Totally Frustrated beta 4.0

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ceeldee
xr

Totally Frustrated beta 4.0

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 01:12

In the campaign I am up to Find Youlis. It seems I have hours of conflict with hostile hordes everywhere in front of me. Had to sell my Police Scanner to fund the required Trojan ROV. I am almost out of funds with no apparent means to earn since everywhere I am hunted ( getting bloody tiresome). The controls IMO (CH HOTAS) don't really lend themselves to smooth dogfighting, always hopelessly outnumbered anyway. Is there a peaceful area for a break to earn some cash for upgrades ?

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 01:45

gemstone manufacturer seems always quiet in my game.

do missions there. :)
X gamer , one at a time.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 02:17

Glaring Truth too. In both of these sectors you could, for example, pull assassination missions and use pirate Balors and Light Suls for boarding practice :twisted:

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 04:14

Cuspid Splint is good too. Hang aroind in a safely out-of-the-way spot & hoover up the assorted loot left by destroyed PMC ships.. or simply dock at a convenient spot & wait awhile, then do the above (save is recommended /just in case/ your dock's targetted; it's very unlikely though..)

Don't forget you can now buy/sell local items remotely & that there is no transaction charge for selling stuff, only buying.. so clear out your common missile bays too!
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

ceeldee
xr

Totally Frustrated 4.0 Beta

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 06:45

Came back to the game I bought years ago , only played for an hour then and gave up. Now 12 hours in I am stuck trying to do the Hack with the the Trojan ROV. The station I am meant to hack is hostile so I get blown to pieces on approach. If launch drone from a distance drone is attacked or my parked ship attacked by a patrol. This is the usual rubbish where you cannot go on and complete the campaign. I have wasted quite a lot of time trying to sneek in and hide but the turrets can fire inward so cannot hide.

I really don't think it is good enough, regretting my HOL purchase already.

I should at least be able to dial down the difficulty, after all its my entertainment. Fed up!

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 08:22

4.0 is called BETA for a reason.

Your issue is already fixed and will be available in the next beta version, so either switch back to 3.xx (saves aren't backwards compatible though) or wait for a few days: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=386457

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 09:48

Well,
you could

a. Wait for the patrol to move away. (that's what i did)
b. See if you can get any missions with pirates in that zone to provide additional targets to the patrols and the station defenses.
c. Plan your trip and move in with the skunk. The tactic to leave the skunk far away didnt work for me. I moved the skunk right in the station and hid it somewhere that the turrets couldnt fire.
d. Avoid doing the quest for now. Get some credits, upgrade your skunk and go kill the patrols.
Even better bring in your fleet.
e. Buy Novadrones and take out the station defenses from distance.

You know X, just because you can get at that part of the quest doesnt mean you should, before upgrading a bit first.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 09:53

The fastest way is to accept station protect missions and then let the station do the killing.

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 10:14

Araknis wrote:The fastest way is to accept station protect missions and then let the station do the killing.
This doesn't work as easily in 4.0 anymore because the reward is quite low & you get a bonus for every kill to balance it out.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 10:20

fallenwizard wrote: This doesn't work as easily in 4.0 anymore because the reward is quite low & you get a bonus for every kill to balance it out.
True, but if i started over i would do the same again, station protect and patrol.
Taxi missions etc. is just too boring for me.
A matter of flavor i guess.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 11:05

Thanks FW, yes it is a Beta I expected bugs but the campaign hasn't changed. Anyway good to hear, and its not just me.

Hi A, I expect you are in release V 3.6. or you have been playing for a fair while before progressing the plot. I watched a UTube tutorial of a guy hiding in the station, not possible in this 4.0 at present , especially with a fleet consisting of 1 pretty skinny Skunk.

The plot should also ensure enough income generation to buy the necessary
drone by now. Once things go hostile , regular bulletin board fare etc are basically undoable at this stage.

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 11:24

There is always the possibility to fly to Yoolis directly, skipping the whole situation. I think she's around Dwarfish Tinderbox as far as I remember. Yisha will point you to her as soon as her ship is in sight.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 12:16

Thanks again FW , may as well give it a go. Hope not swarming with overwhelming red.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 17:20

this is a very different game, compared to what was released. i do hope egosoft decides to relaunch the game at some point, so the bad comments are washed out. with the impression of today game.

yes it still needs , some more work, more content (ahem Paranid, and Boron, larger universe . ability to fly more than one ship etc)

the true behind it is that i think that we are laying down the basics for what will be x4 . :)
X gamer , one at a time.

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 17:21

@ceeldee

Please test again with 4.0 Beta 7.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 07:15

@fw Your tip worked found Yoolis and the plot moved on. I'll reload a save
and let u know re the the hack.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 08:33

@fw Steam has updated version .Reloaded and tried 5 or 6 times. 1st reload only a patrol of 3 came out and I eliminated them, ran for the station (to hide and launch drone). Too much station fire no safe spots. Did another 2 runs for station same result station kills me. Last 2 attempts larger patrols came to me with larger ships, missiles did not take them down and they killed me.

Question re Recruit Captain after finding Yoolis. I have 8 marines and a Marine Officer (no Marine Captains seem available) mission still shows acquire Marine Captain. Info re game says only need Officer to launch Marines. Maybe its my imagination but seems a lot more hostiles at Distant Flume now(went there to recruit). Yesterday it was quite peaceful there.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 13:59

You'll need a Captain to control the prize after it's been boarded; you need a Marine Officer (+ marines) to perform the actual boarding. There are no Marine Captains in the game
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 14:38

@Snafu Yes, finally worked that out tx. All good and boarded OK.

Spami
x4

Post by Spami » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 18:32

Snafu_X3 wrote:Marine Captains
Marine Captains... let that idea sink in for a while... :D

Engineer Pilots...
Engineer Officers...
Marine Defense Officer...
Captain Defense Officer...
Spami

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”