and destroyed them. Thus gainiing rep with PMC.

I am now back up to positive rep. It was long and arduous but entirely possible. Not worth doing though until the plot ends.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 08:39

ceeldee, if we could all complete a challenge any way we liked they wouldn't be challenging, would they?

People have explained how you could buy or steal the wares you need. Insisting that something is broken because your Architect in a different system is somehow unable to collect wares passively before NPCs buy them actively is not the game being broken. Its the effect of choices you are entitled to make.

ceeldee wrote:Thanks Snaf, my Freighter (singular Rahanis) isn't attacked, but several people suggest I hang around the sellers and scan their production cycle. Well hanging around in Skunk isn't a healthy pastime there.
The selling stations mentioned are not hostile towards you during the plot so all you need to do is wait for PMC to fly away from production modules you want to scan, or lead PMC far away if they chase you. Then, when you can see the wares are about to be built every ~10 minutes, you can try and order a manual trade with a container ware trade you own or steal.

Or you can continue to use the excelent galaxy range trading mod instead of taking player advice or duplicating the 100 EC mission/tutorial, and complain in multiple vanilla threads that the vanilla game is broken :roll:

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 15:27

ceeldee wrote:@radcaprocorn Are you playing 4.0 ? I did order the Taranis to move it was killed by the station not by another ship.
Yes, I am playing the 4.0 Beta (well, it's RC now), and yes, I've completed the plot on Hard somewhere during Beta 5 or 6, and yes, the Taranis will get killed if you're not careful. In the spoiler above I described one way of avoiding it, perhaps there are others.
Spoiler
Show
In fact, there certainly are other ways with the Teladi Outpost DLC. Still, perhaps there's more than one way in vanilla game as well.
To provide a little summary of the options Sparky is talking about in the post above, regarding wares for station building:

(In no particular order, options are not exclusive)
1. Wait for a couple dozen hours for the economy to start taking care of things on it's own.
2. Speed up the process by trading with your own ships within Albion, making sure the production chain is well-supplied. (This is what I did in my playthrough)

If you're impatient:
3. Hack one of the stations that has the wares (friendly one if you're devious, PMC if you're cunning or feeling lucky)
4. Pirate the goods from freighters that snatch your supply. Give them a Dyrwoodan hello and hope enough containers survive, or capture them.

dfm5000

Re: Totally Frustrated beta 4.0

Post by dfm5000 » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 23:30

ceeldee wrote:In the campaign I am up to Find Youlis. It seems I have hours of conflict with hostile hordes everywhere in front of me. Had to sell my Police Scanner to fund the required Trojan ROV. I am almost out of funds with no apparent means to earn since everywhere I am hunted ( getting bloody tiresome). The controls IMO (CH HOTAS) don't really lend themselves to smooth dogfighting, always hopelessly outnumbered anyway. Is there a peaceful area for a break to earn some cash for upgrades ?
Wow you mean they introduced challenging gameplay into this game? Stop bs me.

Assailer
x4

Re: Totally Frustrated beta 4.0

Post by Assailer » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 06:34

dfm5000 wrote:
ceeldee wrote:In the campaign I am up to Find Youlis. It seems I have hours of conflict with hostile hordes everywhere in front of me. Had to sell my Police Scanner to fund the required Trojan ROV. I am almost out of funds with no apparent means to earn since everywhere I am hunted ( getting bloody tiresome). The controls IMO (CH HOTAS) don't really lend themselves to smooth dogfighting, always hopelessly outnumbered anyway. Is there a peaceful area for a break to earn some cash for upgrades ?
Wow you mean they introduced challenging gameplay into this game? Stop bs me.
I played campaign in hard mode and found it too easy, perhaps it's time to play it again :)

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 02:20

Well thanks for all the advice guys, I decided to restart and have taken appropriate precautions to ensure I wont encounter the same shortages initially at least. I appreciated the sarcastic ones and hairy chested ones as well as the helpful ones. All proceeding well although I did notice my Trojan ROV disappeared after I had successfully hacked the station in the Albion Rendezvous mission. Maybe I had to wait for awhile after returning to cockpit and left without it ? Anyway no drama proceeded Ok without it.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 07:10

Leaving the ROV while it and Skunk are close to station might make it take a while for the ROV to return, or it can even get stuck in station's geometry.

In the top-middle of the screen when you're controlling the ROV there's a "compass", which indicates the general direction towards Skunk. You can use it to navigate back, and once the ROV is close enough, exit out of it and it should dock pretty quickly, though again it would depend on how easy it is for it to reach Skunk's nether regions...

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 03:09

Thanks Radc, yes I think I left it behind or maybe it was shot by locals. Any way bought another later on. Have completed the URV Forge build, no problem, it maybe my imagination but second play thru FR's are much more available, wondering if devs tweaked economy.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 03:17

Unlikely. It's almost a living thing, so it varies between playthroughs. I, for example, am currently suffering from HIT/MA turrets shortage (free play, roughly 50 hours in). As in, fusion reactors are much more common for me than those turrets. And the pesky producer sold off the recent batch to someone else, even though it was I who did all the supplying! :)

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 18:48

radcapricorn wrote:There is no need to ease anything. Your task as a player is to build a station, and thus find ways of doing so. It's just one plot station. If you're planning on building more of your own, you have to be able to solve the supply problems ;)

...And the plot Taranis already can exit Albion.
Spoiler
Show
Barring PMC destroyers, the only real obstacle is the beacon in Wrecksville. It's near a PMC Recharger, and one of it's Targon Tracers is in range of the ship when it jumps in. So, disable that Targon Tracer before Taranis jumps in or immediately after if you're traveling with the ship. You can use Novadrones or a Traitor ROV, for example.
If the Captain is 3 stars or more they will boost to safety when their shields drop to about 60%
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”